Archived Call buttons and other misc questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the red phones, my store has Stationary, Household Paper, Domestics, Market, Home Furnishings, Luggage (which basically functions as one for seasonal), Toys, Ready to Wear, and Infants. We have call buttons for Electronics, Playstation, and Home Furnishings CB1.

I'd die hearing the reactions from my store if the hoop hut or guest assistance needed at deli ones were to be set off, they'd be priceless. Every now and then we get an "attention LOD, urgent PLU check pricing message board" message that gets some funny reactions.

I can't imagine any store big enough to need all of those :/

or any of them. Printer ink wtf why ONE SPOT???
In some stores (high risk), printer ink can be on locking peg hooks. So everytime someone needs ink, It's S3 key to the rescue

We have the seasonal phone on one end of an aisle and the seasonal call box on the other end.

Why the hell would you need a carry out at photo? Inquisitive minds need to know.

The better question is why do you need "additional cashiers to the coffee lanes"

What the bloody hell are coffee lanes? I would love to hear the one about the Colorado lanes at my store.

We have the seasonal phone on one end of an aisle and the seasonal call box on the other end.

Our seasonal call button is literally 10-15 feet away from the nearest red phone. But the phone is for sporting goods. Confuses the hell out of every noob hardlines TM.

How can one make the workbench message play? Would love to freak out some LODs... Haha
You'd reprogram a call button to that code, then when you press the call button it will go off. Or you could send them to the hoop hut and let it go to second request before clearing it with 5 seconds to go.

That's a SF nightmare.
You're the only TM on the floor early morning when a callbox goes off. You run & manage to clear it before final warning when another callbox goes off across the other side. Once again, you clear it just before final when 2 callboxes go off in different depts. You clear them one after the other when 2 more go off.....in opposite sides of the store.....
In spot, no one can hear you scream.......

So did anyone ever figure out how to trigger some of these with the Red Phones? ;)

I think I recall hitting (1) once and a something else and setting one off. But.. I don't think that's it.

So did anyone ever figure out how to trigger some of these with the Red Phones? ;)

I think I recall hitting (1) once and a something else and setting one off. But.. I don't think that's it.
Spot IT group controls red phone programming. Call boxes, the store can program them.

"Additional cashiers to the Colorado lanes."

I feel like if I did this people would instantly know it was me.

whereas if it was like "meat" or "frozen" or "home furnishing", they'd assume a call button was messed up.

Like when the pets red phone kept calling home furnishing.

what are colorado lanes

You can't program the phones at the store level, it has to be from blackbox
Sorry about the necro post though,
Which is why there is no phone in the Pets area or Furniture. The phones died.

Last edited:
On the back of the call button, there's a pair of set tiny rocker switches. Flip the top one & you're ready to program the code.
On the front - say the code is 341 - you'll hold the reset button down until it begins to flash. Next you'll hit the button 3 times, hit the reset, hit the button 4 times, hit reset again, then hit the button once followed by reset. It will then flash the entire code sequence. Turn it over & flip the switch back to the original position. Test it by hitting the button & listening for the dept.
I have a list of codes somewhere.....lemme get back to you.
Google is your friend. Yandex is sometimes mine.

png.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back