Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

The advocates formerly known as Guest Service Team Members.

As an aside my code was recently changed back to Service Advocate from Checkout Advocate. Either my store figured out who is better and where... or i was coded incorrectly as a checkout Advocate. I can't hack it as a CA... i mean, i can, but I'm miserable at it.
Same for me too
everyone is supposed to be keyed as a checkout advocate as their primary job, service advocate is only supposed to be a secondary job. (that was the same with cashier vs. service desk as well)
My store has former SDTMs coded as SA primary

soo... when the june addendum said guest advocates will have access to overrides. did they mean like the emergency override code, or the actual supervisor approvals?

soo... when the june addendum said guest advocates will have access to overrides. did they mean like the emergency override code, or the actual supervisor approvals?
Supervisor numbers give you access to the emergency override code. It changes daily so you would need to check as needed. I’ve had supervisor numbers for over 5 years (I work in HR) but I’ve opened/closed as a GSA several times over those 5 years and I’ve only ever needed to get the override code a handful of times.

Question for those of you with GSTL #s. Are you running the front the way a SETL would when an SETL isn't around or is off or are you on SCO and running to help a fellow TM. We almost always have someone "running the front" when the SETL is off. I am just wondering if this is an ASANTS thing.

I was running the front this AM when our District manager come in for a visit. I'm guessing it was a surprise because I am sure my ETL would have reminded me about 100 things before the DSD arrived.

Question for those of you with GSTL #s. Are you running the front the way a SETL would when an SETL isn't around or is off or are you on SCO and running to help a fellow TM. We almost always have someone "running the front" when the SETL is off. I am just wondering if this is an ASANTS thing.

I was running the front this AM when our District manager come in for a visit. I'm guessing it was a surprise because I am sure my ETL would have reminded me about 100 things before the DSD arrived.
at my store guest advocates are expected to hold their own (though many don't, and just call the nearest GSTM)

i don’t have my guest advocates “running the front” if i’m not there. if there was supposed to be a gsa, there would be a gsa. i expect them to stay at sco or gs.

Definitely, ASANTS. At my store no one really runs the front when a SETL isn't there. We just all kind of look out for things. The SCO TM has a zebra while cashiers don't, so SCO is the first responder for cashiers who need someone to look up something in price match or whatever. Cashiers also don't have walkies, so SCO is expected to help with that as well. But, if SCO is busy, we just have everyone else look out for each other and work things out as we go. It's really everyone always keep your eyes open: look for any blinkers, monitor the lines, and act accordingly when you see an issue.

The GSAs at my store are still running the front and we have coverage at all times for the most part. STL and DTL want a presence in front of lanes and helping out when needed here.

The GSAs at my store are still running the front and we have coverage at all times for the most part. STL and DTL want a presence in front of lanes and helping out when needed here.
We lost all but one GSA and she only works like 2 days a week. There are a few of us who were/are treated like GSAs but were never coded or paid to be one. It's been useful to do it this way with the new batch of advocates.

We lost all but one GSA and she only works like 2 days a week. There are a few of us who were/are treated like GSAs but were never coded or paid to be one. It's been useful to do it this way with the new batch of advocates.
Technically, no GSA was paid to be one since cashiers and GSAs got the same pay anyway. Yeah, it’s working for us right now. I don’t know if it will stay this way, but I think they like having us in charge and teaching still while our front end is still in major transition. We are a mess. We are working on performancing people out and have got a few, but unfortunately our new hires seem uninterested.

Our store is still having someone run the front, even when the TL is there.

On SCO and running breaks, change, etc.

i don’t have my guest advocates “running the front” if i’m not there. if there was supposed to be a gsa, there would be a gsa. i expect them to stay at sco or gs.
Then I want to come work for you because, as a former GSA, I am constantly being pulled to run the front. It’s ridiculously inefficient and takes a person from wherever I’m scheduled that day. I rejoice when I’m scheduled in the CO because they can’t pull me from there ... at least not until I get out.

That said, when they do that, I do one of two things: put the SCO person on a lane and act as the SCO is supposed to, or I get on a lane myself and let them “run the front”—again, as they’re supposed to. They can’t own/learn the process without the opportunity to do so.

Last edited:
Back