Archived BTS 2016!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've still got 4 isles that need to be set in mini seasonal because we can't sell all of that clearance seasonal stuff. Most has been marked to 75% off and they've still not been able to sell barely anything. Has anyone else had this problem?
Mini is still selling down for us but I think our set date is next week.

I threw 10 towers at our Softlines
We've still got 4 isles that need to be set in mini seasonal because we can't sell all of that clearance seasonal stuff. Most has been marked to 75% off and they've still not been able to sell barely anything. Has anyone else had this problem?

We had this with Lawn... an OMFG amount of Clearance, we had to wait..... then set all of BTS (including the new gondolas) in 2-3 days.
the
I asked my PPTL simply.... "Why?!?" and they said it was because we were really good at merchandising and selling clearance therefore the DC will push it on us...

Not sure if that is a lie or not, but I continued asking them "But why!?!!?!? after that.

We are at 1 dpci per waco, it can be done. You have to set the expectation with the team from the beginning. I have the regular ofce aisle and 2 other seasonal aisles for bts and only 1 of those is full in openstock and barely any casestock. The team needs to be checking multiple locations so you are not getting a ton of bs. We had 25 bts repacks off the truck today and maybe about 1 repack worth came back if that. It's going to take an investment in time maintaining those aisles, doing empty location audits, following up to ensure the team is backstocking correctly, etc. but it can be done. I do or have my team do empty loc audits daily for the bts aisles just to stay on top of any potential errors.

I threw 10 towers at our Softlines

We had this with Lawn... an OMFG amount of Clearance, we had to wait..... then set all of BTS (including the new gondolas) in 2-3 days.
the
I asked my PPTL simply.... "Why?!?" and they said it was because we were really good at merchandising and selling clearance therefore the DC will push it on us...

Not sure if that is a lie or not, but I continued asking them "But why!?!!?!? after that.
Walmart would have pushed the clearance to the front of the store lol but yeah, we still havnt really sold much of anything at all.

If you're scheduled a 5.5 and eat at hour 5, then you leave after the meal??? Or do you take the meal by the 5th hour?
Usually shifts like that are closing shifts. Example: Tonight I work 5:30 PM to 11:00 PM. Because sometimes we'll stay until 11:30 or later, which is when a majority of the closing team would hit compliance, we are told to take lunches by 9:00-9:30 PM just because it would be most effective, so we usually take lunches by our fourth hour on shorter shifts like these.

We are at 1 dpci per waco, it can be done. You have to set the expectation with the team from the beginning. I have the regular ofce aisle and 2 other seasonal aisles for bts and only 1 of those is full in openstock and barely any casestock. The team needs to be checking multiple locations so you are not getting a ton of bs. We had 25 bts repacks off the truck today and maybe about 1 repack worth came back if that. It's going to take an investment in time maintaining those aisles, doing empty location audits, following up to ensure the team is backstocking correctly, etc. but it can be done. I do or have my team do empty loc audits daily for the bts aisles just to stay on top of any potential errors.
Are you TL? Where do you find the time? That's impressive for sure. I know it probably can be done.

Our store keeps it to 3 dpci per waco, and at the moment we are only using the office valley. Our seasonal valley is still full of seasonal crap and beverage has bled over into it as well. I've taken charge of backstocking all of office on the days I 'm there, so hopefully it stays neat. So far we haven't had too much stuff come back after the initial set, but I know it picks up. Hopefully I can keep up with it or find one person to trust to do it properly to help me.

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

These 12 states let you shop tax-free this weekend

These 12 states let you shop tax-free this weekend
Be ready for madness.

I'm glad my state doesn't do that anymore. We're busy enough as it is.

Instead of tax-free weekend, NY eliminated the state sales tax on clothing (price per item must be less than $110) year-round, though county and/or municipal sales tax may still apply.

So the flexing has begun! Finally no more battling with BTS backstock. Wel be only stowing case pack from here on out but no more BTS backstock is to come to our backroom it's to sit back in mini seasonal where a SFTM will be assigned all day to flex it all. It has truly been a rough month. Backroom has been short handed due to payroll being cut, large trucks, topping 1200 initial backstock coming off a truck in one day for our backroom to handle! We've probably got enough BTS freight located in the BR to fill an entire trailer plus more. Ready for Halloween! Woooooooooooo :):confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back