Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second week of my time I was scheduled on three different occasions to close then open the next morning. MFW
7285.jpg

Sooo.... we just got the notice in the breakroom at my store. MyTime will be rolling out probably the first week of August or so when we extend our store hours.

We got my time about a month ago. I work truck so hrs pretty much stayed the same. What I noticed and am very happy about sales floor is definitely getting more hrs. Finally Great for them and the store looks a lot better!

We got my time about a month ago. I work truck so hrs pretty much stayed the same. What I noticed and am very happy about sales floor is definitely getting more hrs. Finally Great for them and the store looks a lot better!

We got mytime a couple months ago but since the backroom started pushing all cafs our salesfloor hours have went down, but the floor looks good in hardlines because they can constantly zone now. Softlines just looks like crap but I think thats due to Adjacencies still being done under softlines hours currently at my store.

I am happy with the mytime scheduling. As GSTL I am finding that I am having to call for back up a lot less since it started.

We ( in my store) have been on Mytime for about three weeks now. I think its great for the sales floor and front end...however, for logistics it has not gone so well. Some backroom team members ( who usually come in at 730 for truck process to pull auto fills) are not even scheduled so that leaves us short handed and its not scheduling all the flow team either....so the trucks not getting pushed not backstocked. We have all voiced are concern and the etls act as tho they don't really care...clearly when half of your team is not on the schedule something is not right.

So, MyTime is now screwing me the same way the hr guy was. Closing on the day before all my days off! Yay! Days off not in a row! Woohoo! No cashiers so I have to go for backup constantly! Awesome! Closing alone! Sweet!

My hours are fantastic, though. It wasn't sarcasm this time. We all (people in sl at my store) were complaining about hours pre-MyTime. Now, we have them and we're not used to so many 8hr shifts in a row. Everyone's so tired and worn out. This will be an adjustment if it lasts. I typed MyTime with proper capitalization one time and my iPad fixes it every single time now. I feel like it makes me look snobby lol.

I get all that crap on Max, we don't roll out mytime for another week or so. They love having me do 6 days in a row too, they just split it between weeks so it only looks like 5 days if you look at a single week's schedule, but it's Thursday - Tuesday. On top of all that the actual hours are getting cut, so I'm edging closer to no health insurance territory, yet with 9 hour shifts many days! Can't wait to see what horrors mytime can add on top of all of that.

I get all that crap on Max

Exactly my point. For me personally, everything's the same, except I can see my schedule online and I now have more hours. I don't get scheduled outside my availability anymore, though, so that's nice.

I get all that crap on Max

Exactly my point. For me personally, everything's the same, except I can see my schedule online and I now have more hours. I don't get scheduled outside my availability anymore, though, so that's nice.
Wait til 4th quarter. True test cause I know my store stops caring about laws, rules and availability.

I get all that crap on Max, we don't roll out mytime for another week or so. They love having me do 6 days in a row too, they just split it between weeks so it only looks like 5 days if you look at a single week's schedule, but it's Thursday - Tuesday. On top of all that the actual hours are getting cut, so I'm edging closer to no health insurance territory, yet with 9 hour shifts many days! Can't wait to see what horrors mytime can add on top of all of that.

Guarantee you that they don't even notice that you're working that many days in a row. We've had people scheduled 12 days in a row and not even notice until they're calling out on day 10 due to exhaustion. Problem is, with all of the scheduling we have to do in addition to the million other tasks and the bare minimum hours given to complete it, we don't have time to check the previous week's schedule for every workcenter. We mostly just look at the current Sun-Sat and make the schedules as favorable for the TMs as possible within the given week.

So basically I should bring it to their attention? Should I talk to HR or my Sr GSTL?

So basically I should bring it to their attention? Should I talk to HR or my Sr GSTL?

Yes absolutely. Talk to your ETL-HR or your HR team. The GSTL's usually have little to no impact over cashier schedules.

I'm a GSA not a cashier if that makes any difference.

I have mixed feelings. We actually have multiple people working in the BR now and stuff is actually getting done. But my hours have gone down a bit and I don't get many lunches anymore.

Our myTime rollout is on the 20th :)eek:eek! still have pre-rollout tasks to complete!). After reading these comments I'm a bit nervous--I hoped that all the weird glitches would be worked out by now... in time I suppose. For those already on myTime, does it generate shifts with multiple workcenters for TMs within the same day?

It can. Haven't seen to much of it though. I have had lots of weird 1hr shifts tacked on the end of my In-Stocks shifts.. Not really sure if its MyTime of a ETL being cute..

Cel, they don't have you on any kind of rotation?

If it's anything like the way our schedule gets done, the answer is no. Thursday will be day nine in a row for me. If I don't kill someone, we will be lucky.

The GSTLs get their rotation, the rest of us get filled in where ever, and I've gotten screwed so badly the past couple of months that heads are beginning to roll as they realize making me work closings constantly and every single weekend is not a good way to keep a GSA happy.

Not really. I have 1 day a week that's always been off (for the last 3 months or so anyway) and the other jumps around all over the place. I've had 1 weekend off (other than one I took off as unpaid vacation) since I started 9 months ago. I've had...5? sets of consecutive days off since I started. I've been rotating somewhat between majority closings or openings for the last month or two (since we dropped our 2nd GSTL and promoted someone to GSA to replace the other GSA who's doing all but 2 days in another workcenter by choice) but there's no real discernable pattern other than always having that 1 day off.

I'm still trying to mentally and physically adjust to having so many damn 8hour shifts. Caffeine does nothing for me so I've just been so worn out and sluggish. I was hoping my hours would drop with my time. I miss having a life. I miss my niece and nephew. I miss fun. Target, Netflix, eat, sleep is my life. And every shift before my day off is until 11 or 10. I'd change my max hours, but I do need the money, I just hate what it's doing to my psyche and my body. My knees hate me. I'm getting snippy with the guests. I don't even have it in me to kill the meanies with kindness, anymore.

I know what you mean. I almost came back at a customer at my other job, but then quickly remembered about killing them with kindness. It's more enjoyable too!

The ETL's tell me in order to retain your hours before the MyTime change, you should put open availability so you can be utilized to the max available or you will lose hours. Being a Starbucks TM and only 5 (in the store) are certified, will departments such as this be effected much? Unless someone requests a day off, our hours/times are consistent every week. Mine is set for opening because Im limited availability and has been for 7 years without a problem. Our TL only works 3 days in the department, therefore, Ive been AST certified to handle any training that is needed. Its not like anyone in the store can work this department, you have to be certified. There are a few Starbucks TM worried they will not be needed in their realm of availability and be either out the hours or used on the front lanes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back