Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

That sounds terrible
I like it, especially because we were always told to do OPUs first (there’s a separate line) so if the return line is like 10 people deep and then someone gets in the OPU line, after I finish with my guest I then have to help the OPU guest and people lose their shit because they were there first lol. Now we’re not even in the same place. Less guests and less stress

I wish we could have a separate line for OPU at my store :O We do Guest Service/Checkout/Photo/OPU and sometimes Drive-Ups. Usually one person scheduled Sunday-Thursday. We get two people on Fridays and Saturdays, though. 👍

Edit: We're not a Super, though. Just a regular, tiny Target.

Our photo center was demolished :p turned into OPU separate from guest service

Did you atleast keep the kiosk and printer? The 1 hour photo thing was just a waste of space, the 4x6 would handle most, everything else can be printed offsite and delivered the next day.

I wish ours were gone too.
Why? It was getting used, no? I am all for stream lining things, but it wouldn't have annoyed you unless people took advantage of the service, and getting rid of a service that people use is stupid, just like clearancing out popular products.

So are advocate numbers working for closing the lanes yet?
You still have to be coded as supervisor in POS under GSTL functions but any guest advocate can be keyed as supervisor. Did it last night

Why? It was getting used, no? I am all for stream lining things, but it wouldn't have annoyed you unless people took advantage of the service, and getting rid of a service that people use is stupid, just like clearancing out popular products.

It almost definitely was not worth the money. Photo does not have minimum hour requirements. Guests constantly needed help using the kiosks, pulling TMs from the often backed up service desk. And God forbid a problem with the printers came up, it could turn into an hour long troubleshooting process. Ultimately, OPU space requirements and payroll hours determined that the space held by Photo were more profitable used elsewhere.

It almost definitely was not worth the money. Photo does not have minimum hour requirements. Guests constantly needed help using the kiosks, pulling TMs from the often backed up service desk. And God forbid a problem with the printers came up, it could turn into an hour long troubleshooting process. Ultimately, OPU space requirements and payroll hours determined that the space held by Photo were more profitable used elsewhere.
At least at our store photo is very profitable. We have a ™ who’s a photo wizard who keeps everything in order, though.

The margins are insane there— the paper and ink is dirt cheap.

We’re losing ours in an upcoming remodel though :(

I actually kind of miss photo. We were the only target in our area with working kiosks and knowledgeable team members. We also made tons of money especially on holidays.

It went away with the remodel. Guests still ask about it every week.

I actually kind of miss photo. We were the only target in our area with working kiosks and knowledgeable team members. We also made tons of money especially on holidays.

It went away with the remodel. Guests still ask about it every week.
That’s our store. We know what we’re doing and we also make a lot of money on it

When you are the only one scheduled at the service desk on a busy day and multi people need help with the "self-service" photo kiosk.....it is a problem.

Last edited:
When you are the only one scheduled at the service desk on a busy day and multi people need help with the "self-service" photo kiosk it is a problem.
That’s why Corp needs to understand ASANTS. At my store GS doesnt own photo since photo isn’t at GS, so we don’t need to get rid of it. Other stores should.

Back