Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max stopped working entirely for me today so I got to use my time!

So so so many clicks required to do ANYTHING! so annoying! I'm sure I'll get used to it but still!
So far I can only look at the daily schedule grid. I can't get anything else work. Not sure I am not supposed to have access to anything else. There are times when I need to change my in or out time and would like to be able to do this.

I had out on times I should have changed today but couldn't figure out how to edit the weekly schedule so I definitely didn't do that. I think I successfully fixed a tm's shifts to switch some days around but I could be wrong...not sure exactly how I did it either!

Has anyone ever seen WalmartOne? Not sure if it's exactly they're MyTime or MAX but it seems to be their benefits, HR, schedule, and news portal all in one site (Think targetpayandbenefits.com, eHR, MyTime, and RED360 at one site). The page is much much more better looking than what we have (schedule page shows a weekly calendar with bars for your shifts at the time of day) and you can see and request open shifts from home. Not sure if you can call out on the page or swap shifts, but what we have now seems so primitive and bare bones. Apparently you can get the schedule emailed to you when it's posted.

Cannot find any shots of the desktop page but here's what their iOS app looks like: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wm1/id873227705?mt=8

Macy's site has all those functions. You can swap shifts, pick up shifts (that people put up for swap and open shifts), request days off, etc etc. it was all those sites you listed in one plus the links to discounts were on it. There was no app when I was there, but it's possible that there is now. The site was actually pretty ugly, and from what I can look at now, it probably still is, but the functions it had were great. Worked on my Mac from the beginning and I had access to so much from home. MyTime isn't ugly to me, but it only has one feature and it doesn't even do that well.

I think retail companies need a way to make schedules into a subscribe-able calendar that can sync to iCal and gcal. But eh, many of the people in my store don't even use MyTime online and I think many don't know how to, so I'm doubting better tech for employees is important to target. Now that I think of it, I wouldn't know how to view my schedule from home without you guys. My store suuuucks at communication.

I walked into the store today to see the time clock sitting on the counter in TSC, as apparently this is the only way to not have TMs try to clock in. We launched today. Our Flow TL couldn't print off a grid because he didn't have access to either MyTime or MAX. HR showed up a few hours later and was able to get everything up and running.

I like being able to view my schedule online. I didn't write my schedule down this week and I didn't know whether I had Monday or Tuesday off. Now I do without having to either go into or call the store. I'm actually surprised that a company as "hip" and "cool" as Tar-zhay doesn't have a TM portal that actually works.

Crazy question...

I just looked at the schedule using http://wss.target.com/selfservice/ and some days the store number is red, and others the store number is black. Any thoughts?
I just checked mine. All of my HR days are in black, but my one cash office day is in red--maybe primary jobs are black, secondary jobs red? idk...

I'm primarily a hardines TM. Consumables is my secondary, so yeah, it's def black primary.

MyTime minirant

So I printed off the break schedule the other morning. I had been in 239 so I didn't have a lot of time to devote to drawing it up, but I did a pretty good job. I get out to the lanes and start asking "Where's Wanda? Where's Fifi?" because nobody on my break schedule is there except one person.

The break schedule was COMPLETELY WRONG. It had the right date on it, but it bore absolutely no resemblance to the grid. So I got to write a new break schedule by hand, completely from scratch.

Thanks, MyTime.

I'm going to be honest, Target hires a lot of seasonal workers for two main reasons; New (Better) Talent and Diversity.

Target would rather have 500 employees all getting 15+ hours per week, than 200 employees getting 35+ hours per week. WHY? The more employees you have the better the business looks; in terms of staffing and helping the community. What I mean by helping the community, helping the local people get jobs= helping the economy etc, you know the circulation flow.

Now with all those 500 employees comes different cultural backgrounds (diversity). Which also makes the business looks good. For example in my store my STL gives priority to homosexuals, transgenders (If you are opened about it, which I doubt), Muslims, Indians, and Asians. WHY? The more diversity you have the more progressiveness the business looks. And you ALL know Target is all about change and perception.

I recently interviewed 11 seasonal team members in one day; which all were hired; and my store is 'crimson' red with hour productivity. I do not know how my store can afford all these new team members.

My advice to any Target team member that wants more hours. Aspire for a promotion. More responsibility= more hours= still shit pay. Try a TL position, talk to your ETL-HR/STL if the store is compliant with TL in stores or if there are any open positions. If not become a trainer, develop new TM's, always be able to help out any TM, engage/vibe with guests, write recognition cards, speak in team huddles; get your name out there so the Leadership team knows you. Understand the leadership team have weekly meetings and which they speak of top performing TM and low performing TM. If your name comes out in each meeting as high performing than expect to do more at Target.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but even if you are cross trained in 10 departments and have a full open availability you are still going to be getting less than 30 hours. Thats just how Target works.

^^
Downside is that there is no accountability, too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak.

And the talent isn't any better in the temps, cause fire all of them. Last two rounds not one survived.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but even if you are cross trained in 10 departments and have a full open availability you are still going to be getting less than 30 hours.

Unless you're a GSA, at least at a store that isn't overflowing with them. Then you'll just hate yourself 30-40 hours a week.

^^
Downside is that there is no accountability, too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak.

And the talent isn't any better in the temps, cause fire all of them. Last two rounds not one survived.

Only the strong survive! (I started as a temp cashier)

Advantages to having a larger TM pool:
-more to comb thru if you're covering call-outs: sure, everyone wants more hrs but if you have 8 TMs getting 32+ hrs there's very little coverage if someone is out sick/death in the family/vay-cay.
-seasonal hires have always been an opp to get rid of deadweight: every team has 'em, the slackers who call out/do little to no work/have a bad attitude toward guests. Why are they still around? Not enough coverage (see#1). Bringing in fresh blood gives you a chance to sift out that diamond in the rough. It also puts slackers on notice that their days are numbered.
-those several TMs who have an in-store theft ring going: they thought the influx of newbies was for the holidays. Actually, AP was about to bust them big time & leadership wanted to have enough TMs in place to fill the gap.
Just a few scenarios that occurred at my store over the yrs.

I'm not sure How many total TMs are in my store but there is NEVER enough coverage!! Even with no callouts. It's always expected of me to cover my ENTIRE department BY MYSELF!! In which I only have a few hours (5) to do it!! If I can't finish by the time my shift is over, it gets said to me during my next shift. I'm almost always in toys & it sure as hell is not easy to run it alone on the weekend. And when there are other people, they're always nowhere to be found. I'm lucky to get 16hrs a week... Who the hell can survive on that??? SMH

I'm not sure How many total TMs are in my store but there is NEVER enough coverage!! Even with no callouts. It's always expected of me to cover my ENTIRE department BY MYSELF!! In which I only have a few hours (5) to do it!! If I can't finish by the time my shift is over, it gets said to me during my next shift. I'm almost always in toys & it sure as hell is not easy to run it alone on the weekend. And when there are other people, they're always nowhere to be found. I'm lucky to get 16hrs a week... Who the hell can survive on that??? SMH

So you are talking about being there for 5 hours to just zone toys?

No Rock Lobster, not just toys. I also have to back up the cashiers if needed, help guests, get items from the back room, push etc.. Sometimes it's just too much for one person

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but even if you are cross trained in 10 departments and have a full open availability you are still going to be getting less than 30 hours.

Unless you're a GSA, at least at a store that isn't overflowing with them. Then you'll just hate yourself 30-40 hours a week.

*sigh* Truer words have never been spoken.

Will it get better with MyTime? The first two schedules with the new MyTime roll-out have seen my hours decreased by half

From what I've been told, the individual stores can't change anything for the first 2 weeks, but after that initial time period, they will have more control over the schedule, and can add on more shifts.

Does anyone know this to be true? Have hours increased at any other stores after the first few weeks with MyTime?

I've spent a few sleepless nights over this, wondering how I will be able to provide for my family. Can someone please give me a little hope for the future?

Thanks!
unfortunately no. mytime is a erpetual hell. unless your a cashier. the sf gets almost no hours.and your etls are probably to lazy to fix the systems epic mistakes.

Question: is anyone else having trouble getting vacation on their checks through my time? I put it in on time but my HR doesn't approve it till monday which was never a problem in MAX but NOW they are saying it is getting approved to late AND they dont credit it back to me to use later. Thoughts?

Question: is anyone else having trouble getting vacation on their checks through my time? I put it in on time but my HR doesn't approve it till monday which was never a problem in MAX but NOW they are saying it is getting approved to late AND they dont credit it back to me to use later. Thoughts?
I had that issue as well. I was told there were still some glitches in the system

Thanks for the response. I get that my hr isn't doing it on time but shouldn't I be getting that time back if it isn't going to my paycheck?

If it wasn't on your check you should still have those vac. hours. keep an eye on your balance . If they took them out and you were not paid for them I would talk to them asap.

Ok thanks I've tried talking to my hr about it because this is the second time it's happened and I never got my hrs back from the first time. I've lost 12hrs to this now :(

You may have to keep talking to them about...and if you haven't talk to your ehrtl . Sometimes they forget but something like that they should be on top of. Just make sure you keep on them..

My store doesn't use any radio lingo at all. It's infuriating (I've had to use radios at previous jobs) because if I forget and say "10-4" or something, there has to be a whole conversation to clarify that I was trying to say "Yes, I understand." Especially annoying is that people don't use or understand the phonetic alphabet.

"Where are whoseywhatsits?"
"*crackle*eeeee 27"
"Was that bravo, charlie or delta 2-7?"
"*crackle*what?"
"B. as. in. boy? C. as. in. cat? or D. as. in. dog?"
"*crackle*eeeeee. It's in *crackle*eeeee."
"As in boy?"
"No! *exasperated* eeee as in dog."
"Thanks so much for your help!"
*facepalm*

Status
Not open for further replies.