Archived Black Friday Hours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we stay open till midnight during DEC, as a closer I will be there until 12:30 (if I am lucky to get out on time), I have heard rumors that we will be opening at 6 am that means I would have to be there at 5:30 am or 5 if I do co.. please say it isn't so.. Maybe they meant 7 not 6. I have averaged at least 2 clopens a week lately.. ugh.. I am going to need a vacation in January.

My store is a midnight store the 2 weeks before Xmas we will be closing at 1 only exception is on Sunday that will be midnight.

Walmart is open all day on Thursday, just like they always have been. They just have their door buster specials coming out at different times.

My Walmarts have never been open all day on Thanksgiving. I read an article that said they have been for 25 years as a "24 hour company" but walmarts around here (jersey suburbia) aren't 24 hour stores. So Idk if that walmart being open all day thanksgiving thing applies everywhere.

Guests? We had numerous obviously intoxicated TM's. I might have been one of them.

If you're making me work Thanksgiving you're dealing with me coming in shortly after drinking a bottle of wine with dinner.

Ditto and half a cake or a quarter of a pie and a quarter of a cake depending if the pie is of an approved flavor.

Target is one of the worst retail chains when it comes to this. They purposely hold out until the last minute to screw over their minion employees. Pathetic. And you wonder why Wal Mart beats the shit out of Target. Yes, I'm aware that Costco is number one. But WalMart is number 2. Target limps in at 3.
List I saw had wm at number 1 by a landslide, followed by Kroger, then Costco, then Target.

GSTL said that HQ will release the news on Monday. I've got $50 (figuratively) riding on a 5pm open.

I've started spteading the word that we'll likely open at 6pm since Walmart is.

Seems my store's officially opening at 6. My Thanksgiving shift is showing up on myTime right now, HR added it in sometime this morning.

Seems my store's officially opening at 6. My Thanksgiving shift is showing up on myTime right now, HR added it in sometime this morning.

They are playing with the schedule at my location as well...but they warned us they would be doing it and not to take it as anything ahead of time. So far the two days they have me scheduled for are not possible, so it's clearly just playing at this point. I know Wednesday is the big schedule push for my store, so I would definitely take any of that with a grain of salt.

Though I fully believe we will open at 6pm when coporate announces it tomorrow.

They haven't even posted the next schedule up from last thursday yet in our store. Apparently we got mega hours dropped on us and they are still futzing with it?!

But people aren't exactly happy - especially those that have to make child care arrangements.

You know Target's Ad is out there you just know it...... It just hasn't leaked yet. I always wonder how do people get these ads?? I mean stores typically get them a week before ( in shipment) and yet they leak online 2-3 weeks prior? Mind blown.......

Wow, I am really surprised with all the responses I have gotten to this posting. I really do appreciate everyone for taking the time to read this and also to the ones who responded. I think we are all in the same boat, we want to know what time we are opening, so that we can make plans for the few hours we do have to spend with family and friends on Thanksgiving.

I've seen people making a big deal about working on thanksgiving for retail in general. They both suck but if I worked for dollar general and had an 8hr opening shift, I wouldn't even be mad. Closing would piss me off, though, because 7 pm is so close to being able to make it.

I think Target holding out on intel about black Friday is just proof positive of how shitty Target is now. Has any other major retail chain besides Target held out on black Friday hours? It's pathetic and unprofessional. And you wonder why this company is gradually turning into a nicer looking Kmart.

I kind of hope that we open earlier then Wally World.... Yes, I know they are open all day, but there door busters/ good deals are not starting until 6PM..... I mean, it would basically be like giving them the middle finger, LOL..... I mean any money we can take from that horrible company, would make being there early so worth it!!!

That is the best way to test out the new hires, if they can't handle the craziness of black Friday, then retail is not for them!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back