Guest Services Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Dog

Honk honk
So are advocate numbers working for closing the lanes yet?
You still have to be coded as supervisor in POS under GSTL functions but any guest advocate can be keyed as supervisor. Did it last night

Why? It was getting used, no? I am all for stream lining things, but it wouldn't have annoyed you unless people took advantage of the service, and getting rid of a service that people use is stupid, just like clearancing out popular products.
It almost definitely was not worth the money. Photo does not have minimum hour requirements. Guests constantly needed help using the kiosks, pulling TMs from the often backed up service desk. And God forbid a problem with the printers came up, it could turn into an hour long troubleshooting process. Ultimately, OPU space requirements and payroll hours determined that the space held by Photo were more profitable used elsewhere.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
It almost definitely was not worth the money. Photo does not have minimum hour requirements. Guests constantly needed help using the kiosks, pulling TMs from the often backed up service desk. And God forbid a problem with the printers came up, it could turn into an hour long troubleshooting process. Ultimately, OPU space requirements and payroll hours determined that the space held by Photo were more profitable used elsewhere.
At least at our store photo is very profitable. We have a ™ who’s a photo wizard who keeps everything in order, though.

The margins are insane there— the paper and ink is dirt cheap.

We’re losing ours in an upcoming remodel though :(

I actually kind of miss photo. We were the only target in our area with working kiosks and knowledgeable team members. We also made tons of money especially on holidays.

It went away with the remodel. Guests still ask about it every week.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
I actually kind of miss photo. We were the only target in our area with working kiosks and knowledgeable team members. We also made tons of money especially on holidays.

It went away with the remodel. Guests still ask about it every week.
That’s our store. We know what we’re doing and we also make a lot of money on it

Why? It was getting used, no? I am all for stream lining things, but it wouldn't have annoyed you unless people took advantage of the service, and getting rid of a service that people use is stupid, just like clearancing out popular products.
When you are the only one scheduled at the service desk on a busy day and multi people need help with the "self-service" photo kiosk.....it is a problem.

Last edited:

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
When you are the only one scheduled at the service desk on a busy day and multi people need help with the "self-service" photo kiosk it is a problem.
That’s why Corp needs to understand ASANTS. At my store GS doesnt own photo since photo isn’t at GS, so we don’t need to get rid of it. Other stores should.

If I could plunk it in electronics I would. I'd have that printer fine tuned to a t. Buuuut... No I am not going to crop all 40 pics of your first grandsons visit for you.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
But why would you need it?
Probably the same reason GSAs needed it before. I’m sure there are still going to me key guest advocates that are still treated as GSAs and expected to act as such. Or possibly the opening guest advocate should checking for communication from the S&E TL for any special things or what not.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
I am one of those but most GSAs (and now those of us coded w numbers) never used email before. Strictly a TL and above thing.
Weird. When I was gstl my STL and myself always included the GSAs in the closing emails and sent them any important communication. I also liked them to use it to send me any communication about when they closed.

Dog

Honk honk
I used email a lot as a GSA just to communicate things that I found on Workbench (my TL and other GSAs didn’t use the computer at work much) or things that I thought needed to be addressed (team issues, equipment issues, projects to work on, etc.. no one ever really responded and I wasn’t included in emails that were sent to leadership for sure but I do feel that it did give me an edge over GSAs because I was able to cover my ass for things

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Taytay let me know RTS issues should be resolved so do one more audit and it *should* be good from today on. Call CSC with order number and hold location if it happens again. I’ll cofnirm it’s working tomorrow.