• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barcode

So with BTS ramping up and Q4 around the corner, who thinks Target is going to take another shot at Midnight on Black Friday? If I recall correctly it didn't really do that great for sales, but has Target ever "relaxed" on store hours? It seems like we're staying open later and later every year, and its been a one-way trend. I have a feeling they are going to keep doing it anyways, even though its not the best idea.... lol.

I'm willing to bet we do it again.
It seems to be the trend for all retail stores across the country.
Unless there is some kind of major backlash it will become the standard.

Midnight open. After last years fail, they will tell the store and teams that "we are giving more notice to TM's families and have had more time to prepare." They will not revert back. Corp's generally don't go backwards.

Instead of focusing on the opening time, I feel like spot should create doorbusters that are top notch, that outdo the rest of the retail market.. last years deals weren't all that great

I want enough doorbuster mdse so it will last longer than 2hrs after we are open. If we got it they will buy it. After doorbuster are sold out what is else is in the ad to drive sells?

That just means I can talk as much **** as I want on Target's FB page without reprisal. Lol.

I hate Black Friday. It brings out the worst in people. In fact I hate Christmas shoppers (most of them) because they act like children. But that's just me. It's good for business, but bad on my outlook on society...

I used to like Christmas:wacko: but that was before I got into retail. I've been doing this for 6 yrs (7 if you count my year at Kohls) and every year I say I'm not doing it the next.

Yep better door busters and make them Target specific so they won't price match at competing stores. For instance form a partnership with Dyson and do a Target exclusive, Makeup kits from Pixi at a huge discount aimed at the 18-25 demographic. All stores have a big TV, video rocker, digital camera etc so make ours a bundle for a great price. Digital camera with free camera bag and card, TV with surge protector.

for all the *****ing stores got, it seems most did a fine job. We had a great turn out. by 3am (the time I got off) we were like a typical saturday afternoon. but again, we are open 364 days a year (closed on christmas)

We had issues with people opening the wrapped pallets of items that went on sale at certin times like 10:00 or midnight and those items wont even ring up till thew time they go on sale so I just let people open and take them. they buy $600 worth of **** and find out they cant buy those 10 items they took from the midnight pallet at 8pm oh well. forget them, or go to the end of the mile long line and wait till midnight.

I say if a store is open on thanksgiving then so be it. no one is forcing you to cut your dinner early or have it GASP! early in the afternoon. (is there some law saying you must ear dinner at 7pm?) Hell no one is forcing you to shop at all. i also highly doubt you really give a **** about the employees when you say "let your employees have the time off" as you are the ones who ***** at them. I personnaly have no one I considerd family so anytime i can work would be great. to the employees who *****, be THANKFUL you have a job. :yes3:

I do wonder why socicity says you must only see your family on thanksgiving then again a month later on christmas.... ever heard of a thing called summer? Time off? Vacation? amazing little words I tell ya....

Last edited:
I do wonder why socicity says you must only see your family on thanksgiving then again a month later on christmas.... ever heard of a thing called summer? Time off? Vacation? amazing little words I tell ya....

Surely you jest: for me, it's called I live 200 miles away from my parents. It's also called graduate school. So summer? I've heard of it, but who cares? I am working 5 out of 7 days, barely have 2 days off in a row ever, and if I do, my parents are probably working the entire time themselves. We all work service industry...Dad gets specific days off, and are GENERALLY weekends, which I'm sure not getting.

Time off? Again, graduate school. From September to May, the only days I get off from work, school, internship will be Christmas and Thanksgiving. So I will make a 400 mile trip in one day if I have to...but if I have to work at midnight after Thanksgiving, no, I won't be able to. Even then, Dad's employer wil make him work part of the day, so my parents won't be able to come visit me.

Vacations? Wish I could afford the time off!

I don't get to see my family much due to the distance and our (mostly my) schedules. So don't you go judging those you don't know....especially when you've already proclaimed to have no family.

I hate Black Friday. It brings out the worst in people. In fact I hate Christmas shoppers (most of them) because they act like children. But that's just me. It's good for business, but bad on my outlook on society...

I didn't work at Target on Black Friday last year, but I heard a few horror stories.
One of the ETLs was trampled, and injured when he went to unlock the doors.
Had to call the police twice. Once for a woman who pepper sprayed some college student over a Tickle-me-elmo or something like that.
Then again for another guy who got pretty violent that we had sold out of something. =/

Surely you jest: for me, it's called I live 200 miles away from my parents. It's also called graduate school. So summer? I've heard of it, but who cares? I am working 5 out of 7 days, barely have 2 days off in a row ever, and if I do, my parents are probably working the entire time themselves. We all work service industry...Dad gets specific days off, and are GENERALLY weekends, which I'm sure not getting.

Time off? Again, graduate school. From September to May, the only days I get off from work, school, internship will be Christmas and Thanksgiving. So I will make a 400 mile trip in one day if I have to...but if I have to work at midnight after Thanksgiving, no, I won't be able to. Even then, Dad's employer wil make him work part of the day, so my parents won't be able to come visit me.

Vacations? Wish I could afford the time off!

I don't get to see my family much due to the distance and our (mostly my) schedules. So don't you go judging those you don't know....especially when you've already proclaimed to have no family.

This is a thing called planning is all about. Unless you are scared you'll be judge by society "oh noes! he/she got to see their family and its the middle of july! quick call the police!

What?! We do plan! And we do get to see each other on a limited basis. But like I said, I will have two whole days off coming up from September to May, and that is rough when I'm close to my family and live so far away. So if people like to see each other on holidays, there just might be a reason for that. Don't you dare judge a situation you know nothing about.

This is a thing called planning is all about. Unless you are scared you'll be judge by society "oh noes! he/she got to see their family and its the middle of july! quick call the police!

Do TMs not usually get requested time off during the summer? I got a week and a half off last month. Though, they do appreciate it if you request time off a month or so in advance. As early as possible, actually.

Do TMs not usually get requested time off during the summer? I got a week and a half off last month. Though, they do appreciate it if you request time off a month or so in advance. As early as possible, actually.

I'm sure they do, but a) I was incredibly new and b) I very much need the money....so taking extra time off at the expense of being able to pay my bills wasn't a great option. Again, all I ask is if you don't know people's situations, that you don't assume the worst of them.

i hope not, we opened at midnight last year and the entire store was dead by 2am, not a single person till after 7am :/

i think i might be the only one waiting for it! i LOVE black friday and i love christmas time! it's waaaayy better than BTS. C'mon November!!

I hope so. It was the easiest shift ever. Had a rush for 2 hours, then it slowed down by 4 then picked up at 8 right when I left.
I'm a cart attendant so it may be a little different for me but I was just helping with carry outs for about 4 hours since there was no point in pushing in carts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back