Archived Black Thursday 2015

What time will Target stores open on Thursday?

• Regular hours

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 3:00pm

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • 6:00pm

Votes: 113 54.9%
  • 9:00pm

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • midnight

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • not opening on Thursday

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sure do wish we'd be closed!

Votes: 58 28.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am so glad there's a Pokemon version of this

tumblr_m74djdhrOk1qggijjo3_500.png

It's not that you shouldn't guess it's more of the posting like you actually know or what your leaders say has any meaning whatsoever.

The black friday schedule is to be posted by noon next friday so we should know by the 12th i assume
Nope. IF your store does post it, Black Thursday and Friday will be subject to change.
All targets I've worked in don't post ANY of that weeks schedule til the Monday or Tuesday AFTER its due to be posted.

Found the ETL schedule for Thurs/Fri.

5pm is a majority of times they come in at

STLs have to submit a monthly LOD/ETL schedule to their DTL so they just guess a time and make a schedule (that is definitely subject to change).

Just saying that's probably what you're seeing. It's not likely the STL knows the opening hours for BF.

We got a Redwire that mentioned SFS orders will continue to drop normally on Thanksgiving and that TMs should be scheduled to come in 2-6 hours before the store opens in order to pick them all while the store is empty.

It also said they would need to be packed by the regular cutoff time of 4:30pm CST, but the wording on that part was kind of vague and could have meant 4:30pm Friday.
I already was asked about coming in about 3 hours earlier then the time they think we might be opening, for SFS. My ETL-Operations is guessing 6pm on Thanksgiving... I was talking to a BRTM today about the cutoff time too. It's gonna be a long day.

Alrighty. Got a question for you masters of Spot. I was told that all TMs are required to come in on Thanksgiving at a certain time to set up for Black Friday. And then of course come in for Black Friday. Working BF is fine with me, and I'm not opposed to working Thanksgiving much either. Just wanted to know if this piece of info was correct.

Except complain about a lack of REDCard sign-ups.

Fast, Fun, Friendly!

EDIT - On the topic of Black Friday and 4th Quarter in general, is it just me or is there a surprising lack of seasonal TM's this year? We've only had one so far.
Last year, there were a handful. This year, I'm seeing full orientation rooms. There was just a group of 12 the other day. Yet I barely see any on the floor lol.

I expect something to come out Monday with part two of the planning guide.

Don't know when it will be public though.

Alrighty. Got a question for you masters of Spot. I was told that all TMs are required to come in on Thanksgiving at a certain time to set up for Black Friday. And then of course come in for Black Friday. Working BF is fine with me, and I'm not opposed to working Thanksgiving much either. Just wanted to know if this piece of info was correct.
My store does the set up (ad and staged merchandise) late Wednesday as the store is closing into the morning.

I've heard of some stores doing it in the morning instead.

They don't need ALL of the TMs to do the setup. Just a handful of them can get it done.

However, pretty much everyone will be required to work on Thanksgiving at some point. There might be some people who have a shift that starts in the middle of the night, after the openers start to leave.

But Black Friday and Thanksgiving are essentially the same thing.

I think they probably do their little conference call with the stls at the same time the press release is put up/sent out. As far as controlling your pr, that seems to be the best way to not let it out before you want it to be out.

I haven't heard any rumors in my store for about when the store is opening but they just posted a sign up sheet for people to come in Wednesday night after close to set up.

I'm saying that's the set schedule in the system. Do you usually work 8-4:30 on Thursdays? Key people have "set schedules" in the computer so they have less edits to complete. Obviously they haven't done anything with that weeks schedule yet, so the "set shifts" are all that show up.

I'm saying that's the set schedule in the system. Do you usually work 8-4:30 on Thursdays? Key people have "set schedules" in the computer so they have less edits to complete. Obviously they haven't done anything with that weeks schedule yet, so the "set shifts" are all that show up.
Yeah I know. I should have used the sarcasm font lol
My store sucks at set schedules so I rarely see that in my time or my time self service!

I've never had anything close to set schedule, other than that I typically get alternating weekends.

This coming Thursday I am scheduled 4:00-10:30 as GSA, the Thursday after I am 8:00-4:30 Flexible Fulfillment. So it is same hours as the Thursday before thanksgiving, but not same workcenter.

I'm sure it's not final, I refuse to believe I work 23 hours that week, but I just was very surprised by the 8:00-4:30 Thursday shift that shows up.

If you have ever worked 8-430 on a Thursday, it may have accidentally been entered as a set schedule. My "set" schedule is just the first time the schedule ever came out with myTime because the HRTM entered it in the wrong spot. She put it as a set schedule instead of just the schedule for that particular week, so it populates as that schedule every single week.

Meh. I just looked at what my schedule populated that week. The only day it has me working so farmis Sunday, which is ironically the day I asked for off. So it doesn't mean anything.

Man, I'm nervous/anxious to see what this week will hold... Hopefully the schedule is posted on Thursday

Set schedules are for tls, brand leads, or special circumstances such as needing you to work cash office the same two days each week or open Starbucks a particular day each week but it's not normally your workcenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back