Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I think the other part that is ignored is that if someone returns without a receipt and the item is not new in a condition that could be sold than the system will not allow an ID return. The only way to "make it work"- which we are told to do is to say there is nothing wrong with the return and then defect it out. That is actually circumventing the POS as it is supposed to work.
POS does let me return defective items on ID but we certainly have the right to deny if needed

I guess a lot of mine don't, at least half, but I am always told to punch in nothing wrong so it will go through. I think it is ridiculous to allow someone to return, for example an open car seat even with a receipt but especially without a receipt and then give them store credit. People return things without receipts that look clearly used and heavily used and are told to just make it go through.

I'm betting it has more to do with how non-confrontational the leaders are than anything else. If you have leaders who avoid conflict at all costs it's easy for them to justify it (to themselves, at the very least) as "making it right".

I guess a lot of mine don't, at least half, but I am always told to punch in nothing wrong so it will go through. I think it is ridiculous to allow someone to return, for example an open car seat even with a receipt but especially without a receipt and then give them store credit. People return things without receipts that look clearly used and heavily used and are told to just make it go through.
It may be more likely to deny damaged items if the guest is close to their limit

We also have the POS deny a return and then an TL will override it. Kinda defeats the purpose of following the POS prompts.
Yes and no... the prompts are there for GSTMs but the override is also there for a reason. If you shouldn’t ever make exceptions that button wouldn’t exist.

We also have the POS deny a return and then an TL will override it. Kinda defeats the purpose of following the POS prompts.
Broke: waiting for a TL to override a return
Woke: getting the override code from a SCO that the GSTL opened in the morning and then using it because no one would respond to the walkie or phone

Yes and no... the prompts are there for GSTMs but the override is also there for a reason. If you shouldn’t ever make exceptions that button wouldn’t exist.
More often than not the override code is used because the guest is throwing a tantrum. The electronics item is past its 30 return period, the POS denies the return using the ID, the TL will override because the guest is pitching a fit.

Broke: waiting for a TL to override a return
Woke: getting the override code from a SCO that the GSTL opened in the morning and then using it because no one would respond to the walkie or phone
Omg.. where has this info been all my life

High volume stores that don’t use carts for reshop - what is your system at guest service? Do you have tubs/bins? Do you use smartcarts? Do you just let stuff pile on the counter until someone comes to grab it? We need ideas

High volume stores that don’t use carts for reshop - what is your system at guest service? Do you have tubs/bins? Do you use smartcarts? Do you just let stuff pile on the counter until someone comes to grab it? We need ideas
We used bins for almost 2 years and went back to carts. Not 13 like before but still. Nothing else works for high volume stores without the GS remodel

We used bins for almost 2 years and went back to carts. Not 13 like before but still. Nothing else works for high volume stores without the GS remodel
Lmao that’s what I’ve been saying but they’re like “everywhere else does it and it works fine” 🙄

Lmao that’s what I’ve been saying but they’re like “everywhere else does it and it works fine” 🙄
can confirm at my store it did NOT work fine. Reshop was laying around everywhere. it ultimately got so bad we went back to carts because it became a hazard to walk around.

We use bins, but they get full so easily and we end up dumping it all into carts anyway. We were told we need to call out reshop more often, so they don’t get to the point that we need carts, but calling only does so much if no one comes to pick it up.

We use bins, but they get full so easily and we end up dumping it all into carts anyway. We were told we need to call out reshop more often, so they don’t get to the point that we need carts, but calling only does so much if no one comes to pick it up.
This! Bins only work if your store is staffed enough to have someone getting it often. Our store did not.

Yeah, like the LOD gets miffed at us for having so much reshop accumulate, but there’s only 2 sales floor people scheduled for the entire night and one of them is beauty, working on truck, the other is watching out for electronics guests who need help and getting the phone there. Really smart :)

We're getting our asses handed to us today. Sales are low so everyone's hours are being cut. We have 3 cashiers. The entire morning softlines team was sent home before noon. I think there are two hardlines TMs plus a couple TLs. And we've had every single one of them at the same time on lanes, and even the LOD on several occasions.

At my store we have a 3-tier for reshop at the checklanes and small rubbermaid bins for reshop at GS. Usually wait for certain cashiers or GSTM that are skilled enough to send them out with a full 3-tier of reshop and they're back in 15-30 minutes. If I don't have any reshop masters scheduled then I'll usually just pick whoever I can trust to knock out as much as they can in 30 minutes and then we leave the rest for the afternoon or leave it overnight for the openers. It sounds shitty to leave it, but all the other GSAs and our GSTLs understand that sometimes it's busy and you can't get to it, or you just didn't have a TM that could knock it all out. As long as it isn't a habit nobody gets worked up about coming in to some reshop.

EDIT: forgot to add that when reshop ends up at GS we call for HL or SL to come get their reshop. Most are pretty good about coming for it, but Market never comes for their reshop :( Market please come help us

We're getting our asses handed to us today. Sales are low so everyone's hours are being cut. We have 3 cashiers. The entire morning softlines team was sent home before noon. I think there are two hardlines TMs plus a couple TLs. And we've had every single one of them at the same time on lanes, and even the LOD on several occasions.

Ouch. My store has missed sales only one (1) day in the last 3 months. Guest first calls for 2 up happen about once every couple hours now

Back