Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Unless I have a suspicion it’s fraud I just do it, I’ve had people get upset at me before that their only option is cash, but I just explain to them what was said in Goody’s post above ^ and offer to void the whole thing out and they can go to their original store if they want it back on their card. I honestly don’t understand why people even do same day different store returns in my area (aside from fraud purposes) - my target is 35 minutes (optimistically) away from the closest 2 Targets

Where I lived in LA, there three different stores within 15min of my house. I can easily see buying say near work and then returning by the house after they got home.. That didn't even count the huge store that went up at the Topanga Mall. That one was 20min from the house.

when you do a same day/different store return you do have the ability to return it back onto a credit card, it works the same way that K3 Credit works any other time

just have the guest put in a credit card and it will go back onto there (does not work for REDcards)

when you do a same day/different store return you do have the ability to return it back onto a credit card, it works the same way that K3 Credit works any other time

just have the guest put in a credit card and it will go back onto there (does not work for REDcards)
I’ve done it a few times and it only ever gave me a cash option for debit :( I don’t think I’ve ever actually done a SD/DS return for credit but ill remember that if I ever do!

This sometimes does not work. If I decide to attempt the return, I will let the guest know sometimes the system will not allow it, but I will try. I go through the usual process and when they put their card in sometimes a message will pop up saying it is the incorrect card #. Clearly from the receipt you can see it was the card used, but the system has yet to recognize it.

I’ve done it a few times and it only ever gave me a cash option for debit :( I don’t think I’ve ever actually done a SD/DS return for credit but ill remember that if I ever do!

you have to do cash if it was a debit card, but for credit you can put it back onto ANY credit card as long as it was
This sometimes does not work. If I decide to attempt the return, I will let the guest know sometimes the system will not allow it, but I will try. I go through the usual process and when they put their card in sometimes a message will pop up saying it is the incorrect card #. Clearly from the receipt you can see it was the card used, but the system has yet to recognize it.

That’s only if it’s a debit card in my experience. Offer cash back instead, unless they ran the card as credit (then they need to come back tomorrow)

you have to do cash if it was a debit card, but for credit you can put it back onto ANY credit card as long as it was

That’s only if it’s a debit card in my experience. Offer cash back instead, unless they ran the card as credit (then they need to come back tomorrow)
I have had credit cards not go through. This is why I will tell them ahead of time that I will try, and if it does not work, then they will have to come back or I can use their ID for the return. 99% of the time they understand.

they changed “refund value” on the receipt to say “paid for value”

i support this change

I don't. The guests can't read it and they get angry that we're overcharging them and not applying their discounts because they can't understand that their coupons are being split between 80 items.

I spent all day explaining middle school math to people because our receipts aren't intuitive and assume a level of knowledge that doesn't exist. There's gotta be a better way to do it

I don't. The guests can't read it and they get angry that we're overcharging them and not applying their discounts because they can't understand that their coupons are being split between 80 items.

I spent all day explaining middle school math to people because our receipts aren't intuitive and assume a level of knowledge that doesn't exist. There's gotta be a better way to do it
My favorites are the ones who get a promo gift card and argue you are charging them for it.

My favorites are the ones who get a promo gift card and argue you are charging them for it.
There was this one time at GS where the lady was exchanging some stuff that came with a promo gift card (I think it was Tide, and she wanted a different scent).
POS rang a new $5 promo GC and though it was an even exchange, it was asking for $5.00 difference.

She argued with me about how she already spent the other $5 GC on stuff and this was just an even exchange and yada-yada, go get the manager, but the GSA was already tied up doing backup in the lanes, the ETL was dealing with another angry guest who didn't understand why we don't take your Order Pickup to your car (because, you know, it's not like Drive-Up is an option or anything), and LOD was being summoned to the trash compactor.

So I just $5 coupon'd the damn transaction just to not hear her mouth any longer.

Fuck!

OPU and drive up hold window will revert to two day hold times from November 11th-December 2nd to accommodate cyber Monday and holiday sales.
So why not just wait until dec 2 to start the longer window?

Also— Target app showing unactivated price changes will be fixed soon. It will show the current selling price, as it should

So why not just wait until dec 2 to start the longer window?

Also— Target app showing unactivated price changes will be fixed soon. It will show the current selling price, as it should
Finally! Giving how much money they were losing on that, I'm amazed it wasn't fixed sooner.

I cashiered for the first time in a long while today and I love that the POS now shows all cartwheel offers taken off each individual item before you even hit total and takes the total down at that point as well. That way when a guest asks “did x item have 20% on cartwheel?” I can actually tell them

I cashiered for the first time in a long while today and I love that the POS now shows all cartwheel offers taken off each individual item before you even hit total and takes the total down at that point as well. That way when a guest asks “did x item have 20% on cartwheel?” I can actually tell them
it's nice. note however for cartwheel $ off manfctr coupons you still have to hit total and back to see if they applied

Woahhh I haven’t cashiered in so long so I haven’t noticed but that is great I’ve been waiting for that for a while

Do you guys honor price changes when the guest says “this was on the clearance rack”? I do if it’s clothes (I’ll take 30% off if it’s only like one item) because I know clearance in softlines looks like a bomb hit and it’s hard to tell. But for hardlines stuff I’ll tell them only ticketed items are clearance and we can’t help that other guests dump their stuff there when they decide they don’t want it

Nope bc there should be a yellow clearance tag even on softlines items.

Unless things (and I by that I mean 10-20 pillows or whatnot) are obviously put in the wrong location by flow and not some random Joe Blow....then, I'll honor it. But that situation is rare or at least I'd like to think so. Our flow team sucks.

Last edited:
I always mention clearance is priced as marked with a yellow ticket. Apologize by saying a guest probably dumped it in clearance location after finding something cheaper, but I don’t discount it. Unless a TM was just lazy and clearly put a bunch on the shelf/ rack.

When did this happen??? It wasn't there Thursday night!

Do you guys honor price changes when the guest says “this was on the clearance rack”? I do if it’s clothes (I’ll take 30% off if it’s only like one item) because I know clearance in softlines looks like a bomb hit and it’s hard to tell. But for hardlines stuff I’ll tell them only ticketed items are clearance and we can’t help that other guests dump their stuff there when they decide they don’t want it
I’ll say a guest must have put it in the wrong spot, all clearance items are ticketed. If they are making a scene sometimes I’ll do it to get them to go away (but only rarely as I hate rewarding that kind of behavior)

When did this happen??? It wasn't there Thursday night!
update was announced a couple weeks ago as “Coming soon“ with the next POS update. They don’t put a date on it because typically updates are rolled out over a period of time nation wide and not all at once for obvious network and troubleshooting issues. I would assume if DOGs store has it yours does as well or will within a day or two.

Umm, not at my store...:(

Back