Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

> mashes "ADDTL ASSIST" button
> INDYME yelling, "additional cashiers to guest services."
> forget no one else is trained on this
> cry between transactions but disguise it as allergies

This drives me crazy. All our TLs and ETLs can work the service desk. Yet, most of them walk straight on by while there’s a line of 7 guests and don’t hop on to help.

My biggest pet peeve of working guest service is that everyone at my store seems to think we just chill all day up there and do nothing. Besides returns, exchanges, price matches, bill payments, and order pickups, we sort the entire store’s reshop along with doing their defectives: backroom, beauty, softlines, market, every department. We are expected to fold and hang softlines and have recently been belittled by the softlines TL for not doing it perfectly or not having everything hung (imo give me that 50 cent softline paygrade then). We don’t have time to collect and sort hangers. We have to run photo: helping guests at the kiosk, change ribbon, sort and clear the orders, and make sure we’re stocked up at the service desk for everything while usually being scheduled alone. Not to mention going through the drawer and shredding old orders to ensure we have room for new orders.

Then we have to make sure the desk looks good, presentable, and brand or we get in trouble since we are the face of the store. We have to box hunt for our salvage and toss. Make sure vendor product goes back to receiving and price accuracy to price change. Keep up with food and pet donate. Do return to stocks. Log paid and lefts and lost and found items. Watch the blinkers just in case the GSTL or GSA got pulled away. On nights with low coverage I am covering self checkout while being the only TM at the service desk. And on the surprising night that we do have double coverage for a little at the service desk, I usually get pulled to pick OPUs.
> mashes "ADDTL ASSIST" button
> INDYME yelling, "additional cashiers to guest services."
> forget no one else is trained on this
> cry between transactions but disguise it as allergies
And depending on the LOD, our GSTLs / GSAs get in trouble for going to help out the service desk, but there is literally no one else. Guests will yell at me and I’ll hit the button and go “... I’m sorry I think I’m the only one here guest service trained tonight (almost every night though).”

Minus a few tasks, this is my GS/store to a T. And when I luckily get scheduled in other work centers, there is always the call "can anyone guest service trained please come to GS." And that is code for me because no one else working hardlines is. And softlines never wants to help. Yippee. So even when I get to escape, I don't really. :/

Even if people aren’t “GS trained” I’ll still call someone over if I see them walking by. If you have register access, then I can guide you through doing a simple return or a bill payment if I’m standing right next to you

Even if people aren’t “GS trained” I’ll still call someone over if I see them walking by. If you have register access, then I can guide you through doing a simple return or a bill payment if I’m standing right next to you
Got in trouble for this once by an ETL because both guests didn’t receive top guest service since I had to walk someone through it while doing my own transaction and guests “deserve to have my undivided attention” lmao

Reminds me of this time after a horrible storm we were the only store for miles with power and we were runinng on generators, so everything was half working and slow. I was taking two guests at once because the line was ridiculous and by the time the one register loaded I was done with the other guest.

My biggest pet peeve of working guest service is that everyone at my store seems to think we just chill all day up there and do nothing. Besides returns, exchanges, price matches, bill payments, and order pickups, we sort the entire store’s reshop along with doing their defectives: backroom, beauty, softlines, market, every department. We are expected to fold and hang softlines and have recently been belittled by the softlines TL for not doing it perfectly or not having everything hung (imo give me that 50 cent softline paygrade then). We don’t have time to collect and sort hangers. We have to run photo: helping guests at the kiosk, change ribbon, sort and clear the orders, and make sure we’re stocked up at the service desk for everything while usually being scheduled alone. Not to mention going through the drawer and shredding old orders to ensure we have room for new orders.

Then we have to make sure the desk looks good, presentable, and brand or we get in trouble since we are the face of the store. We have to box hunt for our salvage and toss. Make sure vendor product goes back to receiving and price accuracy to price change. Keep up with food and pet donate. Do return to stocks. Log paid and lefts and lost and found items. Watch the blinkers just in case the GSTL or GSA got pulled away. On nights with low coverage I am covering self checkout while being the only TM at the service desk. And on the surprising night that we do have double coverage for a little at the service desk, I usually get pulled to pick OPUs.

And depending on the LOD, our GSTLs / GSAs get in trouble for going to help out the service desk, but there is literally no one else. Guests will yell at me and I’ll hit the button and go “... I’m sorry I think I’m the only one here guest service trained tonight (almost every night though).”

And that is why I don't want to be GS trained. I don't actually work all that often with my GSTL. And we are always busy enough when I work with the other GSTL that time just sneaks by. This is the GSTL that wants me SD trained (I'm already keyed for it in the system).

This drives me crazy. All our TLs and ETLs can work the service desk. Yet, most of them walk straight on by while there’s a line of 7 guests and don’t hop on to help.
This happened to me today. Three ETLs. All walked by GS and I had 6 people in line and one waiting by the photo printers bc the ribbon was out.
> ADDTL ASSIST button
> Nothing
> "Hey, (we'll call her ETL-Jenny), can you help me with the backup?"
> ""Sorry, Star, I'm helping a guest.""
> walks right out the front door smokes in hand
> ADDTL ASSIST button
> "Hey, (we'll call him ETL-Bob), can you help me out here?"
> ""Yup, sure thing."" :: On radio: ""Hey, GSA, Service Desk is backed up. I'm going on break."" ""He'll be up here in a moment, Star.""

I didn't bother asking the other ETL. GSA came 10 minutes later when his lunch was over. Radio was turned off so he didn't hear it but I mean, I don't blame him, it's his lunch.

Needless to say, I cleared the backup by myself. The GSA changed out the ribbon and went back to speed weaving.

This happened to me today. Three ETLs. All walked by GS and I had 6 people in line and one waiting by the photo printers bc the ribbon was out.
> ADDTL ASSIST button
> Nothing
> "Hey, (we'll call her ETL-Jenny), can you help me with the backup?"
> ""Sorry, Star, I'm helping a guest.""
> walks right out the front door smokes in hand
> ADDTL ASSIST button
> "Hey, (we'll call him ETL-Bob), can you help me out here?"
> ""Yup, sure thing."" :: On radio: ""Hey, GSA, Service Desk is backed up. I'm going on break."" ""He'll be up here in a moment, Star.""

I didn't bother asking the other ETL. GSA came 10 minutes later when his lunch was over. Radio was turned off so he didn't hear it but I mean, I don't blame him, it's his lunch.

Needless to say, I cleared the backup by myself. The GSA changed out the ribbon and went back to speed weaving.
Oh, I have been known to ask an ETL for help if I see them. Again, the guest is the first priority.

I know Target had a thing a few years back about not accepting Halloween costume returns after October 31, anything about this now? I looked on the return FAQ on spot’s website and didn’t see anything so I’m assuming it’s ok to take them back this year after Halloween

I know Target had a thing a few years back about not accepting Halloween costume returns after October 31, anything about this now? I looked on the return FAQ on spot’s website and didn’t see anything so I’m assuming it’s ok to take them back this year after Halloween
as long as receipt doesn't say RETURN BY: 10/31, I think we can

Technically, the reciept doesn’t say it, but last year we were told if it looked blantantly worn (no tags or packaging, etc.) to deny the return and cite “Holiday items and limited-time-only collections may have modified return policies.” from the return policy. We didn’t have too much issue last year though because most either tried and accepted our no or didn’t try at all. I guess it’s up to what your store decides.

At my store we are refusing all Halloween Costumes after Oct. 31st for returns but I don't think the receipt mentions a return by date. The return policy does technically allow a team member to deny the return, but ASANTS.

From target.com:
Target's Return Policy
Most unopened items sold by Target in new condition and returned within 90 days will receive a refund or exchange. Some items sold by Target have a modified return policy noted on the receipt, packing slip, Target policy board (refund exceptions), Target.com or in the item department. Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a receipt may be denied a refund or exchange.

• Holiday items and limited-time-only collections may have modified return policies.

From target.com:
Target's Return Policy
Most unopened items sold by Target in new condition and returned within 90 days will receive a refund or exchange. Some items sold by Target have a modified return policy noted on the receipt, packing slip, Target policy board (refund exceptions), Target.com or in the item department. Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a receipt may be denied a refund or exchange.

• Holiday items and limited-time-only collections may have modified return policies.
Pretty much ignore this policy in my store.

it says *may* have modified return policies. if it doesn't explicitly say on the receipt that you can no longer return it after 10/31, you should process the return for the guest.
I tend to agree. I’m willing to do returns, but NOT return and rebuy at clearance price. That’s outlined in our policy and does not fly at my store.

I tend to agree. I’m willing to do returns, but NOT return and rebuy at clearance price. That’s outlined in our policy and does not fly at my store.
You get a two week period. If they have their receipt and can prove it’s been less than two weeks I’ll do it. It all goes back to making them happy and it’s not your money

Back