• Wolverine

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • "Film" maker

• Cowboy

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Beach wood artist

• Something super pretentious and annoying.

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
Have any of you ever asked for a raise, or negotiated for a higher raise during your yearly review for example? I was wondering about this when I was thinking about the raise I got this year. It was higher than the raise I got the year before, but the more I thought about it, the more insignificant it felt. I felt like I took on so many more responsibilities this year, and became a lot more knowledgable in general, I felt like I wanted to ask for more money than what I got.

How does that fly at Target? I see asking for raises working in setting like office job for example, but I don't know if that works well in retail. Haver any of you ever tried it? What were the results?

I have negotiated raises outside of review time on 2 separate occasions. That was quite some time ago. Although I obviously believe it could be done, I wouldn't even bother to attempt it with the managerial attitudes and arrogance that are present within my store (and most likely my district) at this time.

giphy.gif

Dang, that's about what I expected I guess. Retail always seems to be like that. Oh well, come next year, it won't matter much anyway. (I'm in California)

^Correct. I negotiated an extra 1.25 with my promotion on top of the paygrade increase based on experience

I know where I work you can try to negotiate your raise if you want to get laughed off the planet. Unless you're getting promoted like they said you're not going to get anywhere.

Don't listen to these guys. You most certainly can. I have personally seen it happen.
Or realize that not all stores are the same. Some stores it's either take it or leave it.

I believe the HR has to get approval from their HRBP and some may be reluctant to actually do all of that.

Which means it is possible. It is dependent on if your store's leadership is willing to step up to bat for you, but it is possible.

You can negotiate it. I was just promoted and was not happy what was offered to me so I told my ETL-HR and he backed me up and sent the emails needed to negotiate my wage. I think it all depends on if leadership thinks you're worth the battle.

Reactions: Ani
I've heard of negotiating for a hiring or promotion, but I've never heard a negotiation for a review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back