Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am ever thankful they want us cashiers out at close. I can barely walk at that point, I'd be in really bad shape staying longer.

Ok trying to get this straight. On the payroll report there is store allocated hours, published hours, and actual hours. Allocated is the maximum we can have? Published is the amount on the schedule and actual is actual? If the following is correct then why would my store continue to have a significant percent of hours go unused when the entire store has been a disaster the past month?

Ok trying to get this straight. On the payroll report there is store allocated hours, published hours, and actual hours. Allocated is the maximum we can have? Published is the amount on the schedule and actual is actual? If the following is correct then why would my store continue to have a significant percent of hours go unused when the entire store has been a disaster the past month?

Are you under hours for the published or actual hours? If you are under on the published hours for the store, then it could be because he is trying to save payroll because he is afraid you guys are missing sales (and therefore going to lose payroll at the end of the month). There is no beneficial reason to pocket too much payroll as you either miss a month or you don't. You want to use as much payroll as possible and still be under.

If you are missing lots in the actual payroll, then that is probably tied to attendance.

Saturday's my time fiasco, consisted of despite it being peak week of back to school, the store was even more shorthanded than usual. It was two cashiers, 3 on salesfloor, electronics and 2 in softlines and the GSA, who watches the line and call code one seemingly endlessly during bts. We are a tier C store, busiest on weekends. My LOD asks why wasnt I on the register during the first 90 minutes of my shift, since I was the only on the sales floor trying to replenish some empty shelves of back to college items and going to receiving to pull some items for guests. I was asked questions by 5 people at once, and constant guest questions. It included a guest asking about makeup where another team member found me and said guest need assistance on the makeup aisle. I am man who has no clue about what foundation or base and called for a female team member and got no response from none of them. There was no response about a vaccum, I was trying to zone A and I was called directly to take care of it. There was a revolving door to the checklane, Im the one that covers the electronics lunch which is always 40/45 minutes because the other 2 team members hate the boat and just wont do it and the guy in grocery claims he doesnt know how to cashier to avoid the boat and code ones.

Maybe if we left together instead of the STL sends cashiers, softlines home maybe 15 minutes after close, but keeps hardlines an hour an half after close to finish up what we couldnt get done due to code ones. We may have had a few hours to call in some extra hands. You fire 3 people in two days in softlines by telling them before their shift that theyre no longer needed and then expect them to clock in and work. The consensus from everyone on the floor was they worked hard and ran to the code ones. A day where those 2/3 people who run for code one would have definitely made a difference. You can only do so much in a 5.5 hour shift, and spend 4 hours doing everything but your assigned tasks. I wonder can you modify the schedule in My Time, because a few tweaks could have made it a little easier on everyone.

Can someone define "code one"? This is a term that is not used at my store. Just curious.

Just a code some stores use for back up cashiers. Not target official. Code one, backup cashiers, guest first...all used interchangeably here.

My ETL hr was replaced. Before the replacement, I don't think any edits were happening to the schedule. Now, I'm sure it's being edited. She's not even editing it a way that makes sense. The shifts don't overlap or meet in a way that makes sense, she's not fixing any of the phone coverage gaps.

We're getting a new ETL-hr. It's her first job ever. I overheard her musing about how she might come in at 9 instead of 6 on Monday. HRTM was trying to be really tactful while getting the message across that she can't just come in whenever she wants.

I give her four weeks.

Yesterday we had 2 cashiers, 2 HL TMs, 2 Market TMs (one pretty new and left at like 10), an electronics TM, and maybe 3 SLs TMs and an operator at closing. We are AA+. Nothing got done in hardlines. Pfresh was perfect because I did it but there was only like 2 aisles done in dry. It was a mess. I know Wednesdays are a slower day of the week but still, the store should not look like that at all.

A few years ago that would be the staff of a D volume, not AA+.

Wednesday was actually really busy for us this week for some reason. Yesterday we didn't even meet sales, Wednesday we were $20,000 over the sales goal. Think at closing we had a GSA, 2 cashiers, an ETL, and 4 people on the sales floor, but we're only a B volume store technically, though we were $100,000 shy of becoming A after last years sales, so will be A after this year.

We're getting a new ETL-hr. It's her first job ever. I overheard her musing about how she might come in at 9 instead of 6 on Monday. HRTM was trying to be really tactful while getting the message across that she can't just come in whenever she wants.

I give her four weeks.

Why? I may be being a bit evil here, but say nothing and watch the fun..

I kind of need the ETL-HR to be on point because I am a special snowflake with my schedule. To my knowledge, my schedule is written each week by hand since I have some unique requirements regarding hours and because they want me in the CO most of the time so they have some consistency with that position. My comp shop shifts also need to be put in manually. I think I'm going to bring it up with the outgoing ETL-HR and ask her to explain it to the new girl, since going directly to the new girl might backfire because I'd be telling a superior what to do and I have no idea what kind of ego this chick has.

Apologies if this has been asked before:

I can't change my hours per week availability in MyTime. I get to the availability page, there's a text box for "maximum hours per week" and I can't type anything into it. As it is our ETL-HR is having to do my schedule manually every week.

We dealt with this recently. According to the MyTime help line, you can change your availability on ehr, but in order to change your max hours per week, you need to fill out a request(ask your HR team). We have to change it manually, then fax the request in to corp.

I'm 95% sure you can set secondary workcenters for each TM. That was a major emphasis that our ETL-HR had us do in preparation for our mytime transition. Have they done this at your store?

We have set the secondary work stations, but, haven't had much success. I will check again, then call my new friend(?) Helpline. :)

Our store just starting with myTime this week and we ended up with almost 120 hours that could not be spent. That is a lot for an ULV store like mine. In any event I am starting phone interviews today for more people. Anyone else have the problem with they started using myTIme?

We tend to have the opposite problem. The system suggests all the shifts that need to be filled, but doesn't give us the hours to do it with. Sigh.

Our store just starting with myTime this week and we ended up with almost 120 hours that could not be spent. That is a lot for an ULV store like mine. In any event I am starting phone interviews today for more people. Anyone else have the problem with they started using myTIme?

We tend to have the opposite problem. The system suggests all the shifts that need to be filled, but doesn't give us the hours to do it with. Sigh.
Spot's credo: Expect more; pay less.

There's already the option to view the schedule by payroll dollars, but it doesn't work yet.

There's already the option to view the schedule by payroll dollars, but it doesn't work yet.
I'm just a peon cashier that is at the top end of the scale. My hours should be drastically cut once the switch to dollars happens - I'm expensive. So I'm trying to sort out job hunting!

When is payroll shifting to dollar based instead of hour based?

Trying to figure put when my hours will disappear....

I'm just a peon cashier that is at the top end of the scale. My hours should be drastically cut once the switch to dollars happens - I'm expensive. So I'm trying to sort out job hunting!
....and I'll probably be right behind you.
I'm not 'expensive' per se but anyone more than a buck or two over minimum would be considered 'expensive' round these parts.

When is payroll shifting to dollar based instead of hour based?

Trying to figure put when my hours will disappear....

....and I'll probably be right behind you.
I'm not 'expensive' per se but anyone more than a buck or two over minimum would be considered 'expensive' round these parts.

Stores have an average dollar per hour metric and a goal for their area. They also already have payroll dollar goals but nobody talks about them outside of the STL/LODs. It is still important to make payroll hours every month, but they will kill a store that does not make their yearly payroll dollars as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back