Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe thus dollar based thing is the reason my hours were halved. I've been blaming the new girl because I needed someone tangible to blame. Either way, though, I can't pay my bills anymore, so I have to get more serious about leaving target. All my living expenses juuust went up because my hours were good (income based stuff). And now, 16 hours. Spread across 4 days, of course.

Maybe thus dollar based thing is the reason my hours were halved. I've been blaming the new girl because I needed someone tangible to blame. Either way, though, I can't pay my bills anymore, so I have to get more serious about leaving target. All my living expenses juuust went up because my hours were good (income based stuff). And now, 16 hours. Spread across 4 days, of course.

That's ridiculous.
If they gave you two 8 hour shifts you could find another another job and use them together.

This is there way of keeping you hanging.
Have you complained, told them you can't survive like this?

Sorry to hear that. Can you change work centers? Working flow you would get more hours. 3 to 4 gm trucks at least each week plus pfresh trucks

I can't do flow because I don't drive and the bus doesn't start up early enough, buuut, many of them are only getting 4 hour shifts anyway. From my stalking of the grid, and the conversations I've had with other TMs, I gather that 90% of us have been dropped down to 4-5 hour shifts. I train in pfresh on monday, so maybe after that I'll be able to pick up shifts over there for the time being. I don't understand how the scheduling makes sense. Sales-wise, we seem to be doing well (going above the goals) based on what they say in huddles.

I'm gonna complain to the etl-hr tomorrow, because if this 16 hour thing goes longer, I'm only gonna be able to afford to pay some of my bills, food and transportation to work.

I ended up talking to the new hr person and she's actually not the horrible person I thought she was lol. In the end, 9 hours were added to that week. Nothing on the swap board.

Has mytime been scheduling anyone outside their availability? I'm in school and one day they have me working in the afternoon but I'll be in school.

Has mytime been scheduling anyone outside their availability? I'm in school and one day they have me working in the afternoon but I'll be in school.

Most likely not but that doesn't mean an ETL didn't just ignore what your availability is. Talk to HR, sooner the better.

Yep. It's been scheduling me over my max hours for two weeks straight. I'm probably the only person in Target complaining about too many hours, but I lose my disability benefit if I work too much so it's pretty serious business for me to stay under my max.
I've had hit and miss weeks going over - or so I thought. Looking yesterday I noticed it was still 5 hours higher than what I wanted, so I changed some availability and added a note for them to reduce my max hours (I won't see HR this week unless I go in on an off day).

Hopefully they drop your hours - I feel the same way as you... i swear i'm the only person in the store complaining about having too many hours.

Lol. I complained about 16 hours for next week, but I looked at the following week today and it' sat 15.25 lol. When you go to talk to the ETL hr, she says there's no softlines hours to sl TMs, buuut I'm hearing and seeing the same scheduling trend in hard lines.

And they are still hiring.

When our hours were at their lowest the last 3 weeks, it kicked off the plummeting survey scores. Last night I really wanted to tell the STL, this isn't rocket science. No hours = constant backup = no one gets their job done = store is trashed.

Big time trashed.

Apparently we score really bad on Thursdays.... I was happy to point out, I have never worked on Thursday since I started!

I am curious as to whether of not there is ANY store that is taking the MyTime switch well.

The transition is definitely rough, but after a few weeks we got it down

How? especially if you are a Flow TL, how?

I was also going to add that the other piece of the transition that stores find difficult is that it allocates the hours for you and the STL does not intervene (this goes also to neversaynever's post). This means that if your store was used to your STL making significant overrides (such as a store who over allocates hours into Logistics to keep their trucks good) will suddenly be dropped down to normal hours. This is why it was so important to drive things the right way over the years. The stores that struggle with the transition the most are those who cut corners and the STL used their control over allocation to cover the issues. Many stores who had clean processes weren't good because they were efficient, they were good because they threw payroll at the problem.

When our hours were at their lowest the last 3 weeks, it kicked off the plummeting survey scores. Last night I really wanted to tell the STL, this isn't rocket science. No hours = constant backup = no one gets their job done = store is trashed.

Big time trashed.

Apparently we score really bad on Thursdays.... I was happy to point out, I have never worked on Thursday since I started!

Today, I had a 4.5 and when I came in, it was time for the daily 4x4, then they decided to bring peak hour back lol. You'd think these people have never ever shopped before. Even my tl who has ridiculous expectations sees the problem in this. She was like "well, this is how it is now. Everyday you'll come back to finish the same reshop." And she said it wasn't my fault that I didn't finish today. That was nice to hear. She always seems so unimpressed with everyone's speed.

My turn to get scheduled over an approved day off.....

I "strongly dislike" that place, I am not home all day today so I guess I have to call hr about it.

My schedule for next week has been rewritten twice now and it's still a cluster. Now we're switching things around again because they scheduled someone in the CO who hasn't been trained so I need to cover their shifts which means someone has to cover some of my GSA shifts or else I go over my hours and blah blah blah what a mess.

My schedule for next week has been rewritten twice now and it's still a cluster. Now we're switching things around again because they scheduled someone in the CO who hasn't been trained so I need to cover their shifts which means someone has to cover some of my GSA shifts or else I go over my hours and blah blah blah what a mess.

This is what I don't understand.
So My Time spits out the schedule and the STL HR or at very least least your HR TM ninja doesn't know the people in your store well enough to look at it and go "WTF, there is no way we can post this frelling mess."
I had little or no respect for my STL HR (massive amounts for our HR ninja) and I know she wouldn't have missed something you're talking about much less him.

Sure there are always going to be mistakes made on a schedule, it's hard not to on something that big and complex with that many people.
I've done schedules for just thirty people and it's not easy.
But when you know you're system is rotten, you should be double checking everything.

I was hired as a TL and was told on hiring that I'd have a set schedule. I've been there four weeks. My schedule has changed three times. Closing weekend? Nope, you're opening. Off this week end? Nope, you're closing. Off on Wednesdays? Nope, you're off on Thursday this week.

WTF? I dealt with the first two, but today I went to HR ETL about the last screw up and was told, "Well, just go to your peers and switch schedules with them," to which I replied, "Do I have a set schedule or not? Because if I don't, then accept my resignation." He said, "Just deal with it for now and I'll try to get future schedules resolved. But you have to let me know as soon as you see a problem." Right. I did that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back