Archived Black Friday Hours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about thanksgiving ( not born in this country ) and I am off that day !!!!dont start until 8 am on Friday !
How ridiculous is that ? And I am trained everywhere in the store ...
Some hoped to have it off , and even begged to have it off ... And they open on Thursday ...
I ll enjoy that day off with my kids and hubby ( who is off for 4 days ) ...

Thursday - 5PM to 6:30PM (TPS), 6:30PM to 3AM (Sales Floor)
Friday - 1PM to 9:30PM

tcfDw6C.png

tcfDw6C.png

6:00 start time for GSA shift. That seems well thought out too. It said 5:45 a few days ago, that seemed bad as is, expected 5:30, but 6:00 is just silly, punch in and rush to the checklanes as the hordes roll in.

Our GSTL is coming in at 4

You'll be GSTL in no time! :rolleyes:

Funny enough our GSTL insists on taking most of his breaks, the GSA's all opt to skip them because they hate begging someone to come up and cover for them.

Yep, that's why we GSAs don't bother with about half of our breaks at our store, either. And even then, there are times I have to hide because the ETL covering can't figure something out or gets in over their head and needs me. Both of which are reminders how seriously underpaid I am. *sigh*
Beyond seriously underpaid.

We are short a GSA, and they cannot give the position away. The extra 50 cents hasn't been worth it to anyone they have offered it too. I'll be curious what they do on BF, right now the numbers don't work.

And people at my store wonder why I didnt want to be assigned GSTL even though I am on the bench...extra 50 cents is NOT worth moving from PA to GSTL

Here is my schedule

Thursday 5:45-10:15PM :"Hardlines"
Friday 6AM-2:30PM Pfresh

So glad my scheduled shift Thursday is almost the exact hours of the Seahawks-49ers game and being located on the west coast I wonder how many men I will actually see out shopping haha.

I hate this opening at 6PM BS......its so dumb......why arent we just open all day if we are going to be open...at least we can ruin everyone elses day instead of just our own if they REALLY want that crappy ELEMENT TV that we return half of

And if I have to deal with any drunk people I am going to call AP to haul their %#%# out of the store

I open FA on Thurs, off for 12 hrs, Fri close SB, off for 10 hrs, Sat mid at FA.
Told the boys those off hrs were 'sleep hrs' & I'd BETTER not hear any ruckus.

11am to 6pm Friday. That's it. I have Thursdays as unavailable because I go to school and I figured they'd put me anyways since there are no classes on Thanksgiving. But sure enough, I was marked unavailable. Works for me!

I am midnight to 8:30am at Guest Service, then I'm off the rest of Friday. Works for me! :)

Did you have to pay to get that shift?

I have 6 PM - 2:30 AM, and then 2:30 PM - 9:45 PM. I'm tempted to pick up a shift that is 11:45 - 7:00 too, but not sure they will let me work Thanksgiving over night and then do a double Friday.

I am midnight to 8:30am at Guest Service, then I'm off the rest of Friday. Works for me! :)

Did you have to pay to get that shift?

I have 6 PM - 2:30 AM, and then 2:30 PM - 9:45 PM. I'm tempted to pick up a shift that is 11:45 - 7:00 too, but not sure they will let me work Thanksgiving over night and then do a double Friday.

No, I just got really, really lucky. I was pretty shocked myself when I saw the shift.

My schedule is from
Wednesday: 6:30pm - 3am into Thursday
Then Thursday I'm coming in at 4pm to 11:55pm.

Isn't that more than I'm allowed to work?
oh well...I get about 13 hours to sleep/eat/get to work. great.

Wensday 4:00PM - 3:00AM wut
Thursday 10:30pm-7:00am trailer unload

lol just wut

We have 18 registers, but at my estimate, only 9-11 of em work. Will they be working to get these repaired between now and Black Friday?
Our STL says that there is at least one store in our district that only 3 or 4 registers working. Sounds like the rest of them keep crashing.

I am working the following.

Wed: 2pm-12:00pm - supposed to run the pull line/zone/ect., while ETLs are in charge of setting up the ad product in softlines.
Thur: 5:30pm-2:30am - was asked to run the Apple Shop in electronics, rather than working in softlines
Fri: 4pm-11pm
Sat: 4pm-11pm

Was also told to make sure my brand team has to have all of the fixtures (quads, convertibles, and so on) moved out of the way by the time they leave 3 or 3:15pm on Wednesday. Also not sure what happens when a guest wants to purchase something on one of these squished-in fixtures, as most of this product is 40% off Thursday-Saturday. We are one of the smallest GM stores in the company and never come close to setting VA like the manual/map calls for (we don't enough room for all of the fixtures they call for, so we get very creative).

118 people are off thanksgiving at my store.

I work 5:30pm-5:30am and I'm off Friday. Bless me, because I don't know how I got that shift, it goes against my morals, but hey time and half till 12, a dollar till 5:30, I'll take it!

Please tell me this is a fucking joke or its subject to change.

How the fuck am I going to work 15 freaking hours straight? I have really bad hypoglycemia with hypotension. If I don't eat enough or rest enough I pass out like no joke. It has happened to me in public places.

Attachments

• 2014-11-15 00.14.23.png
    2014-11-15 00.14.23.png
    312.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Fun schedule times. Get to open until 2:15am, then get to come back in at 10:15am for another 8 hours. Already figured out, I'm going to get four hours sleep if I'm lucky in between knowing how I am. I did somehow get Saturday (and will have Sunday off), so not complaining on that part at least.

The first three hours of my opening shift are strange though. It mentions "Inventory". My first guess is it's helping with the TVs at the front door (which I've done before), just never saw it referred to that way in the past.

Those of you who are getting scheduled for 8 hour plus shifts and are minors should take a look at whether your state protects minor workers from working more than 8 hours. Here's a department of labor page that breaks down all the limits for each state.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/nonfarm.htm

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of you minors are being scheduled in violation of your state's laws.

Please tell me this is a fucking joke or its subject to change.

How the fuck am I going to work 15 freaking hours straight? I have really bad hypoglycemia with hypotension. If I don't eat enough or rest enough I pass out like no joke. It has happened to me in public places.

Make sure you take your breaks and keep whatever snack you need to combat on you( make it pocket size) also tell your etl of ur concerns. Shouldnt be a problem. Take a bathroom break if feeling off. Hope it will be ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back