Archived Black Friday Hours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, he does have a choice of whether to be there. It's just that if he chooses not to be there, he might be receiving his next check via the mail.

I had a shift showing up yesterday, isn't anymore, HR seems to be playing around with it still, but I imagine I'll get 5:45 PM - 2:15 AM, and then come back between 8 and 10 AM for a second shift. Probably mirror the GSTL's two shifts and be there for 19 out of the 30 hours or so that we'll be open.

Last edited:
Aww man. My availability is 4am - 6pm. Sucks I won't be there when they open:D
The Target Press release says TM will be given time and a half and bonus pay for Thanksgiving. Anyone know what the bonus pay is?

I'd be surprised if it was more than last year. (one buck an hour)

It's time-and-a-half until midnight, then $1/hr above your regular pay after midnight (overnight shift differential) until about 6am I believe.

Yes, the overnight shift differential is the "bonus." Pretty disingenuous.

LOL ..ya I thought it was funny too....BONUS pay...(for shift dif)

I got a sweet shift. 5:30 til 11 Thanksgiving. 5 am til 1:30 pm Friday. Close Saturday and Sunday. All they have to do now is figure out what day I get off during the week. Otherwise, I'll be working nine EDIT - make that TEN days straight, Monday (before Thanksgiving) til Thursday after Thanksgiving. I'm already tired. But it's gonna be fun. It always is.

How do you know what your shift is already?

My STL told me. The schedule hasn't been published yet. He actually asked if I minded working Thanksgiving. He's gonna be there, so why wouldn't I want to be there? It's a big night for us. I know, I know. We're all supposed to hate working at Target. But I actually work retail because I like it. And I understand that we have work when shoppers want to shop. So I'm game. I can always sleep in January.

Friday will be ours posted too.... I kinda hope I work Friday ( Black Friday that is) I really,really dread Thanksgiving only from the fact that it is majorly dead after everyone made the mad dash and we just kinda walk in circles basically finding things to do and everyone including myself is on no sleep because it is dead so ya please Friday!

My STL told me. The schedule hasn't been published yet. He actually asked if I minded working Thanksgiving. He's gonna be there, so why wouldn't I want to be there? It's a big night for us. I know, I know. We're all supposed to hate working at Target. But I actually work retail because I like it. And I understand that we have work when shoppers want to shop. So I'm game. I can always sleep in January.

We're supposed to hate working at target? Is this a new rule or nah?

I don't "like" retail, but the things I don't like have nothing to do with the actual work. I like soul food and my family more than I like work, though. I like opening Black Friday. I actually volunteered for it and told her I'd prefer to just overnight and not come back on Friday. I'd like opening even more if it occurred on Friday, though.

Sure you can have Thanksgiving and Black Friday off but be sure to collect your unemployment on the way out.........

I had a cashier who started this summer come up to the electronics TM and me tonight and ask us how she could get Thanksgiving off. To our credit, we didn't laugh....

I would have laughed and would have been like, your kidding me right?

I had a cashier who started this summer come up to the electronics TM and me tonight and ask us how she could get Thanksgiving off. To our credit, we didn't laugh....

I would have laughed and would have been like, your kidding me right?
We had a seasonal cashier yesterday, with cashier experience, say she wasn't getting on a lane... She was going to shadow for another... Get this, WEEK AND A HALF. then she'd work alone.

I laughed when I heard it.

Her trainer of the day managed to invent something to go check, then the guest from hell with an over flowering cart got in her lane.

I laughed.

How do you know what your shift is already?

I'll be working 5:45 - 2:15, doubt it's uncommon for stores to have decided which shifts

Eh, is it really that difficult to get Thanksgiving off? Expecting to not work Thanksgiving of Black Friday is obviously delusional, but I'd imagine a good chunk of people get Thursday off.

Example:

We have 13 checklanes, including the three at guest service.

13 registers * 6 hours = 78 hours

6-12:00 is 6 hours, so 45 minutes of break time in there.

78/5.25=14.85

We need 15 cashiers to work Thanksgiving to keep every lane manned nonstop for 6 hours, even when people are on breaks.

We have more than 15 cashiers, of course I'm not sure that getting the night off and coming in at 2-3 AM or so is what your cashier had in mind when they asked for the Thanksgiving off, but it's probably the best they could hope for.

Friday will be ours posted too.... I kinda hope I work Friday ( Black Friday that is) I really,really dread Thanksgiving only from the fact that it is majorly dead after everyone made the mad dash and we just kinda walk in circles basically finding things to do and everyone including myself is on no sleep because it is dead so ya please Friday!

I could find a bunch of stuff to do in Market that not even the entire team could complete

We have 18+3 registers, ha, I might laugh again... We don't have 18 cashiers at the moment. Wonder if they can get enough hired?

I read a blurb that the service desk was going to be doing something special with a ticketed item.

Our store will open at 6p.m. on T-day with openers coming in at 2pm (get $1 shift diferential and time 1/2). The rest of us that do not open will get time 1/2. (At least thats how I read our STL's post. o_O cha ching.

We have way more registers than cashiers. Some people who open cashier will be those who only cashier once a year. And the 6pm opening means either a lot of lunches or a lot of people coming in at 10:30pm. Some people won't have to open that night, but that doesn't mean we're allowed to ask for the evening off, either.

We have 18 registers, but at my estimate, only 9-11 of em work. Will they be working to get these repaired between now and Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back