Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Deadline for changes is September. Maybe they are waiting until the last minute?
This is where the miscommunication comes in - we were told everything would take place June 1st, then that they were aiming for mid-July. I expect we will be told September soon enough then.

CFWDALL 3544. That ensures mydevices get calls first. Must be done everyday, but will not work if someone else with Cisco phone (HR) does it first.

Can you give explicit instructions on how to do that? Explain step by step to someone who has never used the phone. I get in before HR and can make that part of my morning routine if I know how.

Can you give explicit instructions on how to do that? Explain step by step to someone who has never used the phone. I get in before HR and can make that part of my morning routine if I know how.

To activate call forwarding to mydevices:
Press CFWDALL (Call Forward All). Press the numbers 3544 (my device extension).

But, partner with HR as if they do it after you, it will break. They should know how to check to see if it's already been done, but still let them know you'll be doing it.
this will cause most calls to ring on the my device, some still don't, idk why

Note: once your store gets the phone app update where each dpt signs in to the my device, I'm not sure if you should do this anymore as that may incorrectly forward calls for GS

To put a call on hold for another dpt.
1. When on a call, press Transfer (this option only appears when on a call)
2. Press the button on the right for 2280 (or 81, etc.)
3. Press Transfer again.
4. Hang up. The button for 2280 (or 81, etc.) will start flashing red-- that means it worked.
5. Call out on the walkie that the call is there.
Step 3 is critical. If you miss it, you drop the call.

To pick up a call on 2280 (or 81, etc)
Dial the numbers 2280 (or 81, etc.). The buttons on the right don't work to pick up.

Partner with HR for how to use the intercom-- I feel like that shouldn't be public lol

Last edited:
I may be extremely late to the train but I just noticed a few days ago that if you scan someone’s cartwheel barcode and they forgot to add their redcard and they go in and add their card after you can just scan it again and it’ll add the payment rather than saying “cartwheel savings already applied to transaction” so yee haw..
Thanks for the info ! Progress and improvements, hoo-ray !

also coming soon to all stores... fitting room phone is moving to GS... we're now the store operator (however, calls will auto direct to appropriate mydevices, but we have to answer any call that rings back or anyone who hits the button for operator)
OUCH AND YUCK. I’m NOT taking ANY GS shifts for sure !

I may be extremely late to the train but I just noticed a few days ago that if you scan someone’s cartwheel barcode and they forgot to add their redcard and they go in and add their card after you can just scan it again and it’ll add the payment rather than saying “cartwheel savings already applied to transaction” so yee haw..
I just tried this yesterday and it failed, so my store must have not gotten that yet :(

But, partner with HR as if they do it after you, it will break. They should know how to check to see if it's already been done, but still let them know you'll be doing it.

Note: once your store gets the phone app update where each dpt signs in to the my device, I'm not sure if you should do this anymore as that may incorrectly forward calls for GS

3. Press Transfer again.
4. Hang up. The button for 2280 (or 81, etc.) will start flashing red-- that means it worked.

Dial the numbers 2280 (or 81, etc.). The buttons on the right don't work to pick up.

Partner with HR for how to use the intercom-- I feel like that shouldn't be public lol

Thanks. I know what I'll be doing before the store opens tomorrow. HeHeHe

You don’t need to do it daily. Only have to do it if someone unforwards or forwards the phone to night ring. We don’t have night ring so we never have to reforward the phone.
Ah. We do have night ring, so we have to do it everyday. I thought all stores did night ring.

Ah. We do have night ring, so we have to do it everyday. I thought all stores did night ring.
Stores that have people there overnight or early morning. I’m in a small format that doesn’t have an inbound team or early morning unload so no need for night ring. I assume most stores use it but any store with a 6am unload or later has no need for it

Stores that have people there overnight or early morning. I’m in a small format that doesn’t have an inbound team or early morning unload so no need for night ring. I assume most stores use it but any store with a 6am unload or later has no need for it
I think we now do 6a but honestly I’m not sure.

Operator phone was moved to the service desk yesterday. We answered it for the first couple of hours this morning. After that, nope, everyone's busy at the desk.
That is how it works with me. Gee, let me help the guest on the phone or the line of guests in front of me. Most of the calls I get at GS are just stupid. Either lost and found or calls about an online order that the guest could answer themselves if they checked their emails.

3. Press Transfer again.

Don't you park the call on 2180 and pick it up on 2280?

Can you hold something for a guest that is like $300 and in the backroom? That was one of my GS calls. The best I could do for the guest, at the time, was to verify that the items were actually in stock. Can all things like gliders/rocker chairs be ordered online, if it is in the store?

Can you hold something for a guest that is like $300 and in the backroom? That was one of my GS calls. The best I could do for the guest, at the time, was to verify that the items were actually in stock. Can all things like gliders/rocker chairs be ordered online, if it is in the store?
Yes to both at my store, ASANTS on the first one, yes all stores on the second

Yes to both at my store, ASANTS on the first one, yes all stores on the second

The second might be ASANTS as well for specific items. In general they can be ordered for pickup, however, some items might not be available at certain stores depending on inventory, expected sell through and the whims of Target.com.

Started to read through about GS being phone operator now... which sounds really traumatizing considering the last time I covered a 30 break for a TM, I had to call Kodak Support, and was on the phone with them for over 20 minutes, had a line of guests to do returns/pickup orders... the thought of also having the phone ringing for that... is just a little too much. Not that the whole calling kodak support would happen often... but it would probably happen to me. o_O 😂

Back