Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

No, I'm not going to spend 20 minutes examining one item. Perhaps that's why your returns aren't very quick? If the item they have is the item on their receipt, that's all that matters. People who work at Guest Service need to remember that they are not AP.
To verify an item does not take too long. However, just because the tag matches the receipt it does not mean the item is from our store. I have denied returns because the tag does not match and we are told to deny the return. Same goes if people replace detergent with water, replace Lego boxes with non-Lego's, return electronic items when the serial numbers do not match. Even though we are not AP, it is still our responsibility to return the correct product that matched the receipt.

I’ll check tags and general condition but if there are unmentioned tears, rub marks, signs that it’s been washed and who else knows what, that’s Softline’s job to figure out and put in the defect bin.
You don't automatically defect out something that has been washed or worn during the return process?

How do you know something has been worn? Washed is easy to tell. Worn? Not so much. As I said, Target allows the rental clothing system because they don't require tags to be attached. Deciding something has been worn becomes a judgment call. Unless there is a visible scent of cologne/perfume or signs of deodorant, how do you know?

If he didn’t open the box, it can be returned. Once the box is opened, it becomes exchange only. Much like video games can only be exchanged for the same one if opened.
Yeah! I just found it funny that he returned it once I told him that he wouldn’t be able to return it if it was opened, likely since he wouldn’t be able to use Target as his personal air mattress rental service.

I've had that happen as well, Dog. I've made a point of telling guests that air beds are non-returnable if opened after dealing with a glut of very angry guests. And on several occasions, they've either had me void it out of an active transaction or turned around and returned it before even leaving the store.

The rental mentality is high. I hosted an open house for my daughter and her new husband a few weeks ago when they came to town on vacation. Borrowed a couple big drink dispensers from friends for the event so I wouldn't have to rent from a party place or store canisters after the fact. And as I was asking around to see what I could borrow, I had several people suggest that I just buy something, use it, wash it out well, and return it when I was done.

How do you know something has been worn? Washed is easy to tell. Worn? Not so much. As I said, Target allows the rental clothing system because they don't require tags to be attached. Deciding something has been worn becomes a judgment call. Unless there is a visible scent of cologne/perfume or signs of deodorant, how do you know?
Creasing is a big one, item stretched out, stains, etc.

So you all believe that if a tag is attached, just scan, give back money and send the person on the way, and who cares if that means you gave back money for an item that's only going to have the tag removed and sent back as an empty package/stolen item and the article of clothing tossed in the trash? After all, it's not your personal money so you have no reason to bother reducing shrinkage, nor any reason to make it easier for AP to identify a scammer.

That's a really great attitude, not your money so not even a token effort to stop theft. And that's the attitude you feel should be passed on to the cashiers who are going to be making $15? That attitude, I hope all they do is scan and bag, at least they will give away less free money.
You mean the company that gave a guest a free $30 gift card because they complained when I enforced the policy? The company that raised my wage and cut my hours into the teens?

Yeah, I'll scan and bag because that is all Target wants. They want everyone to feel like rainbows and unicorns when they leave the store, even if they're trying to steal from us. Target has made it clear it doesn't give a shit, so why would I take all that time doing something they don't want me to do? If Target gave a shit about fraud and theft, they'd give us some asset protection hours instead of eliminating the position.

This past week has been Christmas level crazy every single day - every single register open along with 12 self checkouts and the lines still 7+ people long. “I need every single team member in the store on a register right now” was said like at least 5 times a day. I feel like my store never gets a break. We’re always so busy and packed no matter what time of year idk what it is. I can only remember like 3 times in the year I’ve worked here where it was an actual slow day.

The policy at Guest Service is pretty clear. We pay close attention to items that cost a lot. But clothes? No. Scanning mistakes are even more frequent now with SCO, so it's not unusual to have that problem arise. If so, the guest gets a merchandise card, not a return to credit card or even a gift card. If a guest is abusing the policy too often, then they'll get the exchange only message. The system is set up to allow maximum returns from guests by design. Target has no interest in duking it out with guests over a blouse, and we would be removed from Guest Service if we ran it that way.

If other stores start to crack down on return policies, I'm sure we'll shift to that mode, too. But in the meantime, the direction is quite clear. You can return. We'll defect it out if need be.

Someone from compucom came out today to update a bunch of our POS computers because apparently a ton of them were out of date. They had the latest POS software but not the latest computer image? So he basically wiped them so they’d be fresh and new. Idk if that will help with anything.

Someone from compucom came out today to update a bunch of our POS computers because apparently a ton of them were out of date. They had the latest POS software but not the latest computer image? So he basically wiped them so they’d be fresh and new. Idk if that will help with anything.
You won’t notice an improvement on your end it’s more for the techs and CSC to be able to properly diagnose your register. Also it’s not the imaging that’s out of date... he most likely “reimaged” your registers. In layman‘s term he basically wiped the whole thing and reloaded the windows and targets POS software

You won’t notice an improvement on your end it’s more for the techs and CSC to be able to properly diagnose your register. Also it’s not the imaging that’s out of date... he most likely “reimaged” your registers. In layman‘s term he basically wiped the whole thing and reloaded the windows and targets POS software
he did wipe it (electronically and physically-- he dusted them and cleaned them which I thought was super nice since he did a pretty darn good job). but he specifically mentioned it being older/out of date bc he skipped a few of our registers that he said were on more recent images or whatever

That's terrifying. And they worked afterwards? Call me pessimistic, but I would assume any register would require a couple hours of re-reimaging and other tinkering in order to be functional.

That may be my day job at work, though, and servers vs. individual machines, but still.

That's terrifying. And they worked afterwards? Call me pessimistic, but I would assume any register would require a couple hours of re-reimaging and other tinkering in order to be functional.

That may be my day job at work, though, and servers vs. individual machines, but still.
Oh it did. Each one he did took 2ish hours to complete its reimage

Damn. Last time I reformatted my home PC, it took 14 hours to reload just Windows.

Anyone else been having issues doing Return to Stock using the move app (mydevice/zebra)? I’ve been instructed to use this now rather than use a PDA, however when I check on the PDA after doing it on a zebra I see that there are always some left which still need to be scanned out

Anyone else been having issues doing Return to Stock using the move app (mydevice/zebra)? I’ve been instructed to use this now rather than use a PDA, however when I check on the PDA after doing it on a zebra I see that there are always some left which still need to be scanned out
Someone posted in another thread that if you do it in the pda it will mess up your inventory. Same reason you shouldn’t be pulling with the pda even though pogs still drop in there sometimes

Someone posted in another thread that if you do it in the pda it will mess up your inventory. Same reason you shouldn’t be pulling with the pda even though pogs still drop in there sometimes
Oh, interesting! We haven’t had issues thus far using the PDA ...well not that I know about at least. I’ll try to be more careful

Oh, interesting! We haven’t had issues thus far using the PDA ...well not that I know about at least. I’ll try to be more careful
I can’t confirm or deny if he’s right but it makes sense because we’re supposed to be doing most things pretending the pdas don’t exist since if you send them back for repairs they won’t return then. They’ll be phased out and month now. If you’re having issues with any new things implemented on the my device you should be calling CSC.

DO NOT PROCESS RTS IN THE PDA. Stores should've had RTS empty on 7-30.
The first batches should've appeared in Move/ePick on 7-31 in the morning

You will double your inventory.
Any and ALL issues found with RTS in MOVE/ePick should be called in to the CSC. Give as much information as you can; Hold Loc, Affected DPCIs, Order Numbers. Please and thanks.
This needs to be something we can mysupport. We do not have time to call CSC with these issues. It wasn’t working this morning so it didn’t get done until evening at my store.

Flexible Fulfillment issues aren't allowed to go through mySupport since they need to be dealt with in real time, apparently. Every time I even accidentally allude to SFS in a mySupport, even when it's not related, I get their damn speech about having to call the CSC and it's so annoying.

DO NOT PROCESS RTS IN THE PDA. Stores should've had RTS empty on 7-30.
The first batches should've appeared in Move/ePick on 7-31 in the morning

You will double your inventory.
Any and ALL issues found with RTS in MOVE/ePick should be called in to the CSC. Give as much information as you can; Hold Loc, Affected DPCIs, Order Numbers. Please and thanks.
I knew there was some sort of issue <.< thanks tmap

This needs to be something we can mysupport. We do not have time to call CSC with these issues. It wasn’t working this morning so it didn’t get done until evening at my store.
All tech support should be handled live with a person to troubleshoot. There’s always someone who has time to call even its its a TL or ETL. I’ve had my supports take weeks to be resolved.... I’ve even had one that last two months and was pending “partnering with HQ” for half of that time.

Back