Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Who else knew you could park calls on the Cisco phone by doing
transfer
80/81 etc
transfer

instead of 2180 etc? It’s much easier to remember, you’re literally putting the call on 80. You still need to dial 2280 to pick it up though.

@Hardlinesmaster if anyone knew this trick it would be you ;)
Did you actually confirm it works? You can also transfer it backwards. You can transfer to 2280 and it has to be picked up on 2180

transfer
80/81 etc
transfer

instead of 2180 etc? It’s much easier to remember, you’re literally putting the call on 80. You still need to dial 2280 to pick it up though.

That is how I was taught to do it when I was first taught to answer the phones. I didn’t know you could even do it the other way

transfer
80/81 etc
transfer

The info is on workbench. @gsa4lyfe, I didn’t know about going backwards way.

Yes, that's how we transfer now... 80 puts it on 2280
It’s backwards at least last I checked on the mydevice. We get a lot of new TMs tell me I have a call on 2280 but it’s not there. I check 2180 and it’s there. They’re new and get it mixed up and sometimes transfer the call by hitting 2280 instead of 2180. I was just saying it’ll always go opposite whatever you park it on.

Anyone else get the new official MyCheckout carts at their store? We got 2 in last week and they’re pretty cool.

Edit: I think we’re piloting them since we’re a tier 1 BTC store and a small format with 6 registers

Last edited:
According to the updates in Rev Log this week you no longer have to call target to get details on a marketplace return. You can now scan the item in the Rev Log app and it will provide you with all the details needed to return the item to the vendor. Hope it works!

According to the updates in Rev Log this week you no longer have to call target to get details on a marketplace return. You can now scan the item in the Rev Log app and it will provide you with all the details needed to return the item to the vendor. Hope it works!
Why can’t it just print on the slip??? But that’s still better.

So instead of hiring cashiers, we are wasting money on this? And I suppose someone got a huge promotion for thinking of this bullshit? Pathetic.
Right? The guests that this will be used for are the ones who are only buying a few items but are too entitled to use the SCO. “I need to have someone wait on me so that I feel special.”

Meanwhile I’m standing at SCO with 3 out of 4 registers not being used. 🙄

So instead of hiring cashiers, we are wasting money on this? And I suppose someone got a huge promotion for thinking of this bullshit? Pathetic.
Where are you going to put the cashier? Also you need a cashier to use this? These are for when all your registers are open and you still need more. This requires more cashiers not less....

We are just using the robot. The pmt put the bag holders on it. It's nice because you can securely store/hoard the good printer LOL.

Where are you going to put the cashier? Also you need a cashier to use this? These are for when all your registers are open and you still need more. This requires more cashiers not less....

I can only speak for the Target stores I've worked at. The only day I've seen all the registers open are on whatever day they are calling Black Friday now. Our busiest time of the day at my current store, 11-2, we usually have only 2 cashiers. Kind of defeats the purpose to have 15 regular cash registers and 8 sco's if we don't use them. Why not RIP out all those cash registers, get 15 of those cute little carts, and just use them?

I can only speak for the Target stores I've worked at. The only day I've seen all the registers open are on whatever day they are calling Black Friday now. Our busiest time of the day at my current store, 11-2, we usually have only 2 cashiers. Kind of defeats the purpose to have 15 regular cash registers and 8 sco's if we don't use them. Why not RIP out all those cash registers, get 15 of those cute little carts, and just use them?
Because the carts aren’t for day to day use. These are for stores that are busy and register constrained. These aren’t designed for every store and if/when every store gets them they’ll only be used on Black Friday in most stores. My last store was a 65M store with only 10 registers so we had every register open almost every Saturday. I now work at a 32M small format with only 6 registers and were slated as one of the top 30 busiest BTC stores so we were given these carts to help supplement the projected craziness come August. These are a temporary solution for peeks that don’t make sense to put in more registers.

Because the carts aren’t for day to day use. These are for stores that are busy and register constrained. These aren’t designed for every store and if/when every store gets them they’ll only be used on Black Friday in most stores. My last store was a 65M store with only 10 registers so we had every register open almost every Saturday. I now work at a 32M small format with only 6 registers and were slated as one of the top 30 busiest BTC stores so we were given these carts to help supplement the projected craziness come August. These are a temporary solution for peeks that don’t make sense to put in more registers.

i just dont get why my GVP is pushing line busting. i have 20 checklanes in my pfresh store, lack of registers isn’t the issue

Back