Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Not on clearance you don’t. Our policy states we do not price match to clearance. If you buy Xmas stuff a week before Xmas you can’t get the clearance price if you come a week after Xmas.
To be fair it’s not it’s not price matching if it’s your own store. The price matching to clearance policy is for other stores and online. There is no policy that specifically states you can not match instore clearance prices. What’s stopping me from returning it then walking over to the floor and buying it for the current selling price? Denying the guest does nothing but waste their time... their still going to leave with their item and get it cheaper. The only time I wouldn’t match it and I’ve never even been asked to is for holiday clearance. If you bought a shoe rack and three days later it goes from 50% to 70%? Absolutely I’m going to give you the difference.

You're not a real GSTM until you back up on the lanes and say "how can I help you" out of habit and look like a total idiot

"Hi! What can I do for ya? I mean - sorry, I'm over at the service desk more - I know what I can do for you, I can help you check out! Hahaha! (dying inside)"

Yes there is.
shop with confidence - https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence

Look at first thing under exclusions (under guidelines and limitations header).

I really only enforce it on seasonal stuff that people hoard and wait for it to clearance jsut to try to pull this stunt.
Right. I’m a gstl I’ve read the policy and know it pretty well. That policy as are almost all return expect jobs written in a way that allows you to bend it to your favor. Hell I can deny anything I want and it technically falls under our policy. Your job isn’t to be a robot, it’s to provide legendary guest service and bend the rules and interpret them based off your stores needs. Like you said I as well would probably never match a seasonal PLU clearance item but would match other clearance. The rules are there to protect us as a retailer not to follow by law.

Right. I’m a gstl I’ve read the policy and know it pretty well. That policy as are almost all return expect jobs written in a way that allows you to bend it to your favor. Hell I can deny anything I want and it technically falls under our policy. Your job isn’t to be a robot, it’s to provide legendary guest service and bend the rules and interpret them based off your stores needs. Like you said I as well would probably never match a seasonal PLU clearance item but would match other clearance. The rules are there to protect us as a retailer not to follow by law.
I agree. If the guest brings in one shirt that’s now clearance and has both the item and the receipt, I’ll usually do it. It’s the seasonal scammers that get on my nerves.

I agree. If the guest brings in one shirt that’s now clearance and has both the item and the receipt, I’ll usually do it. It’s the seasonal scammers that get on my nerves.
Absolutely. They must have their receipt and the item. I don’t consider it price matching and more just changing the price. If you scan the receipt then press ad match or instore match I forget the exact terminology it’ll automatically refund the difference without doing a return, rebuy or exchange. This in my mind does not fall under a price match and neither does matching an instore sale therefore you shouldn’t stick to the price match policy.

Absolutely. They must have their receipt and the item. I don’t consider it price matching and more just changing the price. If you scan the receipt then press ad match or instore match I forget the exact terminology it’ll automatically refund the difference without doing a return, rebuy or exchange. This in my mind does not fall under a price match and neither does matching an instore sale therefore you shouldn’t stick to the price match policy.
Yup-- K1 "Match Target In-Store Ad" I believe it is. I always forget about that button-- I wish we had a quick one for Match Target.com. That would make those simple ones so match quicker.

Our store the “policy” is you have to return it and then either get another one from the floor and purchase that one or if that’s the only one, wait for that to be reshopped. Since people usually do this with clothes and it takes like multiple days for the fitting room to catch up on their reshop I don’t enforce it. I let them return and rebuy right there. I believe that this something that’s not hard to “make it right” and we shouldn’t be so strict over. I would be mad too if i bought something and then shortly after it was clearance and I would hope the store would do the same for me.

Our store the “policy” is you have to return it and then either get another one from the floor and purchase that one or if that’s the only one, wait for that to be reshopped. Since people usually do this with clothes and it takes like multiple days for the fitting room to catch up on their reshop I don’t enforce it. I let them return and rebuy right there. I believe that this something that’s not hard to “make it right” and we shouldn’t be so strict over. I would be mad too if i bought something and then shortly after it was clearance and I would hope the store would do the same for me.
I agree. As I said, I only really enforce with seasonal, which should be enforced at all stores (as last year our weekly ads during the season had a special message about it)

I've seen items go clearance after my purchase so I'll purchase one of the clearance ones & return the earlier purchase.
This is smart however I’ve had instances where if the guest is doing a card lookup it will return the lowest price one instead of the full price one

I would consider it, to be honest. Even after everything I've read here. But my limited availability pretty much ensures I'll never be asked LOL

Did you want this position?

I did since it’s a really good spot in my store with double coverage, full time hours, stepping stone for TL and working in other departments. I originally wanted Flex (which the ETL-GE is also in charge of) but they also offered GSA 2 months ago and I haven’t heard a peep about that afterwards. Couldn’t apply when a spot opened due to having applied for something else before.

When someone else got it, I was under the impression all positions are filled but it looks like they added me in as an extra one and didn’t make a job posting for it. Heck, I haven’t even had to interview for it.

Excited yet nervous at the same time. Y’all will be seeing me often in here from now on, I’m sure.

Back