Archived Black Friday Hours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working 7pm Thanksgiving through to 7am Black Friday. Starbucks is going to be fun...

My hours that week are Monday through Wed 6am until 2:30 pm which is my normal shift. Then I go back in at midnight until 7am Thanksgiving morning. My boss asked us what schedule we wanted for Black Friday but I did not get the one I need. I got 1:30am until 10am. I do not drive and my husband cannot take me bc he has to work 6pm until 530am which is his normal shift.
He works nights and I work days so normally there is no issue with getting me to
and from work. The only other person who could give me a ride got the 530pm till 2am shift. I talked to my hr who told me to talk to my etl, talked to her and she told me to talk to my boss about it but that she didnt see any problem with switching me to the 530pm till 2am shift. My boss left early Fri and was off today so I have to wait till in the morning to talk to her. Hopefully I am able to get it switched.

Working 7pm Thanksgiving through to 7am Black Friday. Starbucks is going to be fun...

At my store our starbucks TL has to be in on Black Thursday at 4pm prepping and making samples for guests waiting for 6pm open. We are also having promo for Black Thursday 6pm 1st 300 guests buy 1 either get 1 free or 50 percent off, I can't remember. They are going to die over there. I will miss them all. Talk about a zoo! I would rather stick shards of glass in my eye than work starbucks on black Thursday. We had 5 tm's over there last Saturday and it was nuts. Good luck to you Krissfak and all those working starbucks, you truly are a talented group. May the force be with you!

Hope I do. It would be quite embarrassing to throw up bile or pass out there. It has happened to me before and thrust me when I get better I just feel I want to die of embarrassment.

Also IDK what the hell I'll be doing in Softlines. I've never worked that department.

I REALLY HOPE this schedule is fucking tentative. Hope they hire bunch more people this week.

Everyone in is always worried about softlines lol! If you've never been in it then they won't stick you on phones or in the fitting room. You will be in the zone- so you will pick stuff up off the floor,put it back on the rack it goes on - fold a few things, look for product with item search for guests, back up lanes - it will be fine!#!!

So my store is doing pay and a half + $1 for thanksgiving. I guess that's some relief cause I heard they would only be offering $1

It's time and a half plus $2 sorta or something like that according to my etl hr. $1 "thank you" pay until 12am and $1 of shift differential from something until 8am. In Jersey... Not Canada.

We have something like that, too, but I can't remember the details. Still not gonna be a HUGE check, right?

It's all relative, I think. I dropped down to 15-25 hour weeks for the past few months, so it'll probably feel big to me, for a moment haha.

I'm in California though and I'm getting time and a half + $1. Even though the cost of living is high, every extra dollar is help for a young person like me.

Time and a Half on Thursday until Midnight Friday morning then it is just the +$1 until I do believe 6am Friday morning.

Why are we all being told different things about this pay situation? Does it differ in different places??

It opens at 6pm on Thanksgiving. And im working 10:30pm - 7:00am. Thanksgiving & Blackfriday. Im scared... :(

i'm working 545pm-130am thursday, and 2pm-930pm friday. then early shifts saturday, sunday and monday. i'm gonna be wiped out. this is the first black friday that i've bothered to leave my house, due to rumors of madness. i'm a bit worried. but as target team members, we can handle this! i say this as the final decline came from corporate to reconsider closing our store after january 31st, despite the outcry from the community leaders and residents.

http://wqad.com/2014/11/25/clinton-campaigns-to-save-target-store-from-closing/

It's gonna be a RUSH!

Just do the best you can... what else can you do? ;)

I'm in electronics, and I'll be working 8 am to 5 pm today, 5 pm to 330 am tomorrow, and 530 pm to 12 am on Friday.

I remember last year, when we opened at eight, there was a big rush for a few hours and then it dropped off around 2 am. It was dead for the rest of the night. Opening earlier and earlier doesn't prolong the shopping frenzy ... it just happens a couple of hours earlier than it normally would.

I remember last year, when we opened at eight, there was a big rush for a few hours and then it dropped off around 2 am. It was dead for the rest of the night. Opening earlier and earlier doesn't prolong the shopping frenzy ... it just happens a couple of hours earlier than it normally would.

YEP and that right there is the reason I think all of this is so stupid.

My STL actually brought up a point about retaining Market Share by competing and opening at the same time as your Walmarts, Kohls, etc.....valid point to be sure but I dont know how much of an effect opening at midnight or whatever would actually effect sales at all

But the traffic picks up like at 6 am Black Friday, right? This is my first Black Friday ever (working) since I've only shipped online on that day. I heard in HR that it will be dead overnight, but then that it picks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back