Archived Can You Ever Say Goodbye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks after I left Target for my new job, I discovered that a co-worker I knew was being harassed by another co-worker I knew because she didn't leave her boyfriend for him. He's done everything from posting her phone number on Craigslist, to putting up her personal photos and videos on Facebook. She hasn't told her family this happened and she's only told me and some managers.

She tried to go to the police about it, but they dismissed it as a lover's spat. She eventually left the store I was at for another store and forever feels marked by the situation. I technically shouldn't have gotten involved, but I have a problem (justified or not) with publicly embarrassing someone on the Internet without any context. Every time this person would try to do that, he provided no proof (just his word vs hers). Basically he left justified because he felt she lied to him even thou he knew she was having difficulty having a relationship in the first place. He knew she had an attitude and other emotional problems. Meanwhile, she knew he had emotional problems and was constantly talking about suicide.

I know the answers in this thread will be that it is easy to let go of your previous job. Do you often however discover something painful that happen after you left that if you knew about it, you would have done something about it?

The thing is, he thought I was the one who told her to go to the police and wanted to kill me in the process. In one mind I thought he wasn't going to do it, on the other he kept saying he knew where I worked downtown even thou I never told anyone.

Sounds like the guy has some serious issues - if he still works at Target then report him.

OP, if you had any friends in Food Ave, partner with one of them to get some space cleared out in the walk-in. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back