Black Friday

Hey everyone ! I’m a new beauty team member and was wondering what type of things I will have to do on Black Friday?
ASANTS for this kind of thing. It's very likely you'll be somewhere in the general merchandise parts of the store helping keep things stocked or helping assist guests. Alternatively you might be asked to cashier depending on your store's staffing needs.

For the best info on this, ask your specialty sales TL/ETL

Yeah...I was less than amused with the scheduling for the last BF I worked at Target.

I was scheduled from 5 PM - 2:30 AM Thanksgiving
And then from 9 AM to 11 PM the next day.

The GSTL? His only shift was overnight between my two shifts.
Aww hell no. I usually go with the flow but I would not stand for that.

Flex you work your regular schedule since you just keep picking and packing.. It was so nice to do a normal 6a-2:30p last year..

Beauty will be stone dead as will market, Market peeps do market stuff or help in other areas of the store, cashiers are always needed as are pushers(staged merch that gets pushed as stuff sells down and out). Dedicated reshop people(that is all price change used to do over that weekend).

Direct guest down one aisle of hba and up the other the line starts at aisle a10 down then up a7 down a6 up a4 down a2 and back up a1 to the checlanes.

Direct guest down one aisle of hba and up the other the line starts at aisle a10 down then up a7 down a6 up a4 down a2 and back up a1 to the checlanes.

That gig is super fun, you get be a bouncer and traffic director. You get to be mean, though I will say about %90 of the people get it and when they see you are keeping the line moving and clear with your directions they stay pretty chill.

Crowd Control outside the store wasn't too bad, but probably among the worst potential tasks due to potential for bad weather, and people fighting to get in the store first.

I feel like black Thursdays/Fridays are slowing down because of the more online based stuff. Guest Services was much more staffed than the year before because its so needed with all the Orders. I was scheduled GSTL last time with my old TL and the new Closing Lead, just mainly moving people around and keeping on top of breaks and issues. It was much easier than the previous year. My guess is its kinda just gunna get slower and slower.

Is online pickup and drive up available on Thursday evening? We started drive up over the summer so it wasn't available. I seem to remember that online pickup was available on Wednesday and black Friday but not on Thanksgiving itself.

Is online pickup and drive up available on Thursday evening? We started drive up over the summer so it wasn't available. I seem to remember that online pickup was available on Wednesday and black Friday but not on Thanksgiving itself.
IIRC, drive up is shut but online pickup is like normal. Thats how it was at least at my store

I take the evening of Black Friday off because of a holiday parade my band plays in. Everyone knows about me being in a band (they all saw the commercial we did for a local company, lol, and I've been in the store in my uniform) and HR is really good about letting me do my thing. I usually end up guarding TVs and sound bars on the back of market on Thursday night.

Yup last year we were pretty slow everywhere except for the service desk where 4 of us were working and slammed with order pickups. Now that we have our separate OPU desk this year that’s nowhere near guest service I’m wondering how the staffing is gonna be.

Side note, do you guys accept price challenges on Black Friday? We are told every year that we are absolutely not changing the price on anything and then a guest will price challenge and I’ll say sorry my manager and their manager explicitly told me that we can’t change any prices it’s either take it or leave it and they’ll make me call them over and then the GSTL will just change it 😒 I’m like then why did you make a whole point of saying no price challenges if you’re just gonna do it with no hesitation

Beauty may be dead, other than stocking stuffers, but that doesn't mean the area is dead. One Thanksgiving weekend they had a bunch of TVs right where RTW clearance normally is. God knows what much wanted item will end up in your area.

Corporate policy on the website and on signs at my SD specifically state that:
  • Price matches and adjustments to competitors will not be allowed for prices valid from Thanksgiving Day through the entire week after Thanksgiving (11/28/2019 – 12/07/2019).
Some stores interpret that to mean we match to T.com only, others block all price match entirely, including to T.com.

Corporate policy on the website and on signs at my SD specifically state that:
  • Price matches and adjustments to competitors will not be allowed for prices valid from Thanksgiving Day through the entire week after Thanksgiving (11/28/2019 – 12/07/2019).
Some stores interpret that to mean we match to T.com only, others block all price match entirely, including to T.com.
i think my store allowed t.com last year, on a case by case basis

Back