Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired as a TL and was told on hiring that I'd have a set schedule. I've been there four weeks. My schedule has changed three times. Closing weekend? Nope, you're opening. Off this week end? Nope, you're closing. Off on Wednesdays? Nope, you're off on Thursday this week.

WTF? I dealt with the first two, but today I went to HR ETL about the last screw up and was told, "Well, just go to your peers and switch schedules with them," to which I replied, "Do I have a set schedule or not? Because if I don't, then accept my resignation." He said, "Just deal with it for now and I'll try to get future schedules resolved. But you have to let me know as soon as you see a problem." Right. I did that already.

The fact is that you are in retail in 2014 under the aegis of guest focused scheduling.
There is no such thing as a set schedule.
The bad bad managers will lie to you in order to get you on board.

Interesting, but unimportant. I've raised the YTD conversion from below 1% to over 3% in the month I've been here. It's really bad bad managers' choice, isn't it? I don't have to work at Target. They may be able to lie to get me on board, but they cannot lie to keep me on board.

Hello, 4th quarter!

Interesting, but unimportant. I've raised the YTD conversion from below 1% to over 3% in the month I've been here. It's really bad bad managers' choice, isn't it? I don't have to work at Target. They may be able to lie to get me on board, but they cannot lie to keep me on board.

Hello, 4th quarter!

Aaaaannnnndddddd..... somebody isn't going to make it beyond their 90 days....

Guess we'll see if a promised set schedule is more or less important than green conversion for the year, huh?

Call in 60 days.

Guess we'll see if a promised set schedule is more or less important than green conversion for the year, huh?

Call in 60 days.

Honestly, I would not want you in my store if that is how you go about getting things you want. If you have concerns about your schedule and what is happening with it, then bring it up in a professional way to your ETL and own the solution. If you came up to me and told me "I want X or I am quitting" or "I want Y or you won't get good conversion scores" I would just want you to leave. You are under your 90 days, and I would assume that every month you would be pulling that crap instead of talking to me in a professional manner.

Call in 60 days.

Honestly, I would not want you in my store if that is how you go about getting things you want. If you have concerns about your schedule and what is happening with it, then bring it up in a professional way to your ETL and own the solution. If you came up to me and told me "I want X or I am quitting" or "I want Y or you won't get good conversion scores" I would just want you to leave. You are under your 90 days, and I would assume that every month you would be pulling that crap instead of talking to me in a professional manner.

I hate to say it but nothing but that threat gets through to the green egotistical ETL's who think they are the 2nd coming. I am still there, they are long gone, two transferred and fired and one just fired. I for one don't make empty threats.

Except that I did go to HR ETL the first two times and I worked the schedule he wrote. I own my mistakes. I expect him to own his, not tell me to "just deal with [my] mistakes."
Own the solution? The solution is that he abides by the agreement that we had when I was hired and that he "own" his mistakes.

If he suddenly dropped my pay by $1, should I own that after the third paycheck that's wrong or should he?

Quit. There's no point in you fighting the schedule war. You won't win.
I won. STL emailed me before he got on the plane today to tell me that my schedule would be corrected within 24 hours if it hadn't already been corrected.

I really wasn't nasty to anyone. I just wanted to know if they were blowing smoke or if I could trust what was promised me.

I won. STL emailed me before he got on the plane today to tell me that my schedule would be corrected within 24 hours if it hadn't already been corrected.

I really wasn't nasty to anyone. I just wanted to know if they were blowing smoke or if I could trust what was promised me.

I am glad you got what you wanted, but I guarantee in the process it has crossed their minds if its worth keeping you beyond the 90 days. I know it would have crossed mine.

Does my time always schedule people out of their availability? I swear that's a majority of the reason for the call outs in my store. Especially with school starting up again.

I'm scheduled beyond my availability AGAIN this week. And they STILL need to fix my schedule for tomorrow. Luckily in both instances it's just comp shop so I can basically do it whenever I want to.

I am glad you got what you wanted, but I guarantee in the process it has crossed their minds if its worth keeping you beyond the 90 days. I know it would have crossed mine.
Perhaps if you were more intimately involved in the process, it wouldn't cross your mind. Looks like either I'm going to be staying beyond the 90 days or they've decided to give me a raise as part of my severance pay. I was totally surprised as I thought raises only happened at the annual review.

Has anyone done alternating weeks availability using the two week form? Mine keep getting auto-denied.

Perhaps if you were more intimately involved in the process, it wouldn't cross your mind. Looks like either I'm going to be staying beyond the 90 days or they've decided to give me a raise as part of my severance pay. I was totally surprised as I thought raises only happened at the annual review.

I am glad everything worked out. However, I am disappointed that a leader for Target thought that threats of quitting was a good way to get what they wanted. Hopefully you gain the tools to handle the situation in a more professional manner, because eventually you will run into an STL who will tell you to just leave your nametag on his desk on the way out, and your scare tactics won't get the results you want.

I am glad everything worked out. However, I am disappointed that a leader for Target thought that threats of quitting was a good way to get what they wanted. Hopefully you gain the tools to handle the situation in a more professional manner, because eventually you will run into an STL who will tell you to just leave your nametag on his desk on the way out, and your scare tactics won't get the results you want.
But he was given a "schedule " when he was hired, to not have that happen - well, I'd be pissed too. It isn't right to change that after he took the job. I'm guessing it wasn't a threat, but a simple, this is what we agreed/was offered when I was hired. Either we do it, or here is my notice. Simple enough.

It goes both ways. They shouldn't wait till you threaten to quit to give you more money. Wife is going through that right now. They told her she should have let them know she was unhappy. She let them know 2 years ago! I don't think any amount of money will get her to stay.

It goes both ways. They shouldn't wait till you threaten to quit to give you more money. Wife is going through that right now. They told her she should have let them know she was unhappy. She let them know 2 years ago! I don't think any amount of money will get her to stay.

That is standard company cop out bs. They knew and for as long as they could get away with the bs they did, then act dumb when she got real with them. SOP.

For your days off, does mytime put you as "unavailable"

"Unavailable" only shows on the days on which you have no availability. If it's a day you're available but you're not scheduled, it shows "Available." If you requested the day off, it shows "Time Off." Pretty much the same as MAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back