Archived Black Thursday 2015

What time will Target stores open on Thursday?

• Regular hours

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 3:00pm

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • 6:00pm

Votes: 113 54.9%
  • 9:00pm

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • midnight

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • not opening on Thursday

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sure do wish we'd be closed!

Votes: 58 28.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm home sick so I've been refreshing that and Twitter for like hours lol. I'm glad they didn't go earlier, but I also hated 6pm so here's hoping I don't have to open, but no one in softlines volunteered, so I'm sure I will be opening.

My HR-ETL gave TMs an availability sheet 3 weeks ago to fill out for the week of Black Friday. I don't want to open on Thanksgiving, so I put down that I was available from midnight.

My etl-hr had us fill ours out, my etl apparently didn't get them, but my etl already set my schedule and I'm more than fine with it, so it's all good.

They're gonna want me when it's the busiest, so I know I'll be opening. Last year was 6 to 11, and that's just fine by me.

Whoo whooo!!!

Yea, I said I didn't wanna open and I preferred to not work twice lolol. I don't think I'll get both things, but we shall see. Last year I said the same and I got neither of those things.

I went back and read the full press release. There will also be extended hours the week leading up to Christmas and the day after.

• Thanksgiving Day, Nov 26: 6 p.m. - Friday, Nov. 27: 11 p.m. or midnight
  • Dec. 19-23: All stores open 7 a.m. to midnight
  • Dec. 24: All stores open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. or 11 p.m.
  • Dec. 25: Closed
  • Dec. 26: All stores open at 7 a.m. and close at 10 p.m., 11 p.m., or midnight
Also look at them with this yearly preemptive defense "we totally let our team members have some control over when they work. Totes not forcing anyone to work" lol. The actual quote is below.

"Target works closely with its team members to understand scheduling preferences for the holidays and compensates all hourly team members who work on a national holiday, including Thanksgiving, with pay equal to time-and-a-half their hourly rate. Also, all hourly team members who work certain shifts on Thanksgiving and Black Friday will receive additional compensation on top of holiday premium pay."

I went back and read the full press release. There will also be extended hours the week leading up to Christmas and the day after.

Also look at them with this yearly preemptive defense "we totally let our team members have some control over when they work. Totes not forcing anyone to work" lol. The actual quote is below.

"Target works closely with its team members to understand scheduling preferences for the holidays and compensates all hourly team members who work on a national holiday, including Thanksgiving, with pay equal to time-and-a-half their hourly rate. Also, all hourly team members who work certain shifts on Thanksgiving and Black Friday will receive additional compensation on top of holiday premium pay."
Woo-hoo, an extra $1 per hour! I can buy a McDonald's happy meal! Great incentive!

Wait. When is the ad supposed to come out because I see there are deals for today only in the ad that I'm looking at on bfads.net.

Damn, they're going to have the Note 5 for a penny!!

Remember when we used to close early on Christmas Eve

Now all the idiotic fucks who like to wait until the last midnight because they're irresponsible get to come and harass us!

Ugh I hate the 7am openings.

There is lots of backlash on the Target FB page about opening on Thursday AND being open late on Christmas Eve.

7am openings are nothing new those hours were released back in late September with the holiday planning guide

I don't think this guide is something TMs are shown and if your store is bad with communication, you might not know about the extension. I didn't know about last year's extended hours until the week they happened lol. And this year appears to be slightly different than last year. I don't think we opened 7am.

I do remember being open quite late on Christmas eve, though. My stepdad tried to go to Wal-Mart after he picked me up but they closed hours before us

The target facebook is comedy. There are two people judy neighbors and mike something commenting to everyone who's mad. Judy goes "but how does this affect you? I WANT to work on thanksgiving! And why didn't you boycott all year because they opened last thanksgiving"

Then mike goes "will you also boycott Wal-Mart and ALL grocery stores?"

So many of the people who want to work feel the need to speak for everyone. I don't understand it. You can be completely happy with working thanksgiving and still show sympathy to those of us who have been/will be scheduled for it against our wishes. At the very least don't pretend we don't exist when you take to facebook to defend your beloved, target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back