Archived Black Thursday 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
Looks like it will be a 6pm opening.....but no one seems to know if we'll be closed for the 6 hour overnight re-stock.
Of course, the overnight restock may be pretty impossible with the way the truck unload is going. Man, I don't even want to see what the sales floor will look like.

The next 6 weeks is gonna be crazy in market turkeys arrive this week and pallets of can veggies arrive next week Along with a pallet of frenches crunchy green opinions crap.
Oh and don’t forget a pallet of gravy.

Anyone who works in market knows Black Friday is nothing compared to the next 4 or 6 weeks of pure hell for that turkey day.

Last edited:
Its not Black Friday.

I have to attend an IT conference in Las Vegas the week before Thanksgiving. 2 days in Vegas without adventuring out. At least I will be making a layover to see some extended family.

Looks like it will be a 6pm opening.....but no one seems to know if we'll be closed for the 6 hour overnight re-stock.
Of course, the overnight restock may be pretty impossible with the way the truck unload is going. Man, I don't even want to see what the sales floor will look like.
You don’t get a truck on thanksgiving day . And target has been opening at 6 for the past few years: My shift starts at 2 pm and so does my backroom team . For the sole purpose of doing opu amd sfs

Agree. We‘re hiring 100 for SFS just at my store
My store is trying to hire 100 people for SFS. However, considering a lot of the applicants, during the hiring event this past weekend, came in smelling like they smoked a few joints in their car before coming into the store, I don't think we are going to come anywhere near what is needed. Also, the new Amazon warehouse/DC near us held their hiring event this weekend, too. Most people seemed to be going for the $15 an hour job. Go figure.

My store is trying to hire 100 people for SFS. However, considering a lot of the applicants, during the hiring event this past weekend, came in smelling like they smoked a few joints in their car before coming into the store, I don't think we are going to come anywhere near what is needed. Also, the new Amazon warehouse/DC near us held their hiring event this weekend, too. Most people seemed to be going for the $15 an hour job. Go figure.
My warehouse is few miles away from the store

How fucking big is your store

Fucking BIG.
drinkbeer.gif

Maybe the cota for the store hiring is 100 not sfs. Our cota is 150 for the Seasonal. We do have a overnight process and off-site tho .
We’re hiring 100 for just SFS! Hiring a little over 200 altogether for seasonal. My store is ESFS and moving to a 24-hour SFS process. To answer the above question, btw, we’re B volume

We’re hiring 100 for just SFS! Hiring a little over 200 altogether for seasonal. My store is ESFS and moving to a 24-hour SFS process. To answer the above question, btw, we’re B volume
Good luck on getting those numbers. I doubt you will even get 50 people to apply at your store people just don’t want to work these days.

Good luck on getting those numbers. I doubt you will even get 50 people to apply at your store people just don’t want to work these days.
Not only that, but all of the TMs/Leaders who were forced out, fired or quit, plus all of the current workers who are being coached and micromanaged to death tell their friends and family what a hellhole Spot is to work for, further shrinking the potential seasonal TM pool.😏

The next 6 weeks is gonna be crazy in market turkeys arrive this week and pallets of can veggies arrive next week Along with a pallet of frenches crunchy green opinions crap.
Oh and don’t forget a pallet of gravy.

Anyone who works in market knows Black Friday is nothing compared to the next 4 or 6 weeks of pure hell for that turkey day.
And YAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back