Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

i found some more details about it on Sharepoint, there's even a short demo video of a cash transaction

also new SCO store mode coming soon to everybody (not just new POS stores). It’s really nice and will (I believe) also have a new coupon acceptance screen— you’ll be able to see what you’re approving. But overall it’s designed for SCO rather than just being current POS on a touch screen.

also new SCO store mode coming soon to everybody (not just new POS stores). It’s really nice and will (I believe) also have a new coupon acceptance screen— you’ll be able to see what you’re approving. But overall it’s designed for SCO rather than just being current POS on a touch screen.

i'm not sure i like this

i'm not sure i like this
I don't think I can post pics (as it was sent to me by the SCO team) but trust me, it's better. if you're worried about functionatlity-- it does everything POS does.

Old (skinned NCR) SCO is to Current SCO as Current Store Mode is to Upcoming Store Mode

I preferred the hank for both :/ I can never hear the chirp chirp

Slc9RVpp_400x400.jpg

That isn't a myDevice.
I have had a couple com back from repair like that though. All the android apps still installed and no target apps. Thought about keeping it and just getting some fun games to play on a slow day haha. CSC had to remote in and force push the device install app I think it was called.

After some more messing around with the Pickup app it seems better in most things and allows us to do almost everything myGO does.

A few things I like:
  • Much better performance and speed over myGO (thank you!)
  • A green checkmark appears on their order page if verified with pickup barcode from the app
  • The app shows orders not yet ready for pickup for the guest on their order page (nice touch)
  • A much more prominent warning when item quantity has changed (guest cancelled some or not all could be fulfilled). It helps prevent giving the guest items that were cancelled but still sitting in the hold location that have yet to go RTS.
  • Pictures on the order page without having to click each item
  • The signature step while slightly annoying I feel is an improvement and makes sure the guest has verified the order before completion and has received the order.
  • At first I thought the button in the corner with the barcode icon which opened up the devices camera to scan barcodes was the only way to scan pickup barcodes but the app still accepts scanning barcodes with the myDevice scanner so its nice if your scanner becomes locked up and wont scan, but I don't see it being something I use often.
Things I would like added/improved:
  • The app doesn't require you to scan the bag labels yet which I thought was going to be a thing (maybe in another update)
  • A way to refresh the order list by pulling down on the list (like myGO had)
  • The quantity of each item needs to be more prominent
  • I didn't seem to see the reason for quantity change anywhere. (ex Target.com guest cancel, INF, RTS/Abandoned, Damage, etc)
  • The app doesn't allow looking up past orders or orders for another location by order number (ex advanced search in myGO). Is this coming? How would we do this if myGO is going away?
Things I have yet to try:
  • Does Target phone still kick you out of the order page? Does switching apps kick you from the order page?
  • Still don't understand the open orders option in the app menu
  • Also don't know what the Arriving Orders tab does (it was empty for me)
  • Do placed but unpicked orders appear in the list (ex orders in myGO with the gray bar)
Switching apps no longer kicks you out (yay!!!) and placed but unpicked orders do show. Past order search is coming in a few weeks.

@mobilelady Can the below things be forwarded on to the Pickup team? (@SuperTarget 's suggestions with a few of my own)
  • Reason for quantity change (ex Target.com guest cancel, INF, RTS/Abandoned, Damage, etc)
    • If it's INF, don't ask to remove the items from the bag
  • Alt name should show up on order details page for stores that still are required to check ID
  • There didn't seem to be a way to send a Get for Guest (backroom) alert

Switching apps no longer kicks you out (yay!!!) and placed but unpicked orders do show. Past order search is coming in a few weeks.

@mobilelady Can the below things be forwarded on to the Pickup team? (@SuperTarget 's suggestions with a few of my own)
  • Reason for quantity change (ex Target.com guest cancel, INF, RTS/Abandoned, Damage, etc)
    • If it's INF, don't ask to remove the items from the bag
  • Alt name should show up on order details page for stores that still are required to check ID
  • There didn't seem to be a way to send a Get for Guest (backroom) alert
The only one I don't agree with is the alternative name thing. I don't think they're going to write an app that doesn't follow best practice. At this point the stores need to change not the app.

• At first I thought the button in the corner with the barcode icon which opened up the devices camera to scan barcodes was the only way to scan pickup barcodes but the app still accepts scanning barcodes with the myDevice scanner so its nice if your scanner becomes locked up and wont scan, but I don't see it being something I use often.

fwiw this is exactly how it worked in myDriveUp, it's probably more intended for Drive Up where you've got a two minute goal time breathing down your neck

Looking for some tips on the RFID cycle count for the baby registry welcome bags.

How often do you guys do the cycle count? We do ours once per week on thursdays. Usually it's guest service opener that does the cycle count each week, but today the girl scheduled under RFID did it for us and she said that we must be doing something wrong since nothing came up, and was wondering if the RFID tag is on the box that the bags come in, or is it on the bags themselves?
Nothing ever comes up when I/the GSTM do it either, but I thought that was normal, since on the instruction sheet that we got when we first started doing RFID it said that the count might be zero even if we have the bags.

Anyway, I just don't want to mess this up because we didn't have bags for a couple months and we had a lot of angry guests so I don't want that to happen again :(

Looking for some tips on the RFID cycle count for the baby registry welcome bags.

How often do you guys do the cycle count? We do ours once per week on thursdays. Usually it's guest service opener that does the cycle count each week, but today the girl scheduled under RFID did it for us and she said that we must be doing something wrong since nothing came up, and was wondering if the RFID tag is on the box that the bags come in, or is it on the bags themselves?
Nothing ever comes up when I/the GSTM do it either, but I thought that was normal, since on the instruction sheet that we got when we first started doing RFID it said that the count might be zero even if we have the bags.

Anyway, I just don't want to mess this up because we didn't have bags for a couple months and we had a lot of angry guests so I don't want that to happen again :(

it might not show you but it is counting. rfid once a week every week.

I haven’t been gstl in a bit but I don’t think it needs to be done on Thursday anymore but I could be wrong and it doesn’t hurt to continue to doing it on Thursdays. The tags are on the individual bags, you can see them if you open the bag on the barcode. The rfid program takes a couple minutes to catch up to what you’re doing so it’s not immediate. What I would do is wave the gun around then set the gun and mydevice down for like 10 minutes and go do something. I’d comeback refresh the stats page and it would always pop up. It’s just slow since you’re only counting like 10-30 items

I haven’t been gstl in a bit but I don’t think it needs to be done on Thursday anymore but I could be wrong and it doesn’t hurt to continue to doing it on Thursdays. The tags are on the individual bags, you can see them if you open the bag on the barcode. The rfid program takes a couple minutes to catch up to what you’re doing so it’s not immediate. What I would do is wave the gun around then set the gun and mydevice down for like 10 minutes and go do something. I’d comeback refresh the stats page and it would always pop up. It’s just slow since you’re only counting like 10-30 items
this helps!! ^^

Back