Archived Black Friday dud

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went in at 3 am this morning and there was a lot of two ad product left still. Grant it the tvs, Ipads , Ipods etc were all gone. However, we had tons of everything else including the tablets. Uusally, the store is bare of most 2 ad items a couple hours after opening.

My store was dead when I went in...it did start to pick back up around 10 this morning though

Didn't work last night but I went into two targets between midnight and 1 am and it was dead. Tons of stuff still available, minus electronics. My girlfriends store was busy, they did 340,000 by 11:50p, but she said it was more like a busy Friday night than Black Friday.

Last edited:
Ours has been busy since open. Ipads we had over a hundred easy. Our electronics department is shredded and filled with reshop. But still have stuff to sell. In total ive had tome to put 5 items of reshop up in 8 hours, thats how busy it was for 3 team members there in electronics

Crowd control at the beginning of my shift last night. The entire line was inside the store in about 10 minutes. No major back up at the lanes, either.

I came in at 5pm and there couldn't have been more than 20 people lined up outside of the store. Two years ago it wrapped all the way around the building, almost to our receiving door. I don't think our checkout line ever stretched past A15 either. Even with that, it seems like people came in as they finished their dinners, so we stayed consistently busy until about midnight. There were still plenty of doorbusters leftover when I came back in this morning, even some TVs. I'm really curious to see how Target and other companies did sales-wise for Thursday and Friday...

We only killed sales because a reseller came in and cleaned us out of xboxes, PS4s and some other stuff. But for traffic, just a really busy weekend day.

my store went well above our sales goal, but the team said it was way busier last year. however, it is important to point out that free shipping on everything online was a huge factor, and the fact that Target decided to honor some BF doorbuster prices on wednesday

ours was a huge dud. I've never been more bored at work. My store is always the first or second in our district for sales and we were DEAD LAST. even lower than ULV stores... We missed sales by a large percentage.
STL was freaking out all night long.. it was actually kind of creepy in our store. I have no idea what happened but we did kill it on redcards. When I left at 4am we had 79. Our goal was 120 from 6pm-11pm friday. Hope they made it!

We had a huge night last night. We killed sales, and were still busy at 1am, when we did over 3 times what a normal peak hour would be on a normal day. Then it eventually died. But it started getting crazy this morning and we were still going strong all day.

We had 7 people in electronics today (they only had one person scheduled for some reason) and there were still guests wandering to the front asking for us to page a TM over there to help them, because they were all with guests.

I came in at 5pm and there couldn't have been more than 20 people lined up outside of the store. Two years ago it wrapped all the way around the building, almost to our receiving door. I don't think our checkout line ever stretched past A15 either. Even with that, it seems like people came in as they finished their dinners, so we stayed consistently busy until about midnight. There were still plenty of doorbusters leftover when I came back in this morning, even some TVs. I'm really curious to see how Target and other companies did sales-wise for Thursday and Friday...

Pretty much the exact same at my store...hardly anyone in line before opening and the lines in electronics and the front didnt exist at 7.

At 6:15 PM we'd hit sales today, when I left at 9:45 we were over 40,000 over sales.

From what I heard we were busy from 6-8pm Thurs, and died down a lot from 8p-6a. I went in at 4a and it was a ghost town. It started getting busy from 6:30a on, and was insane from 8/9a to when I left at 2.
Hopefully we made sales! (We did on Thurs night). There was still a considerable amount of stuff left I didn't think we'd still have (beats, tablets, non ticketed TVs, some generations of iPads/minis).

I came in at 4:30 am and it was pretty dead. Things started to pick up around normal business hours though and trying to push toy cafs was practically impossible. Electronics was busy as always. In that section it definitely felt like Black Friday.

When I walked in at 9 Thanksgiving night I overheard that our sales were down by over 35k compared to last year. When I left at 7 we were still nowhere near where we needed to be. I'll find out tonight how bad we actually did.

Pretty sure my store did good. It was high weekend leveld for us all through 3AM.

At huddle this am we were told we were number 1 for sales Thursday $315,000. We missed friday sales, by about $20,000 on a projection of $345,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back