Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I keep forgetting to ask this, but what does it mean when some guests use gift cards and message saying "Invalid Document Number" appears on the screen? I had that situation with a guest today and she just left frustrated and confused that the GSTL I called over didn't know what to do about the situation?

Started to read through about GS being phone operator now... which sounds really traumatizing considering the last time I covered a 30 break for a TM, I had to call Kodak Support, and was on the phone with them for over 20 minutes, had a line of guests to do returns/pickup orders... the thought of also having the phone ringing for that... is just a little too much. Not that the whole calling kodak support would happen often... but it would probably happen to me. o_O 😂

why not just wait to call Kodak until a less busy time?

I keep forgetting to ask this, but what does it mean when some guests use gift cards and message saying "Invalid Document Number" appears on the screen? I had that situation with a guest today and she just left frustrated and confused that the GSTL I called over didn't know what to do about the situation?
so i have no idea if this is actually correct, but i usually give the guest the slip that prints out and encourages them to call the gift card number. i don’t have this issue often, but when i do, it’s generally an old giftcard. like the copyright dates said, 2006 and 2003 (two that i actually remember).

one woman was a regular and told me they emailed her a giftcard replacement that she added to her wallet. i have no idea what became of my other guests, but my one lady was able to get everything resolved without too much of a hassle.

If the GC has two barcodes, ALWAYS scan the small one at the top. That’s 99% of the time the problem. Other than that, inform the guest they need to call gift card hotline.

Started to read through about GS being phone operator now... which sounds really traumatizing considering the last time I covered a 30 break for a TM, I had to call Kodak Support, and was on the phone with them for over 20 minutes, had a line of guests to do returns/pickup orders... the thought of also having the phone ringing for that... is just a little too much. Not that the whole calling kodak support would happen often... but it would probably happen to me. o_O 😂
But as has been said here, if everyone is signed in to their department, then there should be very few calls bouncing back to GS. Honestly, this system sounds awesome and I am still waiting for it to happen at my store.

If the GC has two barcodes, ALWAYS scan the small one at the top. That’s 99% of the time the problem. Other than that, inform the guest they need to call gift card hotline.
Well the gift card in question the guest had only had one barcode on it so I don't think that was the problem. At my store, when the guest scans the wrong barcode on a gift card, a message like "This temporary card can only be used in the store in which it was received" appears on the screen. I'll let them know to call the gift card hotline in case something similar happens though.

Kinda funny:). My CA who is Gs trained was getting inbound calls today. They were ignoring them. I told them you might want to log out of the phone app. They did. I gave them updates on what happening.

So when you are at GS and someone comes and returns a bunch of baby stuff as an ID return, it'll often prompt to have the guest insert a card. I can't remember the exact wording, but I am sure you all know what I am talking about. I've been told this is happening because they met their limit of ID returns. They other day, the computer rejected the guest's cards (I wish I could remember exactly what it said) and the screen wouldn't allow us to scan another thing. I called over the SETL hoping she would send the lady away, but she didn't. Instead the pile was returned one by one. Ugh. Please tell me more about what is really going on with the POS. Do you think it rejected her card because she doesn't pay for things at Target with them or because there is something else happening?

So when you are at GS and someone comes and returns a bunch of baby stuff as an ID return, it'll often prompt to have the guest insert a card. I can't remember the exact wording, but I am sure you all know what I am talking about. I've been told this is happening because they met their limit of ID returns. They other day, the computer rejected the guest's cards (I wish I could remember exactly what it said) and the screen wouldn't allow us to scan another thing. I called over the SETL hoping she would send the lady away, but she didn't. Instead the pile was returned one by one. Ugh. Please tell me more about what is really going on with the POS. Do you think it rejected her card because she doesn't pay for things at Target with them or because there is something else happening?
Pos will ask for card when ID limit is hit. Sometimes you can do a few items before limit is hit. You should follow POS prompts. You did the right thing.

So what happens when they have done too many returns after their ID return limit is met? What happens when the card they insert hasn't been used frequently or recently? Is it looking at the frequency or when it was last used?

So what happens when they have done too many returns after their ID return limit is met? What happens when the card they insert hasn't been used frequently or recently? Is it looking at the frequency or when it was last used?
Yes, if they're a frequent shopper, especially if they have a redcard, it'll increase the limit slightly.

When the screen pops up to insert a card that is when we stop at my store and tell the guest they’ve hit their limit on their ID and there’s nothing more we can do.
We are empowered to hit K1 and allow the guest to exchange from same department if POS allows but that’s it, also empowered to deny there if we suspect anything.

why not just wait to call Kodak until a less busy time?
I had a guest who had been trying to print out photos on the kiosk, to have only 1 of her 3 pictures print off. She was hoping we'd be able to fix it/get it working, but could not. So I called Kodak Support.

Back