Archived Blisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
Does anyone have any advice for either helping blisters or keeping my feet from getting them in the first place at work?
It hasn’t been this bad before... I’ve had 30k steps everyday this week. I have memory foam shoes with a Dr. Scholls insert as well. I’ve also been wearing two pair since of socks..
How does everybody else deal? It literally hurts to even walk and I have to work tomorrow morning again..

Latest advice is to put moleskin on the area around the blister to take the pressure off. Old school advice was to wash the area with antiseptic soap and put a band-aid or sterile dressing over it depending on the size of the blister. Definitely do not break the blister, that can open you up to an infection. If you feel a sore spot starting, put moleskin or a band-aid over it immediately to protect the area and stop a blister from forming. Advice compliments of the Boy Scouts. Good luck!🍀

Latest advice is to put moleskin on the area around the blister to take the pressure off. Old school advice was to wash the area with antiseptic soap and put a band-aid or sterile dressing over it depending on the size of the blister. Definitely do not break the blister, that can open you up to an infection. If you feel a sore spot starting, put moleskin or a band-aid over it immediately to protect the area and stop a blister from forming. Advice compliments of the Boy Scouts. Good luck!🍀
Great advice, thanks!

The blister bandaid WORK. Best $3ish you will ever spend.

Generally... rotate shoes daily to keep from over running the same spots.

The blister bandaid WORK. Best $3ish you will ever spend.

Generally... rotate shoes daily to keep from over running the same spots.
Do you mean the Band-Aid Heel Blister one’s? I’m just curious how those would work since mine are on the bottom of my feet.

Also, when you say rotate shoes, do you mean like keeping two pairs of work shoes and switching between them each day?

Blisters, lol. Duct tape and if needed - two pair of socks.

I put in 25-35,000 steps each day and don't have any blister issues. Rotating properly fitting shoes each day makes a huge difference. Two pairs of socks might be doing you more harm than good if it makes your shoes too tight and rub on more places. I also highly recommend good quality moisture wicking socks. Personally I've been wearing tall compression socks each day for a bit over a year and they've made a huge difference in not only how my feet feel but also my knees and hips after really long Q4 shifts especially.

Cut the feet off nylons and wear them under your sock. Sometimes doubling up on socks can make the issues worse if your shoes don’t fit properly.

Tips from a Beauty TM that helped me a lot: Buy shoes one size above normal. Make sure you have house slippers with memory foam. Use Dr. Scholl's work or sport gel inserts in all of your shoes including house slippers. Soak feet in epsom salts once or twice a week. Use moleskin if anything starts to flair up.

TTOTBeautyTM: Thank you! I know I've thanked you many times in person. But, my feet love you so much that I'll do it anonymously on the Interent too.

The nexcare padded tape (the fleshy/apricot hue kind) can help for cushioning sore spots that haven’t gone full blister yet. Alternately you can put it over the blister bandaids to keep them from melding to your socks from pressure during the day.

If you put cookie dough in your shoes it’ll prevent some problems 😳

Reactions: Dog
1. Get off cotton socks. Switch to polyester or wool socks.
2. Have your feet and arch checked? Get the appropriate insoles. The harder the insole the better support.

Good socks make a huge difference. Also rotating different pairs of shoes so the same areas don’t suffer daily.

I would hop on the ‘get better shoes’ wagon but I know a lot of TMs can’t neceddarilt afford a pair of high end shoes to wear to work.

Also, when you say rotate shoes, do you mean like keeping two pairs of work shoes and switching between them each day?
This. I try to never wear the same pair 2 days in a row. And my socks aren't loose. Too tight isn't great either, but too loose and your socks rub on your skin in not-good ways. They're mostly athletic type socks with wicking fiber.
I have maybe 4 pairs of tennis shoes in various conditions, but all still decent enough. (Can almost always find something on the clearance racks at DSW. I care less what they look like than comfort and fit.)
Your comment about wearing 2 pairs of socks makes me think that your shoes aren't properly fitted to you. I have a pair of shoes that I wear thicker socks with, but never 2 pairs. When you go shoe shopping, wear the socks you'll likely wear with the shoes. And shop at the end of the day when your feet are "larger" because they're just a little swollen from being on them all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back