Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Check with your leads. Legally you have to accept it.
I have and we are told not to accept them. The policy is a valid picture ID and that is what we require. If they have the paper and another form of ID that has a picture on it then we will look at making an exception. Since there is no photo then we can't guarantee they are that person.

I was just reading the acceptable forms of ID paperwork the other day. A current photo ID is required to purchase any age restricted item. A temporary (paper) ID is accepted only for returns.

I denied an alcohol sale this week to a lady “seriously? I’m 45 years old!” because she doesn’t carry ID. I sure hope karma meets up with her as she’s out driving one day. 😉
Our state does not have a photo on them and we will not accept a temp. We just tell them they can come back when they get their ID, which is usually within ten days. In my experience, I have had pretty scammy people using those for ID. Same if someone gives me their ID and I can clearly see it is not them in the photo - no return for you.

So apparently they disabled the fitting room (now GS) phone sidecar??? Like the one useful thing on the phone.

But now our Paging Access button is gone. The TSC phone added it automatically to the main screen, but ours didn’t. Anyone know how to make that happen?
In addition to this, what do we do when we hear “ding dong *store location*”? I know it’s INDYME, I just don’t know what to do

So apparently they disabled the fitting room (now GS) phone sidecar??? Like the one useful thing on the phone.

But now our Paging Access button is gone. The TSC phone added it automatically to the main screen, but ours didn’t. Anyone know how to make that happen?
I had to call about our fitting room phone acting wonky and they honestly said to try and unplug it and plug it back in, that should reset it 🙃
In addition to this, what do we do when we hear “ding dong *store location*”? I know it’s INDYME, I just don’t know what to do
Literally hit any button to talk to them but if nobody is there just grab a walkie and let the Team know an indyme is going off in _______.

I had to call about our fitting room phone acting wonky and they honestly said to try and unplug it and plug it back in, that should reset it 🙃

Literally hit any button to talk to them but if nobody is there just grab a walkie and let the Team know an indyme is going off in _______.
Ok thanks! Unplugging phone didn’t help :(

Our phone had two side menus, there was a 1 and 2 button that flipped between them. The page button was on only one of those menus. Try flipping the side menu and see if it was just on the wrong menu.

For baby stuff it's usually from a shower. Keep in mind you can return through the guests registry regardless of whether items were purchased through the registry or not. It will still stick the refund on a merch card, but it doesn't count against the guest
I always ask if they have a registry when returning a bunch of baby stuff. It also does a regular gift card not merch last I knew

Conflicting info in Target's policy ....key in the birthday or scan the ID?

I've always been told to scan but sometimes keying would be so much easier, especially when the guest's ID is jammed in their wallet and they can't easily get it out.

Conflicting info in Target's policy ....key in the birthday or scan the ID?

I've always been told to scan but sometimes keying would be so much easier, especially when the guest's ID is jammed in their wallet and they can't easily get it out.
Our registers aren’t set up to scan the ID. If you scan it does nothing. We have to key in the date of birth.

It says if the state considers the temporary ID to be valid ID, it can be used. So really, to follow Target's policy, the TM would have to read the paper ID to verify it is legally valid.

And at the end of the day do we all feel better about our selves for denying a guest their opu of smartly paper plates and bottle of dish soap?

The other day a pregnant woman was picking up a $300 stroller or car seat and wasn't on the order as an alternate. I knew this by looking at her ID. It took all of 1-2 minutes for her to call her friend and be added as an alternate. If she was scamming her friend, who would have gotten into trouble for it. I'll let the husband pick up the wife's order of paper plates and dish soap, but there is a point where rules come before convenience.

I always tell guests listen I don’t really care at all but next time you might be helped by someone who really cares about the rules and won’t let this slide so make sure next time you’re added as an alternate.

I always tell guests listen I don’t really care at all but next time you might be helped by someone who really cares about the rules and won’t let this slide so make sure next time you’re added as an alternate.
I actually don’t like this... because then the guest really can say “but last time they let me!!!”

Same last name, or maiden name forgot to change, I’m ok with a reminder for next time, but not if it’s some rando

Back