Archived Black Friday Hours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wed - 0800-1630
Thurs - 2300-0730
Fri - 1200-2230

I'm going to end up shopping and then take a nap in my car with that 4hr gap. At least I work in the Backroom since I don't have the time to take a shower.

wed:8 am-2 pm cashier then 9-5 overnight into thanksgiving
Thanksgiving day: 5:45-2:15 service desk
Friday: 11-7:30 service desk
Saturday off
someone kill me now lol

Please tell me this is a fucking joke or its subject to change.

How the fuck am I going to work 15 freaking hours straight? I have really bad hypoglycemia with hypotension. If I don't eat enough or rest enough I pass out like no joke. It has happened to me in public places.

Make sure you take your breaks and keep whatever snack you need to combat on you( make it pocket size) also tell your etl of ur concerns. Shouldnt be a problem. Take a bathroom break if feeling off. Hope it will be ok!

Hope I do. It would be quite embarrassing to throw up bile or pass out there. It has happened to me before and thrust me when I get better I just feel I want to die of embarrassment.

Also IDK what the hell I'll be doing in Softlines. I've never worked that department.

I REALLY HOPE this schedule is fucking tentative. Hope they hire bunch more people this week.

Last edited:
Please tell me this is a fucking joke or its subject to change.

How the fuck am I going to work 15 freaking hours straight? I have really bad hypoglycemia with hypotension. If I don't eat enough or rest enough I pass out like no joke. It has happened to me in public places.

Make sure you take your breaks and keep whatever snack you need to combat on you( make it pocket size) also tell your etl of ur concerns. Shouldnt be a problem. Take a bathroom break if feeling off. Hope it will be ok!

Hope I do. It would be quite embarrassing to throw up bile or pass out there. It has happened to me before and thrust me when I get better I just feel I want to die of embarrassment.

Also IDK what the hell I'll be doing in Softlines. I've never worked that department.

I REALLY HOPE this schedule is fucking tentative. Hope they hire bunch more people this week.
In softlines you'll be the Red Cross responding to Hurricane Black Friday.

The first three hours of my opening shift are strange though. It mentions "Inventory". My first guess is it's helping with the TVs at the front door (which I've done before), just never saw it referred to that way in the past.

Your store is just using Inventory as a paper workcenter. If you're not doing crowd management, then they probably have you doing something "special."

I'm working 6a-2p on Wednesday, then I come back that evening 8p-3am into Thursday morning.
5p-1:30a Thursday into Friday.
10a-5p Friday to top off all the fun.

It's gonna be a long three days. I'm trying to knock out the bulk of my remaining schoolwork this week because there is no way I'm getting anything done during "break".

I'll be off Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday - 5:45pm - 12:00am
Friday - 12:05am - 8:35am (I'll keep saying it hope and pray this is only tentative. I can't imagine being from 5pm till 8am next day, what a fucking hassle.)
Saturday - 12:00 - 5:00am

Hope the following week it goes back again to 4am. Another reason why I want to transfer from a SUPER TARGET to a Standard Normal Target next year. If it remains 12:00am - 5:00am, I may have to quit cause I'll be damn tired for college and my gym training.

Last edited:
On 27th my schedule looks like this,5:30pm-11:45pm,12:00Am -12:30 AM.total 6.5 hrs. So I will clock out at 10:30 to take lunch then clock in again at 11:00 p.m.clock out again at 11:45.then clock in again at 12:00 am(28th).did I understand it right?

You don't clock out at 11:45. My time is kinda dumb and it sometimes removes 15 min breaks for some reason. I've noticed that it often does this when you're scheduled to change work centers at some point in a shift. Your break may or may not be scheduled during that specific block of 15 minutes, though.

We have to have 7.5 hours between shifts, here. I assume that's a local law because I saw a post with only 5 hours between shifts.

I'm 5:30-2am, then back again for 10a-6p. No work on Saturday. 39.5 hours that week. They said we could pick up more, but there isn't enough poverty on earth to get me to work more. I'm annoyed though. A bunch of people got exactly what they requested. I asked to open but with the stipulations that I didn't want a short shift (last year I did that and it felt like a waste of a ruined dinner) and I did not wanna come back on actual Friday. With all the people that said no to Thursday and were happy to come in on Friday, it doesn't make sense that I couldn't have that.

I'm not showering or changing clothes between those two shifts. I'll probably febreze myself and refresh my deodorant. Last year, people were stanky doing those two shifts lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mon: 8am - 4:30 pm
Tues: 2:30 pm - 11 pm
Wed: 3pm - 11pm
Thurs: 5:45 pm - 2am
Sat: 1 pm - 9:30pm

Would gladly work all black friday to not do Thanksgiving.

:eek: I only work 6 hrs on Thursday. I mean not that I am complaining but 6 just seems well odd.....I mean considering it is our busiest day and all.

I've known my shift for over a week. Because my ETL olans ahead and had a mock schedule planned out just waiting for start time to be released.

In my store flow tm's were each asked exactly what days and what hrs we wanted to work. Schedule was just posted. Only 1 that I know of has a problem and frankly I don't understand why. You knew you couldn't work Friday so why didn't you tell them. She asked if I could take her shift. I didn't even ask what it is cause I'm not working friday. I'm working Thursday 5 pm to 1am. Got what I wanted.

So you have to be out by 11:59 on wednesday and then have 1 hour to set up on Friday?

Exactly. Every single thing is set up on Wednesday night so on Friday morning there's nothing to do but show up and work. There are a lot of people, including myself, that work 6pm till 11pm on Wednesday. For Black Friday, most shifts don't start until 12:55am.

Unfortunately, we do lose some business to people that go to other nearby states to shop at 6pm on Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
I saw a few others working 6 or 7 hrs ( like myself) I think maybe I even saw a 4 hr shift somewhere on here ( maybe I am wrong) but what's the deal with the 6, 7 hr shifts? I even heard from someone today they got a 5 hr shift today. They are really cutting people hrs for thanksgiving ( I mean compared to in the past) it's normally 8 hr shifts 9 shifts but now it's 5, 6, 7 shifts? Is Target trying to cut hrs for Thanksgiving to save on pay or something??

Anyone have any insight into why I'm scheduled Thursday until 12 and then clock back in at 12:15?

Attachments

• 2014-11-16_21-11-21.png
    2014-11-16_21-11-21.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 22
Anyone have any insight into why I'm scheduled Thursday until 12 and then clock back in at 12:15?

I think mytime is a bit buggy, especially when scheduling shifts spanning over two different days. it should just be one shift 530-1 am with your lunch being whatever time you are scheduled to go

Sunday through Wednesday: 2:30am-11am (SO EARLY UGH)
Thursday: 7pm-3:30am

I've got my first overnight shift for Black Friday. That'll be interesting.

Last year I worked 3:30am to 11am, and it wasn't too bad. Most guests were zombies because they'd been up all day and night eating pie and shopping. Anyone know what I might be in for this time around? Workcenter is Unload/Stocking. I know I'll be helping pop the truck at some point during my shift, but we're not starting on that until after midnight, so beyond that I don't know what to expect exactly.

I saw a few others working 6 or 7 hrs ( like myself) I think maybe I even saw a 4 hr shift somewhere on here ( maybe I am wrong) but what's the deal with the 6, 7 hr shifts? I even heard from someone today they got a 5 hr shift today. They are really cutting people hrs for thanksgiving ( I mean compared to in the past) it's normally 8 hr shifts 9 shifts but now it's 5, 6, 7 shifts? Is Target trying to cut hrs for Thanksgiving to save on pay or something??

Our store only has six people with shifts over 8 hours, 2 in softlines, the FRO, our CTL, our BRTL, and a TM in Market.

We have a bunch with 8 hour shifts though, including both opening GSA shifts, 3 cart attendants, and 8 cashiers.

Four of the six with 8+ hours are 8.5 as well, just CTL and BRTL got truly long shifts, 12 hours for CTL, 12.5 for BRTL. BRTL works another 12.5 on BF for 25 hours between the two days. Add two lunches per day and she'll be in the store for 27 hours.

As Triscuit said, seems to be an issue with shifts that go into a new day, they get messed up when HR tells myTime to add breaks.

My time usually puts a phantom punch in at midnight for overnight shifts. It could be that my time scheduled you for a break at 12am and then put the phantom punch at 1215.

Instocks
Wed 7-3.30
Thr off
Fri 6-2.30
Sat7-3.30
How the F*ck I got Thursday off I will never know. Guess I can relax and go shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back