Archived Bounce back

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finished up the Bounce back for my backroom today. Some observations:

1) Why does the label paper (that cost $1 a page) never align with the barcodes towards the bottom of the sheet?
2) I've been ordering the shorter WACOs for the cooler/freezers for two months with no luck. None of the nearby stores have them either to trade. I'm thinking of making my own out of trashed cardboard boxes...
3) Did the area with the most work needed have to be the friggin' freezer?
4) Ever have one of the 4 foot aisle shelves fall on you? Even worse, ever spent 15 minutes trying to get that bastard back in the grooves only to realize the entire shelf system is torqued?
5) Why can't the rolling ladders go straight instead of bumper car into the second shelf labels I just replaced?
6) Why am I the only BR person who understands what grouping is and how to do it correctly?
7) Anyone else discover that 80% of your backroom is profiled wrong? how about half of your aisles randomly start the "A" section on the wrong side?
8) Anyone find any old product hidden or lost? I found a version of Parallels version 3 under a bottom shelf. Also found a collector's edition nascar die cast toy from the late 90's.
9) Any injuries? While sweeping out trash from empty WACOs, I cut my hand on an old rust blade. Another TM did the same on some broken glass in HOME/PLUG.
10) Notice that the zone and drops only last 24 hours before case packs are back on the top shelf in the rear of the aisle.
11) Electronics scan. Should have waited until AFTER that to do the Electronics Stockroom.
12) My worst non-freezer aisle was HBO. Any other bad ones?

Glad it's over. can't wait for inventory which comes right in the middle of BTS every year to do this all again.

2) I've been ordering the shorter WACOs for the cooler/freezers for two months with no luck. None of the nearby stores have them either to trade. I'm thinking of making my own out of trashed cardboard boxes...
4) Ever have one of the 4 foot aisle shelves fall on you? Even worse, ever spent 15 minutes trying to get that bastard back in the grooves only to realize the entire shelf system is torqued?

2) WACOs shouldn't take you that long to come in. File a mySupport form for tracking your TIPP order and they can follow up with the vendor on what's taking so long and give you an updated delivery date.

4) Are you saying the entire upright is bent? They make a special lift designed to lift the shelves in place and allow for an upright swap when needed. We have one such unit to share in our district, might want to talk with your SFT on if they have one available or not.

- I asked my ETL to bird dog the MySupport last week. I need to follow up...
- I asked my SFT to help with the fallen shelves in our stockroom and she put a few nails in to the wooden upright part and said,"You're welcome." That is a great idea if we have one so I will call our old SFT who moved to another store to check into it. Thanks!

We don't have sft, right now. Get what you need to solve the problem. Which you have. Keep copies, just in case.

A quick note on WACOS the cardboard ones are on backorder, not sure how long. The cooler/freezer ones seem to always take forever to come in, this time year especially with everyone doing bounce back.

Still working on my bounce back, they keep pushing the visit out which is good because we were not ready.

That label paper sucks, I just use the rolls unless I am going to only use half a sheet.
Bounce back in the freezer sucks, I have my FDC team doing a section a day to alleviate a lot of the work. I went to double check on them a few days ago only to find they were not backstocking it any better then it was when they pulled it.

Being honest, I might have 2 aisles out of 80 that are actually correctly profiled.

Worst aisles I had to deal with GRC 1, 3.

A quick note on WACOS the cardboard ones are on backorder, not sure how long. The cooler/freezer ones seem to always take forever to come in, this time year especially with everyone doing bounce back.

Still working on my bounce back, they keep pushing the visit out which is good because we were not ready.

That label paper sucks, I just use the rolls unless I am going to only use half a sheet.
Bounce back in the freezer sucks, I have my FDC team doing a section a day to alleviate a lot of the work. I went to double check on them a few days ago only to find they were not backstocking it any better then it was when they pulled it.

Being honest, I might have 2 aisles out of 80 that are actually correctly profiled.

Worst aisles I had to deal with GRC 1, 3.
Just use label paper in small plastic holders or get special freezer tape for freezers.

Sales floor bounce back suckkkksss.
Especially when you have no team to do it and when you can gather the team after huddle and leaders are complaining about it...I'm sorry I'm one person and I can't clean 200 aisles myself!
We have about half of the aisles done (excluding market).

Label paper at our store always prints nicely, although it used to print with screwed up ends until we got our printer replaced.

And WHAT? It costs $1 a sheet?!? What other ridiculous costs does Target pay for fixtures/signing/specialty paper?

The front end is dusted. I cannot figure out for the life of me why this matters. But it is done. Oy.

I dusted prior to black friday... yet my far-end lanes were dusty again the next day.

Yeah, the dust collects quick and can get quite thick in places, lol.

We had our bounceback visit last Friday, and I thought I was gonna die. It was my FIRST DAY back from vacation and I was the only person in pFresh...I was a mid but our opener left early and he's useless anyway. I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off...thank goodness our other PA got things set up nicely so there wasn't a massive amount of stuff to do, but still, it was very overwhelming. But apparently the visit went well and the partner who walked pFresh complimented me by name to my ETL (why, I'm not quite sure; she apparently thought I was very knowledgeable but I felt like I rambled like an idiot, lol), so I suppose one can't complain too much. But dang, I sure am glad it's over.

Oh, and did I mention that it's my first bounce back whilst being on the sales floor? Before this year there was never any reason for me to worry about bounce back; I never even knew what Reindeer Run really was until this past quarter, lol. Ah, the joys of being a front end TM who doesn't really need to care, lol.

My only thought on the short Wacos is that they have been discontinued as the only approved wacos for food areas are the plastic ones.

The front end is dusted. I cannot figure out for the life of me why this matters. But it is done. Oy.

Agree. Dusting the electronics section was the most bull****ty task I've done in a while.
Yay wads of gum by the beats display.

My only thought on the short Wacos is that they have been discontinued as the only approved wacos for food areas are the plastic ones.

thought the same thing. we replaced all of ours with plastic during bounceback this year.

Yeah, the dust collects quick and can get quite thick in places, lol.

We had our bounceback visit last Friday, and I thought I was gonna die. It was my FIRST DAY back from vacation and I was the only person in pFresh...I was a mid but our opener left early and he's useless anyway. I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off...thank goodness our other PA got things set up nicely so there wasn't a massive amount of stuff to do, but still, it was very overwhelming. But apparently the visit went well and the partner who walked pFresh complimented me by name to my ETL (why, I'm not quite sure; she apparently thought I was very knowledgeable but I felt like I rambled like an idiot, lol), so I suppose one can't complain too much. But dang, I sure am glad it's over.

Oh, and did I mention that it's my first bounce back whilst being on the sales floor? Before this year there was never any reason for me to worry about bounce back; I never even knew what Reindeer Run really was until this past quarter, lol. Ah, the joys of being a front end TM who doesn't really need to care, lol.

We actually had a surprise visit 2 fridays ago and our bounceback visit last friday. I was supposed to be doing C+S and my TL was coming in to do market but I just stayed in Market and fixed up everything since my TL is new in role. One side of the bunker was a mess and Bakery was half empty. The one side of the bunker wasnt set like I told them to do the last 2 days before the visit. Turns out leadership including my TL just decided to not set it and leave the turkeys there to try to sell though any extra. I was not informed of this so after going through everything but pulling and pushing the new product out I was informed by my former TL or ETL that we werent setting it even though my TL saw me doing it before I even took the new product out. I would say it was a waste of time if not for the turkeys being in there not being labeled correctly, only 1-2 of the pound ranges were tpced and they had meat coupons on them, /facepalm. So I had to TPC all of them, relabel all of them, and take the stupid meat coupons off.

Then the bakery table. Seems like there is always outs on there that we have in the back so I filled that up as much as possible to make it look amazing.

Glad I got everything figured out and they said everything looked really good. Only a few minor things here and there like when we have couponed meat to have fresher meat with it as well. And then putting up the shelf we took down in our bread aisle even though it looks worse now and it is going to look much lighter than before all the time. And then locating the bananas, oh the bananas. The last couple visits they kept drilling it into us and acting like its such a big deal to locate the bananas in the backroom, um why, we always have a box or two ready to be pushed out with our produce so why does it matter, it is always full. Not every box of bananas even has the same ammount in it even though you can just locate it as PIPO. We dont locate our ice or eggs, should we locate that too.

Last edited:
We locate our bananas but we only subt them of we're pulling off the last box. Our eggs are located too but those don't move as fast as other stores so we just take them out in cafs unless its empty out.

We locate our bananas but we only subt them of we're pulling off the last box. Our eggs are located too but those don't move as fast as other stores so we just take them out in cafs unless its empty out.

So really theres no point in stoing them in the first place? I know they will show up in the hourly pulls because I did PRO1 or PRO2 once and it showed up in there.

With the cleaning crew buffing the floor everyday now, the front lanes gets dusted and wiped down everyday too. I am allergic to dust so you can imagine I hate dusting, but it has to be done. Not sure when our bounce back is, kinda hoping it was today because I'm off.

Bounce back visit is this friday ! I am tired !!!!
Try dusting in cosmetic !!!! I swear ,the pixie line hates me !!each time I put one item in there ,4 others are springing back into my face !!!

We locate our bananas....

Not to get off subject.....but why? The OH's are always wrong and bananas do not show up as shortage for that reason. Locating bananas is dumb. My pfresh area runs like clockwork and we have never ever ever gotten back toget......errrrrr.....located bananas.

Cleaning the fixture room, what fun.
Wouldn't have to be doing it at a dead run if they hadn't cut hours right after the holidays.
We could have gotten it cleaned up like we did last year and had plenty of time to make sure things were neat and clean and organized but no ...

The other day, I had to dust headers and scrub basedecks for all the endcaps in A block. I managed not to sneeze up a storm (I'm allergic to dust), but those basedecks were disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back