Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

lol our registers keep crashing too SCO is being especially bad also we had two down at once that needed big fixes to them done by NCR technicians that took like 4 days to come out and even look at them despite me calling CSC and trying to get them to escalate it like twice a day

Things that bad, huh?

Part of it is that they forgot to notice people's availability changes. I mean like scheduling a high schooler from 9-2. A couple people ghosted out. Then the people who the SD likes to schedule at GS will call out. The daily break grid looks so fucked up, I'm wondering if the SD is smoking weed when he makes the schedule. One labor day we had 1 cashier for about 3 hours. I was glad it was a good one because she was getting her ass kicked.

There's messing up and there's this. Like wtf.

Your SD probably won't last long at this rate unless he has his nose up the GM's butt or something

if they didn’t change their availability in mytime self service then it’s not the schedule writer’s fault imo

There's messing up and there's this. Like wtf.

Your SD probably won't last long at this rate unless he has his nose up the GM's butt or something

We have the best store in the district according to some.

if they didn’t change their availability in mytime self service then it’s not the schedule writer’s fault imo

It might not have been changed in time. I don't know. I don't know much about scheduling, but they have an M next to their name and our business has been revolving around kids going back to school. There are plenty of people who past their high school and college years.

The break grid on Sunday and Monday was 1 page. We had 6 people from the floor on registers between 10 and 6. Some spent the majority of their shift up front. It's not all the SDs fault. There were call outs, but It's just weird.

Was scheduling a nightmare at your store when kids go back to school?

We have the best store in the district according to some.

It might not have been changed in time. I don't know. I don't know much about scheduling, but they have an M next to their name and our business has been revolving around kids going back to school. There are plenty of people who past their high school and college years.

The break grid on Sunday and Monday was 1 page. We had 6 people from the floor on registers between 10 and 6. Some spent the majority of their shift up front. It's not all the SDs fault. There were call outs, but It's just weird.

Was scheduling a nightmare at your store when kids go back to school?

i do actually have a couple of minors on my team with dayside availability due to homeschooling and one who graduated early, but i take your point. it’s also possible that the person who wrote the schedule just ignored the flags that myTime throws up (they are pretty hidden tbh) when you schedule someone out of availability.

i’ve had to do a lot of hiring to build a team that supports the business needs from open to close, and most of that hiring has been for dayside because i have so many minors on nights already.

i do actually have a couple of minors on my team with dayside availability due to homeschooling and one who graduated early, but i take your point. it’s also possible that the person who wrote the schedule just ignored the flags that myTime throws up (they are pretty hidden tbh) when you schedule someone out of availability.

i’ve had to do a lot of hiring to build a team that supports the business needs from open to close, and most of that hiring has been for dayside because i have so many minors on nights already.

yfw you get a Karen and she turns out to be homeschooled kid's mom

Yuck it's so weird to walk into Target these days into the loud aroma of burned popcorn and crushing despair

Last couple of times I noped out of there because the store was mobbed and there were zero carts in the vestibule bay lol/lmao, apparently they have a new GSTL now, who had an anguished look on his face like he was about ready to just end it all by taking a big slurp from the pool of chicken juice that's congealing and growing fur under the meat shelves. Wew lads, I need that kind of day at work like I need a kidney stone the size of a goose egg. All I can say is praise jeebus for payroll 🙏

service and engagement TLs are getting the ability to respond to guest alerts in myGuest and i feel like it's just gonna be another thing pushed onto my plate :mad:

@Panna Jotts send help

service and engagement TLs are getting the ability to respond to guest alerts in myGuest and i feel like it's just gonna be another thing pushed onto my plate :mad:

@Panna Jotts send help

Honestly, I'm probably going to make a template for positive and negative ones to copy and paste into the email responses and just save it on my OneDrive :p Ain't nobody got time for that! ETLs are supposed to spend a certain amount of time off-stage doing computer things. My SD is going to have an aneurysm when she sees my peer and I spending more than 2 minutes on the computer and not on the floor.

Honestly, I'm probably going to make a template for positive and negative ones to copy and paste into the email responses and just save it on my OneDrive :p Ain't nobody got time for that! ETLs are supposed to spend a certain amount of time off-stage doing computer things. My SD is going to have an aneurysm when she sees my peer and I spending more than 2 minutes on the computer and not on the floor.

lmao i had to key in performance improvement plans on my "break" because that was the only off stage time i could get today 😂

@Panna Jotts send help
It does say that SD retains the main responsibility for responding.

There are several templates already, based on the feedback score.

@Panna Jotts send help
As a small format TL we all have access already and it’s super easy and quick. My SD responds to most of them but on his days off or if he’s busy he’ll ask one of us to respond. They have all the templates for you, you just need to fill in your info and some detail related to the survey. I actually enjoy doing it!

They finally fixed the baby registry bag dilemma by tracking the numbers through the POS and sending replenishment via your normal RDC. This is finally the right solution but they have changed it so many times in the past year it’s insane
Except my guest service team keeps giving them out to people who “can’t find their barcode” instead of just having the person print out their registry like I told them to lol

They finally fixed the baby registry bag dilemma by tracking the numbers through the POS and sending replenishment via your normal RDC. This is finally the right solution but they have changed it so many times in the past year it’s insane
THAT WAS MY SUGGESTION FOR WHAT TO DO I’m so happy that’s how they do it now.

Also make sure to donate your old bags once the new ones come in. On hands will only reflect RDC replenishment not your previous bags. Also needs to be tied like sodastream
Reminding myself to make sure this is tied when I come back from vacay cause I don’t think it is

Did the POG for it already drop? If so, anyone know what dept number it's under in OLP?

I'd bet anything my store didn't tie it and that's why we're out of bags (not that I really want them).

So I just found out that the only functioning cart buddy/cart mover (whatever you call it) broke down yesterday (I think the back wheel fell off). There was another cart mover, but that one also broke down and is unavailable for the time being. A GSTL who seems to be knowledgeable about the happenings in our store told me that he already put in a work order for the first cart mover that broke, but I don't know if he did yet for the one that broke yesterday.
My question is how long does it typically take for the work orders to be completed? I'm scheduled for carts twice this week and I'm really hoping it won't be too busy since I'll have to push carts in by hand until the cart movers are fixed and ready to go.

@Hope4Future
I would ask your PML if they still has it in their workload. My PML has told me multiple times he does not get some work orders that I put in. I will resubmit of he doesn't have it, and then he gets around to it. I think he just misses them, but it helps to ask.

Did the POG for it already drop? If so, anyone know what dept number it's under in OLP?

I'd bet anything my store didn't tie it and that's why we're out of bags (not that I really want them).
Not effective yet. You’re out because your store didn’t order them. First delivery is automatic and after that you have to tie it and replenish VIA the POS

Back