Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I cashiered for the first time in a long while today and I love that the POS now shows all cartwheel offers taken off each individual item before you even hit total and takes the total down at that point as well. That way when a guest asks “did x item have 20% on cartwheel?” I can actually tell them
Wait - what? I was on SCO and it wasn’t showing up there. Is this a gradual roll out or are SCO’s just the last to be updated?

SCO updated today - I’m sure I’m not the only one that was tired of telling guests to “tap dispense to get the cash back you requested.” right? Now it says “cash back requested ‘tap to dispense’” - or something like that. Everyone was tapping so fast I never got a good view of it! 😛

SCO updated today - I’m sure I’m not the only one that was tired of telling guests to “tap dispense to get the cash back you requested.” right? Now it says “cash back requested ‘tap to dispense’” - or something like that. Everyone was tapping so fast I never got a good view of it! 😛
That’s SOOOO MUCH BETTER!!! People would stare at the giant despense button for like 2 minutes and then keep asking how to do it

My store has had this for months. We had so many guests walking off and leaving their requested cash back in the dispenser slot that I assumed it was a direct response.

Anybody know why it takes them 9000 weeks to fix one SCO? Have they just made this one a lower priority because it sorta kinda works 30% of the time?
I called 701 and bitched about one of the SCOs and they had a tech out the next morning. You just have to... be dramatic. “Yes I tried that and it still doesn’t work, at all” lol don’t tell them it sorta kinda works

I called 701 and bitched about one of the SCOs and they had a tech out the next morning. You just have to... be dramatic. “Yes I tried that and it still doesn’t work, at all” lol don’t tell them it sorta kinda works
Lol this! I tell them I'd doing all of their troubleshooting when I'm just ordering lunch. Ok look, yeah! It definitely restarting in less than 1 minutes! No, i's still not working! Oh someone will be out tomorrow morning? Great!

NCRs contract with target is a 16 hour turn around window. If you call for a SCO the tech should be in the next day to look at it and if it requires a hardware replacement sometimes they have it in their car and if not they come back after it has come in.

The NCR people were in our store about 4 months ago to replace some hardware in one of the SCOs that had completely shat out on us. They "fixed" it so that it actually turns on, but it's still janky and freezes a lot. When it freezes you can pass an item over the scanner and it will beep each time, but nothing will show up on screen and the GSA can't access the store mode menu. Last time the GSTL had to shut it down by reaching into its guts and hitting a switch or something. Then it will do the same thing again the next morning, but they still keep it open.

The NCR people were in our store about 4 months ago to replace some hardware in one of the SCOs that had completely shat out on us. They "fixed" it so that it actually turns on, but it's still janky and freezes a lot. When it freezes you can pass an item over the scanner and it will beep each time, but nothing will show up on screen and the GSA can't access the store mode menu. Last time the GSTL had to shut it down by reaching into its guts and hitting a switch or something. Then it will do the same thing again the next morning, but they still keep it open.
Call CSC. ask them to reimage it. Basically like reloads all the software. Takes a few hours.

We had NCR to “fix” a SCO register for something like the flat bed scanner if I recall and he was in everyday for almost a week and kept breaking more things on it. He needed up replacing the entire motherboard, flatbread scanner, Bill acceptor, and the pin pad. It was a bad week for him.

I had the opportunity to speak with one of the lead software engineers while at a new store. Some exciting things in the pipeline for 2019 including an entire POS refresh that is geared towards touch screen so he said by the end of 2019 all stores will be touch screen with a brand new POS.

We had NCR to “fix” a SCO register for something like the flat bed scanner if I recall and he was in everyday for almost a week and kept breaking more things on it. He needed up replacing the entire motherboard, flatbread scanner, Bill acceptor, and the pin pad. It was a bad week for him.
If NCR gets paid by the visit, it was a good week for them!😂

NCR as a company might get paid by the visit. The tech gets flat time. And if things haven't changed since my dad's days with NCR, that tech has a "route" or "zone" for which he services all machines, and having to repeatedly come back means that his other stores are being delayed on their repairs.

NCR as a company might get paid by the visit. The tech gets flat time. And if things haven't changed since my dad's days with NCR, that tech has a "route" or "zone" for which he services all machines, and having to repeatedly come back means that his other stores are being delayed on their repairs.
Thanks, I wondered about that. Our elevator company made a fortune on visits-double time on weekends. And wouldn’t you know, they would do “preventive maintenance“ on Friday, and it would break down Saturday night or Sunday morning...😁

I had the opportunity to speak with one of the lead software engineers while at a new store. Some exciting things in the pipeline for 2019 including an entire POS refresh that is geared towards touch screen so he said by the end of 2019 all stores will be touch screen with a brand new POS.
*Fingers crossed!

I don't like the touchscreen tbh. I prefer to use the K5 keys instead.
Right. The current POS is not designed for touch screen so I agree with you, that’s the whole point of the K keys. The new pos will be designed around touch screen. He mentioned the ability to look up produce from the POS like every grocery store ever. Should be super cool,

Back