Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

But you can’t print to WB printer can you?
No I honestly don’t see a ton of useful applications for it but I’m at a small format and computers are a hot commodity so I’ve used it a couple times to verify a transaction went through or once to pull up someone’s purchase receipt that they lost so I could give them the full amount back and verify it was within the return policy. There’s not a ton of reasons to use it without the need to print the receipt off but it’s a somewhat useful thing

The email thing is going to bite me specifically because my GE cannot remember to order anything (especially cash office) if it is not in an email. Other than that my TL will be annoyed (she’s still annoyed I can’t access myTime), but she can just tell me anything major, I guess.

My CO Tm juses it to email me supplies she needs. You’re also supposed to email sales audit when there’s an issue during the day. Obviously you can flag down a leader to send the email but easier if the CO Tm could do it
I was never told to email sales audit if there was a problem, just give the info to my ETL.

We have a guest advocate act as GSA every night to close. They always send an email. I wonder why they would take away their email. They’re just going to have to write notes every night then.

We have a guest advocate act as GSA every night to close. They always send an email. I wonder why they would take away their email. They’re just going to have to write notes every night then.
Because Microsoft charges $5 a user per month, and although I am sure they have some deal to make it cheaper, it is still some money that almost all advocates won't use.

I am curious because I was a GA and got an email but am now GM, I wonder if it will go away

what are they communicating in that email that's absolutely vital tho? we used to have a closing email but i stopped having them write it for a number of reasons, but mostly because there wasn't any important information being communicated and it was a waste of time. anything that's super important/business critical is just communicated to me and my etl by the closing TL, but we honestly haven't even come across that yet.

what are they communicating in that email that's absolutely vital tho? we used to have a closing email but i stopped having them write it for a number of reasons, but mostly because there wasn't any important information being communicated and it was a waste of time. anything that's super important/business critical is just communicated to me and my etl by the closing TL, but we honestly haven't even come across that yet.
I close every night so I feel like I literally never see my TL or ETL (my TL works only opening shifts and my ETL is not really actually ever on the front end) and neither of them were working for the past 5 days so I was solely responsible for pretty much everything on the front end during that time and it’s nice to have email in cases like that so that I can say “hey I did x y and z that you guys asked me to do but not a b c” and “hey just wanted to let you know that I observed so and so take an extra 10-15 minutes on their 15 minute breaks 3 times this weekend and think that you might need to have a conversation with them” etc I understand this is a pretty unique situation and I’m not upset that they are taking my email access away but this is why I would potentially need it even if you don’t run the front end at your store this way

I close every night so I feel like I literally never see my TL or ETL (my TL works only opening shifts and my ETL is not really actually ever on the front end) and neither of them were working for the past 5 days so I was solely responsible for pretty much everything on the front end during that time and it’s nice to have email in cases like that so that I can say “hey I did x y and z that you guys asked me to do but not a b c” and “hey just wanted to let you know that I observed so and so take an extra 10-15 minutes on their 15 minute breaks 3 times this weekend and think that you might need to have a conversation with them” etc I understand this is a pretty unique situation and I’m not upset that they are taking my email access away but this is why I would potentially need it even if you don’t run the front end at your store this way

those are things the closing TL should be communicating with the rest of the leadership team anyway though

Anyone else have issues with recall items and the slip they are supposed to print? I had a guest at self-checkout today buying a set of Contigo water bottles, but the POS said they were on recall, and needed the supervisor numbers. The GSTL was in the backroom and it took him a while to make his way to self-checkout and then the POS didn't even accept his numbers for some reason, resulting in the guest needing to start over and I helped her scan her items. It was inconvenient for the guest and I'm wondering what happened with that situation.

Anyone else have issues with recall items and the slip they are supposed to print? I had a guest at self-checkout today buying a set of Contigo water bottles, but the POS said they were on recall, and needed the supervisor numbers. The GSTL was in the backroom and it took him a while to make his way to self-checkout and then the POS didn't even accept his numbers for some reason, resulting in the guest needing to start over and I helped her scan her items. It was inconvenient for the guest and I'm wondering what happened with that situation.
It just continually prompts for supervisor numbers even when already entered, right? We’ve had this issue for not all, but a good amount of recalled items over the past few months. Back when the iceberg lettuce was recalled and I think tyson chicken nuggets, I first noticed it. I did just have the issue with the contigo like you mentioned I think late last week.

At the time of the Iceberg lettuce recall, we called CSC and they said it was a known issue and they were working for a fix... guess it still isn’t fixed. Yay.

It just continually prompts for supervisor numbers even when already entered, right? We’ve had this issue for not all, but a good amount of recalled items over the past few months. Back when the iceberg lettuce was recalled and I think tyson chicken nuggets, I first noticed it. I did just have the issue with the contigo like you mentioned I think late last week.

At the time of the Iceberg lettuce recall, we called CSC and they said it was a known issue and they were working for a fix... guess it still isn’t fixed. Yay.
Yep, it continually prompted for the supervisor numbers even when it entered like you said. It's unfortunate that it appears it hasn't been fixed yet, but I'll keep that in mind and tell the guest that they will have to start over if this were to happen again.

i don’t have my guest advocates “running the front” if i’m not there. if there was supposed to be a gsa, there would be a gsa. i expect them to stay at sco or gs.
Definitely, ASANTS. At my store no one really runs the front when a SETL isn't there. We just all kind of look out for things. The SCO TM has a zebra while cashiers don't, so SCO is the first responder for cashiers who need someone to look up something in price match or whatever. Cashiers also don't have walkies, so SCO is expected to help with that as well. But, if SCO is busy, we just have everyone else look out for each other and work things out as we go. It's really everyone always keep your eyes open: look for any blinkers, monitor the lines, and act accordingly when you see an issue.
Our store is still having someone run the front, even when the TL is there.
I had read somewhere (here or maybe r/Target) that full Modernization called for the practice of anyone below an SETL watching the lanes to go away, but my store still does this.
I wouldn't say I was coached about this, but I hopped on a lane to clear a quick backup (only took like two guests with easy stuff to scan and bag – no produce) instead of bothering the sales floor, and the SETL walked by and asked me why I was on a lane and not watching the front and I'm like, "it was just easier" and they're like, "watch the front and call for backup."
So IDK. I guess I'm watching the front lol.
🤪😕🤷‍♂️

I had read somewhere (here or maybe r/Target) that full Modernization called for the practice of anyone below an SETL watching the lanes to go away, but my store still does this.
I wouldn't say I was coached about this, but I hopped on a lane to clear a quick backup (only took like two guests with easy stuff to scan and bag – no produce) instead of bothering the sales floor, and the SETL walked by and asked me why I was on a lane and not watching the front and I'm like, "it was just easier" and they're like, "watch the front and call for backup."
🤪😕🤷‍♂️
That's old style, not new system.

🤪😕🤷‍♂️
Your SETL is in the wrong they should be watching the front if anyone rather than you “watching the front” while they go off and do whatever and bug the sales floor for backup when it’s not necessary

Back