Archived Black friday hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got sign-up sheets in our store for people "willing to work on Thanksgiving."
I guess that those who volunteer to work will have to come in on black thanksgiving.

At my store all tls GSA's and flow are basically gonna have overtime that week we were notified yesterday we will be having double trucks everyday that week besides thurs n Friday and its a mandatory 6hr shift at the least each day and we were also told that on bf everyone flow wise will get a 8-12hr shift that day and half the flow team is helping to set up the bf ad and everything Wednesday into Thursday morning we only have a team of 40 for holiday trucks that includes seasonal people n Plano that week I'm hoping we don't have a truck the Sunday after bf bc I can see the team being burnt out

At my store all tls GSA's and flow are basically gonna have overtime that week we were notified yesterday we will be having double trucks everyday that week besides thurs n Friday and its a mandatory 6hr shift at the least each day and we were also told that on bf everyone flow wise will get a 8-12hr shift that day and half the flow team is helping to set up the bf ad and everything Wednesday into Thursday morning we only have a team of 40 for holiday trucks that includes seasonal people n Plano that week I'm hoping we don't have a truck the Sunday after bf bc I can see the team being burnt out

Only doubles? Lucky. We have RDC triples on the PDS tagged along with double FDC's. Could be worse I suppose, late December in '10 our dayside team unloaded 2 RDC's in the morning and O/N took another 3 RDC's and 2 FDC's at night. 7 trailers in one day, 'Sheer Hell' is the only way to describe it.

I wonder how are they going to do they scheduling?? So if someone opens what time would they leave?? Pay and what not it's going to be a hard time for good old spot.

Our Hr & clerical HR were working on the schedule. They are supposed to plan for a midnight opening....but they admit that they don't yet know when we're opening!

I wonder how many weeks in a row I can manage O/T this quarter... hmmm....

AP told me at least 10pm.
Black Friday Coupon Scan Sheet - says 4am on 4th Quarter Planning section of WB.

Well everyone, our STL has a conference call about black friday hours at 10 am central time. We will all find out later today what corporate decided because as soon as they finish telling all the STLs, or possibly during, they will be releasing black friday hours via press release. I already have both the stores and the seasonal RSS feed updating on my desktop so as soon as it's official I will know!

My STL and I are both thinking 10PM. Her conference call is 11:00am EST, so I'm thinking she will call all ETLs and TLs into that part of the call so that we can all hear the news. I don't care what time we open - I just want to work the opening shift so that I can sleep the rest of Friday.

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong mitt romney ~~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no presidency ~ ~

╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

Last edited:
Not sure if this is true, but earlier I was looking for planograms and ran across an email from the STL on the ETL's desk about opening at 4am for Black Friday.... Like I said, not sure if it's true....

per my etl-hl, that is what our stuff said too. i did tell i think would be like 10pm opening on thursday.

It's going to be some stretched out shifts that day for my team regardless of what time we open..especially with no OT.

According to our Store Lead, we won't know until later today when we open on Black Friday.
I'm guessing 9 or 10, only because Target Mobile has to be in stores at 9 pm and they can't be in the store and doing business if we aren't doing business.

hey for the forums sake I would advise the mods to edit out the correct open time as it is still confiential information until the press release

hey for the forums sake I would advise the mods to edit out the correct open time as it is still confiential information until the press release

Its confidential for those who were given the information. The people who leaked the information were bound to that confidentiality, not this forum or its posters.

After the ETLs and TLs were done with their meeting, I asked my HR TL if she knew what time we were opening. She said she didn't know and that the new schedule wouldn't be posted until Saturday (normally Thursdays).

Yep I got rid of those posts... while I am sure the information will be released publically before planned (let's face it, someone is going to spill it all over facebook or something anyway)... I would prefer that Spot can't point its fingers in this direction :)

Yep I got rid of those posts... while I am sure the information will be released publically before planned (let's face it, someone is going to spill it all over facebook or something anyway)... I would prefer that Spot can't point its fingers in this direction :)

Hell, I already posted it to facebook and started complaining about it. I didn't receive the information from Target directly so I'm not gonna worry about it. I can appreciate the forum's desire to avoid unnecessary conflicts and scrutiny though.

Was in my store earlier & my ETL just gave me the word.
Keeping mum tho everyone will know soon.

Asked around today and was told that the BF schedule is made but will not be posted in our store until Monday... FFS no one cares what time spot decides to open, we just want to know our schedules so we can plan our lives.

Our store is assuming 10pm. I know that right now I am scheduled to come in at 9:45pm on November 22nd.

Asked around today and was told that the BF schedule is made but will not be posted in our store until Monday... FFS no one cares what time spot decides to open, we just want to know our schedules so we can plan our lives.

THIS. hello. what competitive advantage do you get by keeping this a secret? AND posting the schedule late? you're just making your own employees frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back