Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store handled it pretty well. They posted a sign up sheet for cross training and I signed up for everything. Of course I was only trained in the jobs that no one else wanted, but it was okay. Then I changed my availability and now I'm the only person that works during that time. It's not 40 hours, but it's M-F and I get off before close.

I work in HR. One of the big beefs I have with my time is that it only schedules people in their primary workplace. We were told to cross train TM's to better utilize the hours we get, but it only pulls people for the one position. This is a real pain for flow TM's who usually work truck then go out on the floor. Wednesday is full of editing and tend to be really long days. I see little improvements in the 3 weeks we have had my time. At first, only cashiers showed up on the schedule. Not the SF people that were doing a cashier shift. Last week was better. So much for being easier and more user friendly.

This doesn't seem to be the case in my store. Even in the first two weeks when they weren't making edits, the people who are cross trained were all over. We actually had people scheduled more in secondary areas than their primary role. We never had early morning flow people scheduled as softlines after the truck hours until MyTime.

On the hiring thing, my store is hiring, but they were probably hiring in softlines prior to mt. We lost some people without replacing them.

All of my issues with MyTime have to do with the lack of humanity. A computer wouldn't think (unless you told it to) that it would be nice to give the occasional weekend, or occasionally put days off in a row. A computer doesn't know I hate hate hate 5.5s because I get get too hangry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg. I forgot to punch to end work one day so it made it as if I worked from whenever I started that day until the next days shift. It didn't show up as a MP on the time clock though. I was just confused about the missing time when I clocked in. But behind the scenes, it added a midnight punch and did some other crazy thing and wouldn't let the hr tm remove the punches it added in. It didn't show any of that on my end, buy it seems that once she accepted my addition of the end work punch, she was then able to remove the extraneous midnight punch.

Tl;dr be diligent about punching and punch correcting.

I work in HR. One of the big beefs I have with my time is that it only schedules people in their primary workplace. We were told to cross train TM's to better utilize the hours we get, but it only pulls people for the one position. This is a real pain for flow TM's who usually work truck then go out on the floor. Wednesday is full of editing and tend to be really long days. I see little improvements in the 3 weeks we have had my time. At first, only cashiers showed up on the schedule. Not the SF people that were doing a cashier shift. Last week was better. So much for being easier and more user friendly.

This doesn't seem to be the case in my store. Even in the first two weeks when they weren't making edits, the people who are cross trained were all over. We actually had people scheduled more in secondary areas than their primary role. We never had early morning flow people scheduled as softlines after the truck hours until MyTime.

On the hiring thing, my store is hiring, but they were probably hiring in softlines prior to mt. We lost some people without replacing them.

All of my issues with MyTime have to do with the lack of humanity. A computer wouldn't think (unless you told it to) that it would be nice to give the occasional weekend, or occasionally put days off in a row. A computer doesn't know I hate hate hate 5.5s because I eat get too hangry.

We were told that the computer is supposed to keep track of how many weekends everyone is working so it will give off a weekend every now and then and that it shouldn't give a billion days in a row.

But the massive amounts of human edits my store does negates this.

I'm 95% sure you can set secondary workcenters for each TM. That was a major emphasis that our ETL-HR had us do in preparation for our mytime transition. Have they done this at your store?

Ahh, interesting, @Retail Girl. I didn't know that. I guess I'll find out if it's working for us when the following week's schedule goes up. Thinking back, though, I don't think I've worked more than 5 days in a row since mt started.

The two biggest issues with MyTime right now (that would fix the headaches) are simply hour allocation and secondary workcenters. Just give hour allocation back to the STLs and figure out how we can get MyTime to pull secondary workcenters like MAX did. I actually like the guest driven aspects to the salesfloor.

Is everyone supposed to have MyTime now? I asked my store about it yesterday after seeing all these posts, and they said we wouldn't have it until the 20th.

No, it's an ongoing rollout process not an instant company-wide change. My store is starting it on the 20th as well.

Apologies if this has been asked before:

I can't change my hours per week availability in MyTime. I get to the availability page, there's a text box for "maximum hours per week" and I can't type anything into it. As it is our ETL-HR is having to do my schedule manually every week.

Our store just starting with myTime this week and we ended up with almost 120 hours that could not be spent. That is a lot for an ULV store like mine. In any event I am starting phone interviews today for more people. Anyone else have the problem with they started using myTIme?

Yeah, MyTime forced us to do a lot of hiring at first as well. Then, even though the system said we needed those people, a lot of people's hours tanked when the new people were hired. It got better as the new people weeded themselves out and they started editing the schedule like normal.

The robot is making me work six 8 hour shifts in a row. Wahh. Where's my work/life balance?

I mean, I know people do it, but I'm still adjusting and I have bad joints. I'm literally in pain from the increase in hours.

Apologies if this has been asked before:

I can't change my hours per week availability in MyTime. I get to the availability page, there's a text box for "maximum hours per week" and I can't type anything into it. As it is our ETL-HR is having to do my schedule manually every week.
I heard some other team members complaining about this issue and tried it for myself, I couldn't get it to work either. I don't know if they've asked anyone in HR about it. Seems dumb that the box is even there if you can't adjust it. They have to realize that just because someone is available every hour of every day doesn't necessarily mean that they want that many hours. I hope they find a fix for this issue.

I think I dodged a bullet today. We launch on Sunday and there was a discussion about secondary workcenters (I listed a bunch on my new availability form). I'm coded primary for Price Accuracy, and I should have Comp Shop as my secondary code. The only secondary was for cashier. I had my HR add comp shop (as I'm the one who is currently doing it) and softlines.

I think I dodged a bullet today. We launch on Sunday and there was a discussion about secondary workcenters (I listed a bunch on my new availability form). I'm coded primary for Price Accuracy, and I should have Comp Shop as my secondary code. The only secondary was for cashier. I had my HR add comp shop (as I'm the one who is currently doing it) and softlines.

I hope the secondary workcenter thing at my store doesn't start until after I learn a third workcenter. :D I've found that at this point, working a cashing shift results in my dislike for my store's front end increasing (not necessarily the work, but moreso the unending crap I put up with at the lanes) and further regrets that I never finished my degree.

I wish that, like availability, you could "opt out" of certain workcenters. One of our market team members recently left so now every one of us in hardlines are getting market shifts. I have 3 in a row in my 2 weeks out... and one of them is closing!

It is true that the new myTime availability form does not have a place to select your average hours. Your HR team should have paper forms where you can specify your max hours-they will need to go into your availability settings and change it manually.
I logged on to myTime for the first time today! The availability screen HR has access to is actually quite sophisticated. We can select times of the day where TMs are available/unavailable, as well as preferred times a TM wants to work and preferred time off. Although the availability forms team members fill out are limited, it seems HR has the ability to customize availabilities a great deal. However, myTime just launched for our store, so I'm not sure how these customized settings will impact the auto generation. If it does, it's important to remember that in order for myTime to create an "optimized schedule," there needs to be enough TMs with open avails to meet business needs otherwise a plethora of open shifts will generate. This may lead to hiring more TM to fill the gaps in coverage.

Thanks for the detailed answer. I'll get with HR and tactfully let them know that they can fix the problem from their end. Also, if there is a space for "preferred" time off I can have them block of a day for me to volunteer- having a set day helps the place I volunteer schedule me, but I didn't want to mark myself as totally unavailable and have my hours cut.

Max stopped working entirely for me today so I got to use my time!

So so so many clicks required to do ANYTHING! so annoying! I'm sure I'll get used to it but still!

Has anyone ever seen WalmartOne? Not sure if it's exactly their MyTime or MAX but it seems to be their benefits, HR, schedule, and news portal all in one site (Think targetpayandbenefits.com, eHR, MyTime, and RED360 at one site). The page is much much more better looking than what we have (schedule page shows a weekly calendar with bars for your shifts at the time of day) and you can see and request open shifts from home. Not sure if you can call out on the page or swap shifts, but what we have now seems so primitive and bare bones. Apparently you can get the schedule emailed to you when it's posted.

Cannot find any shots of the desktop page but here's what their iOS app looks like: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wm1/id873227705?mt=8

Last edited:
It sounds like our first week with myTime did not go, so well. As I have stated before they had 120 hours they could not use. Also had over 200 exceptions (errors) and no one bothered to fix any of them. Lots of TMs were scheduled for 6 days. Some were scheduled on days they are unavailable. For me, I got schedule Mon-Fri, even though I am a TL and am supposed to work every other weekend. Not sure what will happen with the next schedule, as I have to go out of town for food safety training with our ETL-HR/AP. Really hoping I only get scheduled in the store Mon-Wed.

How is mytime going to work for us graveyard shifts?
I have had the same days off for 6 months and now that could change?
I have been at Target for almost a year now and have not missed a day...thinking that would help me keep my hours and days off the same but now that doesn't matter???

Max stopped working entirely for me today so I got to use my time!

So so so many clicks required to do ANYTHING! so annoying! I'm sure I'll get used to it but still!
So far I can only look at the daily schedule grid. I can't get anything else work. Not sure I am not supposed to have access to anything else. There are times when I need to change my in or out time and would like to be able to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back