Calling off through mytime

You think they pickup? My store doesn't. Its funny because I KNOW the closing TLs are signed into the phones because they always flex about it lol.
My store just recently put up signs about dialing 9 to get a TL.

Knowing my store it probably has been possible to do that for months but they didn't bother to tell anyone.

dialing 9 to get a TL.
possible for years
Still requires Leaders to be signed into the phones under the Leader line. Rarely do they ever at my store.

I used to sign in under it because no one would answer it and then just put the calls on 80 or 81 and walkie them (basically playing operator). Now that non-Leaders can't do that, no one answers that line either lol.

The phone system hangs up on you after 3 minutes of ringing with no answer.

Still requires Leaders to be signed into the phones under the Leader line. Rarely do they ever at my store.

I used to sign in under it because no one would answer it and then just put the calls on 80 or 81 and walkie them (basically playing operator). Now that non-Leaders can't do that, no one answers that line either lol.

The phone system hangs up on you after 3 minutes of ringing with no answer.
I thought that we are automatically signed into the phone for our workcenter and have to actively log out to not receive calls.

I thought that we are automatically signed into the phone for our workcenter and have to actively log out to not receive calls.

That hasn't been true for awhile now. It was super annoying when it was a thing so I am glad it went away. I am never auto-logged in unless the last person who used my zebra didn't sign out of it the night before.

In my experience, the phone app isn't auto-logging in. You have to launch it and click the sign in button.
It does, however, log you into the phone line/queue for the areas/departments you have currently selected in myDay.

But if the Leader doesn't even bother opening the phone app, they're effectively not logged on.

I have the new call out feature. I don't know if everyone has it or if they're slowly rolling it out. Weren't we supposed to get the ability to request days off? I thought I read that somewhere.

The call off fewture will be company wide by the end of april. Theres a thing on workbench about it.
Never heard anything about time off. I think DCs have that feature though

I just noticed the feature today.

How far before your shift can you call out?

Otherwise I see TMs calling out right before hand to make sure that they can't be replaced!

Is there a minimum time though? Because hitting that button 5 minutes before shift start time is really uncool.

They just put up the signs at my store. This is great, I hardly ever call out but it sucked when I was in that car crash and my wife had to get an Uber to go tell my store since no one ever answers the phone, and that was at 6 in the evening....

Ours rolled out this week. Leaders are telling us that we still have to call in or it‘ll be a NCNS-Lite or something like that.

Is this the usual - my store is crazy or company-wide?

Ours rolled out this week. Leaders are telling us that we still have to call in or it‘ll be a NCNS-Lite or something like that.

Is this the usual - my store is crazy or company-wide
Your store should not be doing that, it's not policy and not what this new feature/program was intended for. The whole point is to not have the added hindrance of calling the store. You need to report this and escalate it. When I was with spot, my store was a pilot for this last October, and leaders will literally get the notification on their devices. They should also still be adding attendance to MPM for accountability and planning since TLs don't have the same access rights to the features as ETLs do. You can't be held accountable for a system that you're utilizing correctly. My god, they're just power-tripping. Like, it's confirmed in the system, FFS.

Not cool that TLs can't see this. There is no reason for that, it's bullshit and results in a completely unnecessary layer of easily-forgettable but very important communication. We're trusted to look at almost every imaginable piece of Target store data provided we know how to navigate Greenfield, but who called out today? Too much info! We can't handle it.

Not cool that TLs can't see this. There is no reason for that, it's bullshit and results in a completely unnecessary layer of easily-forgettable but very important communication. We're trusted to look at almost every imaginable piece of Target store data provided we know how to navigate Greenfield, but who called out today? Too much info! We can't handle it.

And on top of that, it is info an opening TL should know- how else are they going to know if the Starbucks opener called in and they need to make some calls to get someone in? Or front end call ins?

In my experience, the phone app isn't auto-logging in. You have to launch it and click the sign in button.
It does, however, log you into the phone line/queue for the areas/departments you have currently selected in myDay.

But if the Leader doesn't even bother opening the phone app, they're effectively not logged on.

From what I've heard, the new zebras will auto-log you in to the phone and I have not found a way to log out... I know a lot of leaders were given new devices.

Is this the usual - my store is crazy or company-wide?
They literally can’t make it a NCNS because when you call out online it automatically marks you as ABSENT in the system. They are trying to scare you into not using it which is wrong.

Be mindful though that attendance conversations are now going to be even more strictly enforced.

Back