Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

We are empowered to hit K1 and allow the guest to exchange from same department if POS allows but that’s it, also empowered to deny there if we suspect anything.

My old store had a ton of return fraud.

Here is what it does:

Refund as merchandise card
Exchange for any items
Exchange for same department
Exchange for same class
Exchange for same item
"Refund declined, give merchandise back"

I have seen all of those.

The last one doesn't even get an option for override.

I myself returned a $50 worth and a few months later returned $100 worth and got a merch card because of my Red Card and how much I spend. I am actually going to try and return two items (each $10) today but exchange for same item. We will see if that works. It basically looks at how much you spend but if you have a redcard it usually goes through.

Also make sure you actually look at the ID. I had a guy try to use his 2 year old sons passport and claim it was him. Also had someone with a piece of paper ID and when I denied pulled out his legit ID.

Boy have I seen it all. I even had someone take a $700 TV off the floor and try to return it with her fukin ID.

My new store is just a ton of Karens, no scams or fraud, just angry old people

My old store had a ton of return fraud.

Here is what it does:

Refund as merchandise card
Exchange for any items
Exchange for same department
Exchange for same class
Exchange for same item
"Refund declined, give merchandise back"

I have seen all of those.

The last one doesn't even get an option for override.

I myself returned a $50 worth and a few months later returned $100 worth and got a merch card because of my Red Card and how much I spend. I am actually going to try and return two items (each $10) today but exchange for same item. We will see if that works. It basically looks at how much you spend but if you have a redcard it usually goes through.

Also make sure you actually look at the ID. I had a guy try to use his 2 year old sons passport and claim it was him. Also had someone with a piece of paper ID and when I denied pulled out his legit ID.

Boy have I seen it all. I even had someone take a $700 TV off the floor and try to return it with her fukin ID.

My new store is just a ton of Karens, no scams or fraud, just angry old people

Same class? What does this mean? Same dept? As in A, B, C, etc?

Thanks for the ID tip. That is something I need to work on. I don't think my store has a lot of major fraud, I don't think. There is a good amount of people buying something and shoving their old one in the box to return it. Most of our returns are Karens buying things, trying them at home and returning them.

FYI— Per Corp (see workbench), we are NOT to match any amazon prime day deals or lightning deals. July 15-16.

Can a regular advocate read workbench? Can you read it on a my device?

So what do you say to someone when it says same dept or class? When does that pop up?

The link is asking me to log in via my microsoft account???

1) same department really only pops up for electronics and baby formula. just tell them they have to do an even exchange for the same or a similar item.

2) you can only access Workbench from in the store, either via a myDevice or from a workbench pc.
when you go to log in, use your team member number @target.com (12345678@target.com) and then it'll take you to a page to log in with your TM number and password.

That's always been policy, though, hasn't it? At least Prime? It has to be sold directly by Amazon, for a regularly available price, no memberships required, and not an "add to cart to see the deal".
Yes— however we’re empowered to make it right if need be. For prime day, Corp has said to specifically NOT “make it right”.

If they recently went to DMV to renew their license or change addresses, the valid ID *is* the paper one until the new plastic card gets mailed to them. Gotta love this whole REAL-ID thing.
I won't accept the paper ID as it is temporary and there is no picture on it.

I was just reading the acceptable forms of ID paperwork the other day. A current photo ID is required to purchase any age restricted item. A temporary (paper) ID is accepted only for returns.

I denied an alcohol sale this week to a lady “seriously? I’m 45 years old!” because she doesn’t carry ID. I sure hope karma meets up with her as she’s out driving one day. 😉

Ok well I have denied it multiple times due to them being fake.

I have had two of them in my old state and they are printed on a special paper and the ones guests showed me were fak
Yeah, they are definitely a different paper and have security imprints as well. I never actually paid attention to it until this discussion, and just happen to have a temp on hand at the moment :)

Yeah, they are definitely a different paper and have security imprints as well. I never actually paid attention to it until this discussion, and just happen to have a temp on hand at the moment :)

I guess it varies a ton by state. My old state (Colorado) is a paper with info and a sticker in the middle and you peel it off and fold it in half and it makes a temp ID. I guess some states don't even have pics on their temps. CO temps look exactly like the normal ones except its B&W and has a big watermark with the expiration date. Time will tell what my new states looks like when I feel like going down to the DMV lol

It just blew my mind how many people tried to take the passport of someone 10 or under and pass it off as themselves to return things. You think you've seen it all then you work another shift. At my new store I find a lot of empty packages but they are all of items less than $20. Also not much is spiderwrapped/has yellow tag. Old store had nail clippers (that cost $1) with a yellow tag. Same with pop sockets. We were such high theft yet only had an APTL and TPS but the APTL never did anything other than have friends come in and chat with them for hours on the floor and ignore walkie calls. As I was leaving the TPS was getting promoted though.

When I got to my new store the APTL left within a week so we don't have anyone rn but an AP ETL from a nearby store comes in some nights and gets on the wave and goes and looks at cameras to make sure they work ig

I've been in jobs that required verifying IDs. All the paper temporary licenses I've seen from several states all had a statement that it could not be accepted as identification. Didn't matter there was a picture, that statement was on all of them, and I saw those from about 15 states.

So apparently they disabled the fitting room (now GS) phone sidecar??? Like the one useful thing on the phone.

But now our Paging Access button is gone. The TSC phone added it automatically to the main screen, but ours didn’t. Anyone know how to make that happen?

Back