Archived Breakroom Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I'm a Sr. TL HR and I'm newer within the company, so I don't know a lot about how other stores breakrooms look. Our breakroom is so bland and boring and I really want to spice it up and make it more fun. I've found a few ideas on twitter, but I was wondering if you guys could post photos of some of the things you like in your break rooms. So any decor on the walls, how tables/chairs are set up, your counter space, etc.

Thanks guys!! :)

My store likes to provide peanut butter and jelly sandwiches daily. Coffee too. Like BoxCutter said, any decoration has to be brand and Target related. Group and district directors will rip the stores up if there is anything not brand.

A supply of CLEAN utencils and paper plates, coffee, lysol/cleaning wipes, and enough trashcans so theres not garbage all over. I hate my breakroom, my team always leaves it dirty.

Last edited:
Same with my store. Even though I'm not the HRTM, I will come in and start throwing stuff away that sits on the tables and clean out the fridges once a week and throw out anything not labeled within reason. It would drive the team crazy even though the signs are clearly posted about it. Some just think its not their responsibility to clean up after themselves. I'd hate to think what their house or apartment looks like.

While our poor hrtms have to maintain the breakroom the majority of the time, I'll swing thru & do a quick sweep.
I can clear tables, tamp down trashcans, toss opened containers & push chairs up in less than 3 leaving it hella better.

Everything has to be brand. Keep it clean, have a pot of fresh coffee available for the team along with cups, creamer etc. Order plastic utensils of SAP and keep a bin stocked at all times. Have napkins available. You will be given a monthly 549 Budget, use it for food events and when you have left over money buy stuff like peanut butter & Jelly, drinks, snacks, bread etc. Our Team loves to eat lol.

While our poor hrtms have to maintain the breakroom the majority of the time, I'll swing thru & do a quick sweep.
I can clear tables, tamp down trashcans, toss opened containers & push chairs up in less than 3 leaving it hella better.

Please come to my store lol. As a HRTM I would love to have a TM who would do that. I clean the breakroom at least once a day but when I have a day off and return to work it is disgusting.

image.JPG

3818332361_316cbe9302.jpg

grandma-meal-table-full.jpg

Please come to my store lol. As a HRTM I would love to have a TM who would do that. I clean the breakroom at least once a day but when I have a day off and return to work it is disgusting.

It's flow's fault.

I've never seen any of my HR's clean anything in the breakroom. The cleaning crew cleans it in the morning, then it's up to individuals to pick up after themselves.

As far as what to put in the breakroom. I'm sure I can echo for majority of tms that we don't care what pictures or posters are on the walls. If you're store can, a TV is really nice.

Paper plates are great, utensils, napkins, condiments. Food is always great

I'd like to see things be in good repair too. Functioning lockers and tables that don't wobble would be nice.

We have a pb&j and a coffee station. I've never seen anybody use it but it is cute lol

This is what the people want, this is what the people need.

medium-rare-steak.jpg

I had a steak so good once it made me cry.

I will tell you, we had an ETL-hr who catered us hot breakfast food everyday for 1 week during 4th quarter last year(flow and backroom)...just 1 week...morale has never been higher.

Everything has to be brand. Keep it clean, have a pot of fresh coffee available for the team along with cups, creamer etc. Order plastic utensils of SAP and keep a bin stocked at all times. Have napkins available. You will be given a monthly 549 Budget, use it for food events and when you have left over money buy stuff like peanut butter & Jelly, drinks, snacks, bread etc. Our Team loves to eat lol.

Decorations are pointless. The key to a good breakroom is for it to be clean and well stocked with the basics. That's all the team wants.

If you can convince your stl to get cable that's a bonus too. I trained at a store where the stl refused to get cable. Their tv was 24 inches too.

I would like a break room that is clean (including microwaves), has the refrigerators cleaned out regularly, and is stocked with snacks/inexpensive food, utensils, and napkins.

Does that budget roll over if not fully used each month? My store often goes months without putting anything out, then spends thousands at once on catered meals at the end of the year.

Another vote for clean fridges, microwaves and tables. Hand soap, paper plates & napkins, plus plastic utensils.

Our break room is a mess.

My store likes to provide peanut butter and jelly sandwiches daily. Coffee too. Like BoxCutter said, any decoration has to be brand and Target related. Group and district directors will rip the stores up if there is anything not brand.

Really!? Seriously that'll be the only thing I need. However in my store you want coffee? Go buy it at Starbucks.

My father is an executive at Optimum. Talk about an awesome breakroom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back