Archived Black Friday Hours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They either like me or don't like me. 1p-9p on Friday. Said I can work anytime.

Same thing happened to me. Not scheduled thursday at all but am scheduled friday afternoon. I wanted to work thursday for the holiday pay, and the fact that I dont do anything anyway. I feel like I am taking away from someone who really wanted the holiday off

Same thing happened to me. Not scheduled thursday at all but am scheduled friday afternoon. I wanted to work thursday for the holiday pay, and the fact that I dont do anything anyway. I feel like I am taking away from someone who really wanted the holiday off

I bet it won't be difficult to find someone that wants to swap or give away their shift.

I am scheduled 38.5 hours, but since 6 of those are Thanksgiving I can work 46 before hitting OT, so I figure I'll work Thanksgiving and a double shift on Black Friday if anyone wants to not work through the madness. I'm young, I don't need sleep :p

Or I'll work Monday or Wednesday (the two days they gave me off), I plan to take advantage of the ability to work 46 hours instead of the usual 40. Told HRTM I wanted 46 if she coul schedule me all 46, but she didn't wind up doing so.

I bet it won't be difficult to find someone that wants to swap or give away their shift.

I am scheduled 38.5 hours, but since 6 of those are Thanksgiving I can work 46 before hitting OT, so I figure I'll work Thanksgiving and a double shift on Black Friday if anyone wants to not work through the madness. I'm young, I don't need sleep :p

Or I'll work Monday or Wednesday (the two days they gave me off), I plan to take advantage of the ability to work 46 hours instead of the usual 40. Told HRTM I wanted 46 if she coul schedule me all 46, but she didn't wind up doing so.

I was thinking about just picking up a Thursday shift and keeping the Friday. like you said I am sure a lot of people would be willing to give it up. It all depends I guess if they let me work over 40 hours. It shouldnt be a problem since its a holiday but I will see if they will let me

I got Thursday off, working 12:30am-8:30am on Friday. 39.75 hour week though since I'll be in market 2-10:30pm Sunday-Wednesday. I always get tired pretty early and this is my first BF so I'm somewhat worried I'll be half asleep all night. :p

6:00 start time for GSA shift. That seems well thought out too. It said 5:45 a few days ago, that seemed bad as is, expected 5:30, but 6:00 is just silly, punch in and rush to the checklanes as the hordes roll in.
Gee, even i'm scheduled at 5:30 on thursday! (they are using me to "hold hours" for people not on the schedule yet supposedly)

I have a feeling I'm working alongside my former ETL who was moved to hardlines. She probably requested me.

On 27th my schedule looks like this,5:30pm-11:45pm,12:00Am -12:30 AM.total 6.5 hrs. So I will clock out at 10:30 to take lunch then clock in again at 11:00 p.m.clock out again at 11:45.then clock in again at 12:00 am(28th).did I understand it right?

5:30 - 12:30 (ignore the 11:45, they can smd)
6.5 hours
break @ 7:30
lunch @ 10

lol, right? I don't work at all thanksgiving and Friday I go in at 3:15P to close. It makes me suspicious seeing other people's schedule. Of course, my schedule for the rest of the week is messed up because, once again, they scheduled me three shifts against my availability.

5:30 - 12:30 (ignore the 11:45, they can smd)
6.5 hours
break @ 7:30
lunch @ 10
Thanks .:)
Depending on your workcenter, you may not be able to take a break at that time, but make sure you get one. The rule is middle of a 4 hour period. Also, if you're a badass, you can take a second 15 since you're scheduled 7 hours. Some will disagree. Does your HR print the daily break schedule? I've seen that schedule give 7 hour shifts 2 15's.

Break? Doubt I take one of those unless a ETL yells at me and tells me I have to.

Got it.
I will make sure I have all my candies with me.:) I'll skip the second 15 if I can.

Last edited:
Your store should be printing out break schedule cards for every single person for Thursday and Friday. Those are God. You go during those times, no matter what...short of the store being on fire...then go have your break at your external meeting point.

Break? Doubt I take one of those unless a ETL yells at me and tells me I have to.
You'll be GSTL in no time! :rolleyes:

Funny enough our GSTL insists on taking most of his breaks, the GSA's all opt to skip them because they hate begging someone to come up and cover for them.

Yep, that's why we GSAs don't bother with about half of our breaks at our store, either. And even then, there are times I have to hide because the ETL covering can't figure something out or gets in over their head and needs me. Both of which are reminders how seriously underpaid I am. *sigh*

You'll be GSTL in no time! :rolleyes:

Funny enough our GSTL insists on taking most of his breaks, the GSA's all opt to skip them because they hate begging someone to come up and cover for them.

Yep, that's why we GSAs don't bother with about half of our breaks at our store, either. And even then, there are times I have to hide because the ETL covering can't figure something out or gets in over their head and needs me. Both of which are reminders how seriously underpaid I am. *sigh*
Beyond seriously underpaid.

We are short a GSA, and they cannot give the position away. The extra 50 cents hasn't been worth it to anyone they have offered it too. I'll be curious what they do on BF, right now the numbers don't work.

My store is brilliant and we are having a truck on thanksgiving, about 11 pm after the huge black thursday rush. What a smart idea.

My store was first going to take double on Monday am and pm, then double on Wednesday am and pm, finally pulled their head out of their ass and taking the extra on Sunday am. Thank god!

I got you guys beat

Sunday morning @2am
Monday morning @2am
Tuesday morning @2am
Wednesday morning @2am
Thursday morning @2am-8am
Thursday night @10pm
Saturday morning@2am

There goes the sanity of your Logistics teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back