Archived Black Friday secrecy ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
My old GSTL just emailed me saying that her store's HR was just contacted by Corporate. The purpose of the call was to inform them not to post the Black Friday schedule. And no reason was given.

Dang it! I am off today. Could it be related to the takedown of the tv 2 day ads on YouTube?

Last edited:
Something strange is going on. As I was leaving work today, the Black Friday schedule wasn't up, but there was a sign up in its place saying: "The schedule will not be posted today. Sorry for any inconvenience."

I just went in (wasnt working today) to write down the schedule and was told the same thing... Per corporate it couldnt be published yet. Anyone else have any more info??

I can only think that maybe Corp. is waiting on confirmation that all store shifts are covered. Or Corp. made a major goof, and there is some legal matter or workers comp law that prevents a midnight opening.

same here, they were finishing it this morning then they said they couldnt post anything. So who knows wtf target is up too now

Anyone think it has to do anything with Walmart saying they are opening at 10 pm??? Corp. telling stores not to post schedules and making all 2-day sale vids on youtube private and nothing on the website mentions any times for store openings on black Friday...... unless I missed something.

Hope it has nothing to so with Walmart deciding to open at 10pm thanksgiving night.

after targets big midnight announcement alot of retailers here all switched to a midnight open because they thought they would lose sales. i cant imagine target opening at 10pm no way smaller stores could even cover the store being open that long

Wednesdays I always check my schedule before its posted Thursday on Ehr, via Max. I told them i wont be coming in Thursday night due to prior family commitments. Not my fault all of a sudden target decides to open at 12am. Guess ill remind them even though im scheduled. I wont be there.

First it was 4 and then 12 and now probably noon. This just keeps getting better and better!! Woooooo NNNOOOOTTTT. F this crap.

I was told yesterday that some stores now have to open at 1am because of a legal issue with opening at midnight... no clue if that has anything to do with it, though.

I was told by someone in HR that it had to do with laws in our state, that we might be closing Wednesday at 9pm and opening at one on Black Friday. Target doesn't want anyone in the store during Thanksgiving.

I was told by someone in HR that it had to do with laws in our state, that we might be closing Wednesday at 9pm and opening at one on Black Friday. Target doesn't want anyone in the store during Thanksgiving.

I think someone should have researched that info - maybe a little before this - kind of last minute?

Strange... good thing my TL prints out a copy and puts it in our scheduling binder! I always look at that, didn't even notice the real schedule wasn't posted.

Strange... good thing my TL prints out a copy and puts it in our scheduling binder! I always look at that, didn't even notice the real schedule wasn't posted.

This is not going to help if that schedule gets changed - which is what I am concerned about.

I can tell you that making the BF schedule was a ***************! I worked on it from 6a until noon today then we get a call at 11:56a saying to publish it but do not post it. I'm worried about what Target has in store for us.

I was told by my TL that I'm working 9:30pm Thanksgiving night to 10am on Black Friday. Ours wasn't up either BUT I do believe it has to do with making sure EVERY hour is covered with enough people. Not happy about Target lately AT ALL!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back