Archived Black Thursday 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So speaking of Black Thursday, are the SCO's used during the mad rush? I'm asking because store recently remodeled and have SCO's so just curious if guests are able to use it like normal or only for 10 items or less?

we have four self checkouts and had four team members scheduled, so they were essentially just additional checklanes

Self checkouts are use but everyone has to wait in the line that is ropped off. It weaves up and down the HBA aisles usually down to A9., the gsa will direct them to a lane or self checkout when the get to the front of the line.

For the last two years on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, we had a cashier assigned to each self check out (in our case 4) and it was set to logged on mode (not self check out mode). The line was for 10 items or less.
I actually do like this idea. Did you have a separate "10 or less" line, or were they pulled from the main line based on their cart size? I could see some of these guests being loudly upset that someone else behind them got out faster because they had less stuff.

So speaking of Black Thursday, are the SCO's used during the mad rush? I'm asking because store recently remodeled and have SCO's so just curious if guests are able to use it like normal or only for 10 items or less?
Last year we had a TM for every two SCOs, which meant 6 people were responsible for our 12 SCOs. It was messy, but it wasn’t too bad. There wasn’t 6 for the entirety of Thursday as people were pulled for break coverage, but for the initial rush there was. Then, on black friday we had 1-2 Tms in our area with 4 SCOs and 2-3 Tms in our area with 8 SCOs. I remember I was scheduled for SCO (2:30-11) last black friday, but we had too much coverage over there, so I happily went to guest service.

Mine too. When the store is closed for a few hours, it's okay as long as we have enough empty vehicles. Doing the truck while the store is crowded with Black Friday (Gray Thursday?) guests plus not having enough vehicles because there's so much push - that was definitely not a fun truck to work.

No it wasn't. Still better than what I did last year which was babysit TV's.. That was so fucking boring..

I can see overnight make a come back due to toys rus closing and targets ambitions for toys this holiday season. Or atleast maybe targets located next to a toysrus

I had to throw myself onto my cart because guests were trying to rip games and stuff out of it that I already picked last year.. people are crazy
Screw that, give me some cardboard so I can block seeing into the cart on the sides and big rugs to put over the top so it just looks like I have a rug on the OPU cart. No stealing my stuff.... I had someone steal something from me when I was doing SFS too... That was annoying

So the store will be opening at 6pm and closing when, midnight? When does flow come in then?

My first year at Target we were open all night and flow started at 12:30 am. It was super chill and guest interaction was one at a time. We got clean and had extra time to zone.

Then last year we switched to 6pm and and they had flow scheduled at open but just to stand around in the middle of the crowds saying "I don't know" or "sold out sorry" 500,000 times whenever a guest asked where so and so doorbuster was at. Some poor motherfucker had to stand in one spot for six hours holding a balloon to direct guests to the end of the line. Then after close we gathered up several hundred tons of reshop, pushed 0.1% of it for an hour and then went home. It was stupid as fuck and I'm still mad about it over 300 days later. If we get a repeat of that this year I'll literally die.
Last year we unloaded a truck thanksgiving morning at 6am then the flow team came back in shifts. One shift at 10pm to unload/stick and another team at 3am to stock/clean up.

I think OPU is still on for Thanksgiving if I'm remembering the Fulfillment Holiday Guide correctly

will double check tomorrow

I did an OPU for my Black Friday items on thanksgiving last year. Would be sad if I wasn’t able to do them again. Makes it so much nicer to just pick it up instead of dealing with the crowds. However thank fuck we aren’t doing drive up we can barely handle the amount of orders we get on a weekend

I can’t wait to just walk around and guest service for 5 hours thanksgiving and 8 hours Black Friday. I really don’t need to be there either day.

Hopefully I'll be able to come in all day on Thanksgiving again this year to help with SFS. I live super far away from any family so I'm totally fine with working the day to give someone with plans a chance to have off during the day. And the pay check for 12hrs+ on Thanksgiving is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm already training the carts. Our dance will be spectacular!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back