Archived BTS Seasonal Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullseyekindaguy

Former logistics/guest experience intern!
So... I've enjoyed my time away from Target. But in the process of relocating, purchasing stuff for my first place, and having a major car repair, I have used up some of my savings and I would like to replenish some of it and pay some of my credit cards... So I was thinking about going back to Target for the BTS season.

I have no desire to work through Christmas (mainly, because I want to have the holidays free and be able to visit my family), but would like to work now through at least Halloween.

I'm an area that has a super freaky back to college season (one of the stores in the area has that special overnight shopping thing for students) so I think I could get something... But was wondering what my chances of getting a weekends only cashiering or sales flow position would be :)

How desperate is your store for staff? Because beggars can't be choosers, and you're at least offering weekends and cashiering, two things many team members typically loathe and try to avoid.

How desperate is your store for staff? Because beggars can't be choosers, and you're at least offering weekends and cashiering, two things many team members typically loathe and try to avoid.

I don't know. But they had all the "Now Hiring" signage out and the cashiers had "now hiring" bag stuffers they were putting in people's bags and stuff.

And I would love cashiering. I don't care about RedCards, I don't want to be there that long anyways... And from my visits to this particular store, they don't either. They don't ask for them... And I do listen, lol.

Our store looks for open availability only, unless it's a day that doesn't generate much sales. But if they are searching I think you'll have a good chance, especially with prior Target history.

So do you not need to work very long, or do you just not want to work at Target very long? Because if you're literally only going to work there 2-3 months or less, then just go apply somewhere else. We don't have the time to invest in someone who will only work two days a week for 12 weeks maybe. You're going to spend a week with orientation and "training" and then maybe have 20 other shifts. And then you're done. It's honestly just a crappy thing to do. You'll never get hired if you're up front about it, but don't be expecting any favors when you put in your two weeks after just being hired lol.

It makes more sense to just find a job in the classifieds or something temporary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back