Archived Cashier Bullies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when photo was leased out. Like mobile, they didn't work for Target.

Right well you have been here long enough to remember when the company used to have dedicated photo team members. Our photo prices are not competitive compared to Costco and Wal-Mart
it's competitive with shutterfly and walgreens, cvs, riteaid and the like

Oh I hope they get rid of photo. Our kiosk is an absolute joke. Always breaking down or taking forever to print.

at my store cashiers fight to watch scos, maybe that's because the scos are pretty new still. but i watched them once and it was the worst day ever 8 hours felt like 800.

SCO is good for shorter shifts, I try my best to not spend 8 hours stuck at SCO. I usually ask to switch off after my meal or just before. I don't mind SCO as long as everyone uses it the way they're suppose to. Most of the issues are due to user-error, and only are actually due to the computer/scale being stupid.

SCO is good for shorter shifts, I try my best to not spend 8 hours stuck at SCO. I usually ask to switch off after my meal or just before. I don't mind SCO as long as everyone uses it the way they're suppose to. Most of the issues are due to user-error, and only are actually due to the computer/scale being stupid.
What bothers me is WHY on the "please wait for assistance" with scale issues does it take like 30 seconds for store login to appear. Like if it's calling for assistance the login should always be there.

at my store cashiers fight to watch scos, maybe that's because the scos are pretty new still. but i watched them once and it was the worst day ever 8 hours felt like 800.

Depending on the store it can be easier than cashiering. At my old one SCO didn't have to pitch the red card. Most people in line are hoping to avoid human contact.

If you are at a store where you have to ask every guest then yes self checkout sucks

Depending on the store it can be easier than cashiering. At my old one SCO didn't have to pitch the red card. Most people in line are hoping to avoid human contact.

If you are at a store where you have to ask every guest then yes self checkout sucks
At my store it's a loosely enforced ask every guest. As in if it's a mom with 3 kids buying 2 bananas no we don't have to ask. If it's someone buying an expensive vacuum we better be asking. Some monitors have gotten TWO in one SCO shift.

To the OP: Don't get too wound up about it unless this person does it pretty regularly. Sometimes GSTLs (self included) stagger their SCO coverage so not everyone is there all day, this person simply could have been asking you to relieve them, idunno.

Regarding SCO: I would love the terminal. but given the push on service I would think Target would frown at it as might encourage the team member not to interact with the guest, only control them via the terminal. Again, Idunno. The Kodak machine is in a class by itself. The one we have is so old and it is slow. I wish we would get the new one when we finally get our remodel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back