Archived Brand Stockroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Hey everyone. I'm seeking some advice as to help maintain the brand for one of the stockrooms I work at my store. In this stockroom, we keep babies, ifur and everything softllines. Shoes is the only thing we don't keep in this stockroom. So right before I begin my shifts, there are multiple carts lined up one after another throughout each aisle throughout the entire stockroom. I spend about an hour making room for me to get to the Autofills. When I was at stores in the past, carts with ANYTHING in it was not even ALLOWED in a stockroom. Anyone who "dumped" a cart (no matter their title, would get screamed on by anyone who was working Backroom that shift. This is the ONLY store best practice in regards to the brand only applies to "some" Backroom stockrooms. I was going to suggest to my leaders we place Everything that is carts into repacks and stack them onto pallets. At least that way, all shifts don't have to spend so much time moving carts every which way. Another suggestion as to come clean in that stockroom is a shift or 2, have the entire Backroom in that stockroom for roughly about 45 mts to an hour. Some TM's separating by fillgroup, some actually backstocking and some maintaining the brand or even zoning. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

You're not addressing the real problem. Where are these carts coming from? What's in them? As soon as this merchandise comes to the backroom, it needs to be addressed. It seems like your store is rolling over workload to the next shift. Stores that do this are never successful.

As for having some people backstocking and some people zoning, I don't think that's the best use of time and resources. It's far more efficient to maintain the zone as you backstock and pull than it is to have another person/team to go back in and zone.

From what I have gathered thus far, I was told these carts have come from the previous shifts. Everything from there pulls to there reshop. The reshop at this place is so massive that the holding area for it is overflowing. Everyone from all shifts work the reshop, but it still doesn't seem to disappear and it seems to have "leaked" to this stockroom.

Shopping carts are for guests or work that is being taken care of immediately and shouldn't be allowed in the backroom.

So ignoring the main issue of getting that shit reworked and then backstocked, the easiest way to make room is to put it into repacks and stack them. Stack them on pallets if there's room or just on the floor at the ends of the aisles.

We had to implement a policy of all softlines backstock must be in repacks because it was taking up so much room at times.

I agree with you both 100%. That's why when I first came to this store and saw this, I had ssoooo many questions. Leaders throughout this store just Allow this.

All these items should be taken care of not just "pushed" aside. This has to be a team effort though. I can't just come in during my shift, clean up and after I leave, it's a shitshow again!

I have a similar problem with our truck line. I overhear ETLs/TLs all the time saying "I'm just going to stage it on the line..." and I immediately cut them off and ask "...for how long?" Because the line has to be cleared EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. because we take a truck EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. Finish your project during your shift, or find somewhere else to move your pallet/vehicles which have not been worked out yet. If I have to move it, it will be moved somewhere very inconvenient for you.

All these items should be taken care of not just "pushed" aside. This has to be a team effort though. I can't just come in during my shift, clean up and after I leave, it's a shitshow again!
Yeah pushing it aside is just a temporary solution so you can pull the autofills without it getting in the way.

The real solution is to find the responsible parties and make them stop. Ideally it would all get pushed out again if it's been sitting for more than a few days, but I think we all know that won't happen.

In the past at my store we've done different things to get softlines backstock cleaned up:
- team of 2 goes overnight. One person sorts while another backstocks. They cleaned up 2 pallets full of repacks in 8 hours.
- team of 3 tackles it after a very small truck. They spend a few hours sorting and backstocking and got a decent amount cleaned up.
- throw a bunch of flow TMs with PDAs at it and hope for the best. It will be messy but it will get done.
All of those will obviously cause huge autofills the next day, which will take forever due to the stuffed locations.

Thanks Breakroom... As usual, you all rock!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back