Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Well, now I feel really stupid! I reread the return policy it it doesn’t say you can’t return collectibles, just opened or damaged collectables. I honestly thought I had read that you couldn’t return them at all.

Well, now I feel really stupid! I reread the return policy it it doesn’t say you can’t return collectibles, just opened or damaged collectables. I honestly thought I had read that you couldn’t return them at all.
I don’t think trading cards can be returned. Or maybe it’s just gift cards? My brain is fried.

My understanding is that Kodak has been in bankruptcy or teetering on Bankruptcy since 2012 and their multi year contracts with Target were up. Because they couldn't guarantee the continued support and system updates, Target choose not to renew the contract and were phasing them out during remodels (or earlier if systems broke down and needed replacing before the remodel) regardless of the profits or lack of profits from the center. At our store we hated it due to jams and break downs but it probably broke even, even in the worst of times and encouraged a fair amount of foot traffic as guest waited for their photos or came in specifically for photo's and then shopped afterwards.

That’s our store. We know what we’re doing and we also make a lot of money on it

Like two or three TMs at my store know, but we KNOW it. Except for posters and the duplex printer.

Me:
Kodak: PAPER JAM
Me: *fixes*
Me: you good now?
Kodak: ya
Me:
Kodak:
Me:
Kodak:
Me:
Kodak: PAPER JAM

Me: *pulls the mf'ing paper .Again. This time it is actually crinkled. Cut, refeed machine.*
Kodak: Ribbon checking
Ribbon checking
ERROR

My understanding is that Kodak has been in bankruptcy or teetering on Bankruptcy since 2012 and their multi year contracts with Target were up. Because they couldn't guarantee the continued support and system updates, Target choose not to renew the contract and were phasing them out during remodels (or earlier if systems broke down and needed replacing before the remodel) regardless of the profits or lack of profits from the center. At our store we hated it due to jams and break downs but it probably broke even, even in the worst of times and encouraged a fair amount of foot traffic as guest waited for their photos or came in specifically for photo's and then shopped afterwards.
We've replaced the Prints in seconds pronter at least 5-10 times in the last year and a half....

Just wondering, how many cart attendants does your store have? I just got called in and asked to work a cart attendant shift tonight instead of self-checkout, probably because our cart attendant called out. At my store, there's one cart attendant who can only work afternoon shifts, and we just hired a new cart attendant to presumably work evenings, I don't know his availability though.

I get that I could have just said no to taking the shift, but I am willing to work with the scheduling temporarily since one of the old cart attendants quit just before the MyTime outage, meaning he was still scheduled for tonight. I'm just hoping that this will be resolved soon and another cart attendant will be hired. How frequently have you guys been asked to fill in as a cart attendant and did you ever express that you didn't prefer to work on carts to leadership?

What do you guys do about the guys that come in and buy 40 Hotweels then return all them. Then they go straight back and buy 40 more. I think they must be resellers.

I don't mind them as much as I mind the baseball card guys. Verbally abusing my Service Advocate isn't going to make the FOS DBO stock them any faster.

Just wondering, how many cart attendants does your store have? I just got called in and asked to work a cart attendant shift tonight instead of self-checkout, probably because our cart attendant called out. At my store, there's one cart attendant who can only work afternoon shifts, and we just hired a new cart attendant to presumably work evenings, I don't know his availability though.

I get that I could have just said no to taking the shift, but I am willing to work with the scheduling temporarily since one of the old cart attendants quit just before the MyTime outage, meaning he was still scheduled for tonight. I'm just hoping that this will be resolved soon and another cart attendant will be hired. How frequently have you guys been asked to fill in as a cart attendant and did you ever express that you didn't prefer to work on carts to leadership?

i have three cart attendants (with two more who are on LOA)

personally i love doing carts so i try to put myself outside more than my team when we have gaps in coverage

i have three cart attendants (with two more who are on LOA)

personally i love doing carts so i try to put myself outside more than my team when we have gaps in coverage
Cart attendant just isn't for me, I prefer to stay indoors and I hate cleaning bathrooms and the garbage, which is why I prefer to keep cart attendant shifts to a minimum. I'm assuming that I was kind of a last resort since I was scheduled for self-checkout and they would have preferred a team member who wasn't scheduled to fill in, but nobody else was willing, leaving me to voluntarily pick up the slack.

Cart attendant just isn't for me, I prefer to stay indoors and I hate cleaning bathrooms and the garbage, which is why I prefer to keep cart attendant shifts to a minimum. I'm assuming that I was kind of a last resort since I was scheduled for self-checkout and they would have preferred a team member who wasn't scheduled to fill in, but nobody else was willing, leaving me to voluntarily pick up the slack.

please follow up with your leader and tell them that you aren't comfortable working carts. if i've called you in before to do carts and you've said yes without complaint, i'd just assume you're cool with doing it. i'm sure it won't be a problem, just talk to your leader.

please follow up with your leader and tell them that you aren't comfortable working carts. if i've called you in before to do carts and you've said yes without complaint, i'd just assume you're cool with doing it. i'm sure it won't be a problem, just talk to your leader.
This ^ I will schedule people as cart attendants if they have done it before and don’t complain about it. Once you tell me you don’t like it I promise I won’t schedule you as one anymore! And as far as restroom clean ups - if you aren’t keyed as a ~front of store attendant~ we have Food Ave clean up. They’re the only ones up front besides the SETLs who are qualified to do the clean ups.

Pro tip - HR had to rekey all former GSAs with the basic HazMat training, not the bloodbourne training. If you’re a former GSA and they ask you to clean up a mess you can now politely decline 😊

We have four in active service, plus myself and one other team member who are trained but not actively serving in that role presently. For a long time, I was the go-to guy when there was a cart attendant call-off. My medical restriction that doesn't allow me to be exposed to cold for extended periods of time means that I can't do carts for a good portion of the year. When the temperatures are reasonable though, I can still do it with the best of them. (Not saying that I enjoy it, but I am still as good or better than the current cart team.)

Just spoke to the ETL in charge of the front end today, he said that since the new cart attendant will be starting next week, I won't be regularly scheduled as a cart attendant EXCEPT in emergency situations if there is a call-out. It's not ideal that there will only be two cart attendants since it would be difficult to expect no call-outs throughout the year. The ETL said he can't operate without a cart attendant and he was "begging" me to be flexible and fill-in in emergency situations.

Well, I'm back into the cart attendant rotation for now. One cart attendant was fired, and one is going to be going away to college at the end of the summer. They asked me if I would take cart shifts until replacements are hired and trained. More hours for me. Yay-ish.

I may be extremely late to the train but I just noticed a few days ago that if you scan someone’s cartwheel barcode and they forgot to add their redcard and they go in and add their card after you can just scan it again and it’ll add the payment rather than saying “cartwheel savings already applied to transaction” so yee haw..

That's fairly new. It wasn't working for me last Thursday. Glad it works now!!

I may be extremely late to the train but I just noticed a few days ago that if you scan someone’s cartwheel barcode and they forgot to add their redcard and they go in and add their card after you can just scan it again and it’ll add the payment rather than saying “cartwheel savings already applied to transaction” so yee haw..
Oh my! I REALLY HOPE THIS WORKS!!

WAIT REALLY OMG THIS IS A GAME CHANGER

My electronics phone hasn't rung back to the zebras since we started redirecting to the zebras. After about 15 rings the base station relents and picks up the phone asking for the answering system password.

Back